042

Chapter Forty-Two:
Emergency

Sakina Joelle Davidson New York City, New York

New York City, New York

Sakina gently rubbed Ebony's back, she'd fallen fast asleep and was currently being carried by Sakina. She was sitting down on one of the chairs in the airport while she watched as Naire paced around on the phone, although she didn't know what it was about, it was clear as day that Naire was incredibly stressed. Feeling slightly agitated, she pulled a chocolate bar out of her handbag, she'd been advised by her doctor to moderately eat dark chocolate.

Naire hung up the phone and walked over, sitting beside her and also having a piece of the chocolate. She looked at Sakina was sympathetic eyes and just then, she knew this was serious.

"I'm sorry, baby. The hospital just told me that Dave woke up and he won't go to rehab until he's talked to me." Naire explained softly, she felt bad that she had to do this but she also desperately wanted to see her father.

"Don't apologise. You've been on edge because you've been waiting for him to wake up." Sakina said as she ate another line of the chocolate, "Go make sure that he's okay and he has a smooth transition from hospital to rehab."

Naire nodded, "I can't thank Curtis enough for paying for the rehab facility."

Sakina's family had done so much for Naire, despite knowing her for only a short period of time. At times it filled her heart with gratefulness, others, she felt unable to provide. She wanted to take care of Sakina too but she knew that financially, she wasn't there yet. So she just accepted the help offered to her.

"Don't mention it, daddy lost a lot of friends to addiction. He prolly don't want the same happening to you." Sakina explained, shifting Ebony slightly because she was a bit heavy as she drooled on her shoulder.

"You and Ebony can go ahead, I'll join you two soon. I promise." Naire said as she glanced at a phone, probably a message from Troy.

"Keep me updated." Sakina leaned forwards to receive a peck on her cheek before watching Naire walk away, clearly rushing.

Sakina sighed and glanced at Sergio, who was standing slightly far away from them. Since Salvador was dead, there was no need for Sergio to trail Nia, so he was back to watching Sakina once again. She smiled at him slightly before standing up and walking straight to the first class queue, she'd meet Naire in Greece after a couple days.

-XX-

Naire was relived to hear that Dave had fully recovered but was also anxious to leave Sakina. Ever since they'd found out that she was pregnant, Naire felt her protectiveness increase to heights that she'd never reached before. She wanted to be there all the time, making sure that everything went in Sakina's way.