𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑫 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬

By kloudedxbarbie

"I found yo love when I really needed it." "So did I." #1 in URBAN-07/05/2022 #1 in WLW-25/05/2022 More

Copyright
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
Epilogue 2

Epilogue

9.7K 458 236
By kloudedxbarbie

Epilogue;
The Surprise Party

New York City, New York

5 years later....

"Everything has to be perfect. She's worked really hard for this so there can't be any mistakes." Sakina shouted at everyone who was in the house, she didn't have the energy to even be doing all this shouting in the first place but she wanted her best friend's surprise party to be perfect.

She texted Kentrell, who had gone to pick Nia up from her graduation. They'd planned this party for weeks on weeks and it was finally all coming together. Everyone was here. Zion and his crazy baby mama, Jahlia; Zaniya, who was pregnant with Kentrell's son; Julie, who was now a 13 year old beautiful girl and lastly, Naire and Ebony.

Ebony was now a tall little girl, at the old age of 7 years old and her little sister, Nayeli, who was now 5 years old.

Nia's mom and dad were in the car with her and Kentrell, everyone had pretended that they were too busy to make it to the graduation but luckily, Mama J was on Facebook live the whole time so they could as they decorated the house and prepared for the party.

"Stop pushing yoself, baby." Naire pulled Sakina to the side, "Doctor said no stress." She continued before reaching her hand down to rub Sakina's very swollen belly.

Yes, she was pregnant. Again.

"I know but I really want this to be perfect for her." Sakina sighed, she did feel slightly overwhelmed but it wasn't anything she couldn't deal with.

"You got my first son in there, be careful." Naire said before kissing her cheek, then walking away.

"First son and last kid." Sakina mumbled to herself, pregnancy with Naire's kids was no joke. Nothing could compare to her morning sickness and just how heavy the kids were, meaning that her belly was extra, extra large.

It seemed like none of them picked up her petite frame, just Ebony was petite.

"Zion if you don't put that damn vape down and get yo ass up and moving, I swear to God." Sakina cussed as Zion, who was blowing out before shooting up and hurrying to the back to help grill the meat.

"THEY'RE PULLING UP!" Zaniya shouted and the everyone ran to their pre-decided hiding spots.

Sakina didn't want anyone running around not knowing where to hide, so she made everyone practise and pick the exact place to hide. Pregnant Sakina was the most tenacious and annoying version of Sakina, but they all just dealt with it.

Craddling Nayeli and clutching onto Ebony's hand, Sakina held her breath as she heard the doorknob turn and the door open. Then she proceeded to waited for Kentrell to make the signal that Nia was fully inside the house.

"Damn, it's hot in here." He said, a little too loud. Which made Nia look at him weirdly before everyone jumped out and shouted,

"SURPRISE!" As Nia jumped in surprise.

"Surprise, momma." Julie grinned as she ran over to Nia before hugging her tightly, Nia burst out in tears as she felt overwhelmed by the love.

Everyone surrounded her, pulling her into a hug and congratulating her for making it through 4 gruesome years of medical school. Although she still had to deal with a four-year residency program, this was still a huge achievement which everyone felt was worth celebrating.

Finally reaching her best friend and sister, Nia sobbed as she embraced Sakina, who also burst out into tears. The two women cried as they hugged each other, Sakina had been Nia's biggest support system when she was pushing the med school. The sleepless nights, the quizzing and the burn-out, Sakina was always there to remind her why she was doing this and who she'd be helping.

"I'm so proud of you, you made this shit happen." Sakina whispered before kissing Nia's cheek, "You're a boss ass bitch and you're destined for greatness, girl."

"I love you, Kina. Thanks for helping me through." Nia wailed, feeling a rush of emotions suddenly overcome her. She'd really finished med-school, this was a feeling she'd never thought she'd feel ever.

'Always on time' by Ja Rule played in the speakers as everyone migrated out to the backyard.

Nayeli, Ebony, Julie and Malakai, who was Zion's also 5 year old son. They all played around in the kiddies' pool that was made for them and used water guns to splash each other as the adults sat outside and enjoyed the sun and music.

"You've worked so hard, so I got you a full year 75% discount at the spa and massage place that you really like." Jahlia said to Nia, who was wiping her tears as the girls gave her gifts.

"I'm gonna need them massages once I become a resident." Nia joked, making everyone smile at her.

"Girl I booked you and Julie a holiday away to Greece for a week and y'all leave tomorrow." Sakina said, "Naire was the one who actually came up with the idea, she said Greece was your number one dream location to travel to."

Nia's jaw dropped. "Sakina, you know I can't-"

"It's non-refundable and I'm way too pregnant to take the flight so you have to go." Sakina shrugged, making Nia roll her eyes before smilling and thanking her.

"Girl, I got your hair covered for the whole year, whatever you need me to do." Zaniya smiled, she was amazing at hair so this was honestly a massive score.

"I'm creating new life, ion get a discount?" Sakina asked, trying to guilt-trip Zaniya.

Zaniya stepped up to her so that their pregnant bellies were touching, "So am I, boo."

"Girl bye." Sakina rolled her eyes before she homages over at the barbecue to see that Zion, Kentrell and Naire had left James, who was Nia's dad alone to barbecue the meat by himself.

"They is so lazy." She sighed as she stared at the three of them, they were most likely talking about basketball.

Zaniya and Jahlia both sighed, joining in on the disappointment. Nia simply chuckled at them.

"Y'all the ones that decided to get pregnant by these folks." She said making them look at her with raised brows.

"Girl I'm not getting pregnant again." Sakina said, "I can't go through the morning sickness again." She groaned as she thought about the nausea she went through with Zyaire, he was her hardest pregnancy by far.

"Listen, I'm vegetarian now because of her, she hates all types of meat so I can't even eat the damn barbecue." Zaniya groaned, rubbing her belly as she glanced over at Kentrell, who'd stood up to take a bite of the meat.

"Look at him eating." She scoffed before waddling over there and beginning to annoy him, just so he didn't eat any more meat.

"I'm all good with Julie, I don't know if I really want any more kids." Nia shrugged, "shit is hard work."

"Y'all know I had diarrhoea the other day and we was late so when we get to his school, they was doing circle time." Jahlia said, catching the attention of the women, "Tell me why this lil ass boy sits down and announces to the whole class that they were late because mommy had diarrhoea, y'all I nearly cried." Zaniya covered her face in embarrassment as the other women burst out into tears, Malakai was a little menace, he was exactly like Zion.

Which wasn't great.

"Oh my God, y'all I remember a few weeks ago I took Ebony and Nayeli on the bus because y'all know I don't want them to be too sheltered." Sakina begins. "Anyways, tell me why Nayeli fully points at this random woman and shouts that she's really fat. Ebony asks her who and Nayeli gets up and walks over to her and points at her before shouting across the bus that the lady is really fat."

Nia burst out laughing, tears rolling down her cheeks as she listened to the story.

Kids were so innocent in their statements but it was the parents who suffered.

"What did you do?" Jahlia asked, holding in her laugh.

"Girl I acted like I didn't know who they was. I made Sergio go home with them." Sakina chuckled as she remembered the event, Naire couldn't stop laughing when she'd heard the story.

-XX-

It was now dark outside and people had left because it was Monday tomorrow, which meant work for a lot of the people. Naire was clearing out with Sakina as Nia went to put Julie to bed.

"Momma, I'm so proud of you for getting your degree." Julie said with a smile, she had grown so much that she didn't even look like that little girl that Nia had found on the edge of a bridge, "You work so hard, I wanna be exactly like you when I grow up."

She pulled Nia into a hug, Nia fought back the tears as she hugged her before walking out of her room and shutting the door. Nia stood at the door and cried quietly, over the years, the guilt had simmered down but hearing Julie say that only made her realise that she didn't want Julie to be anything like her. Nia wanted better for her only child.

That's why she worked as hard as she did.

Walking down the stairs, she found Ebony watching TV while Nayeli was knocked out on the sofa. Sakina was sitting down tearing some chicken apart as Ebony used her as a back rest. Naire was busy clearing up what was left before she came into the living room.

"Aight, I done cleared up everything." Naire rubbed her hands together, "Congrats again, Nia." She said before walking over to go pick Nayeli up and letting her head rest on her shoulder as she drooled.

Nayeli was Niare, copy and pasted. Same skin tone, same nose, same sharp eyes and clearly the same honest and carefree attitude. She didn't look nothing like Sakina, which Sakina cried about because she'd low-key wanted a mini her but she found it so cute.

Turning off the TV, Naire said her goodbyes before grabbing Ebony's hand and leading her out while she carried Nayeli.

"Okay girl, we finna go. I love you and I'm so proud of you." Sakina said before pulling her into a tight embrace. "You deserve every good thing that comes your way."

"I love you too, sis." Nia said before they pulled apart and Sakina waddled over to the car.

Slumping inside before shutting the door and watching as Naire pulled out of the driveway and into the roads. Ebony had fallen asleep and Sakina simply rubbed her belly, allowing today's events to sink in.

Everyone had grown up.

Kentrell and Zion were still doing that hood shit but they were expanding and planning to build a club, as all gangs members do. However, it was still in a step in the right direction.

Zion and Jahlia are engaged to be married. Zaniya and Kentrell are married, she refused to get pregnant without a ring.

Nia was still very much single and in therapy, she was thriving on her own and very focused on raising Julie to be an amazing person, and she was doing great.

Sakina had finally taken over MKD and had been the CEO for a few years. She was incredibly successful and making millions per year. Although she saw her sister regularly, since she was one of the shareholders, they hadn't rekindled their relationship. Sakina had never gotten over Lenora's initial reaction to her sexuality.

Lenora had gotten married to Cyrus, they had two children and she was a housewife. That was all she knew due to the fact that she didn't keep in contact with her sister at all, even though she would have loved to meet her nephews.

Lastly, Sakina and Naire were now the Carter-Davidsons. They had tied the knot 2 years ago, finally having the wedding of their dreams at the ages of 21. Naire was a lawyer, however, she worked at home so she could watch the kids since Sakina was more busy in the office.

Life was good, blissful even. They'd formed a tight circle and they were family.

Sakina found Naire's love and Naire had found Sakina's love.

Such a sweet, sweet love that many people dream about, meeting your soulmate at a young age and fighting to stay together.

"I'm so glad I met you." Sakina turned to face Naire, who was still as beautiful as she was many years ago. Her locs were longer and healthier, her face more vibrant and her mind much more wiser.

"Me too, baby."

I bet if I give all my love, then nothing's gonna tear us apart.

-xx-

This story was inspired by Drake's song, 'Find Your Love'.

I listened to the song after having my first romantic encounter with a girl and that's how the inspiration came about for this whole story.

I just wanted to say that black women, love is love. Love whoever you want and be whoever you want to be. Find your love, it could be a man, woman, a song, a lifestyle. Either way, I love seeing black women being their true, authentic selves. Not caring about what society has to say.

Just like I took a step and accepted that I was bi, I want every black woman to take a step and accept something about yourself.

I love you black women and thank you for supporting Find Your Love.❤️

Name your favourite character and why.

Name your favourite scene and why.

Onto the next story!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

HER By ME_Antiiii

Fanfiction

76K 1.4K 30
You Mines Now Read and Find out
99.9K 3.7K 56
"𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐳𝐞 𝐦𝐞." 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧...
2.5K 96 2
A wasteland of URBAN oneshots. (Mostly bxb) May 6th, 2023.
233K 2.2K 6
The writing does get better.