027

Chapter Twenty-Seven:
Troy's Party

Naire CarterNew York City, New York

Naire Carter
New York City, New York

Troy had invited Naire and Sakina to his party, he was celebrating being signed by a label. After all these years of hard work, Troy's dream had finally come true. Even though Kya was going to be there, Naire wasn't going to miss her best friend's party. Initially, it was meant to be a small get together but Troy switched it up and made it an open party, meaning anybody could come up and just have fun. He would use this as a way to play his music to a larger crowd.

"Margaret says she's on her way now." Sakina told Ebony, who was pulling on a cap over her locs which were tied up in a ponytail.

She simply nodded, it was hard for Naire to leave Ebony with a babysitter but Margaret had been a worked for Sakina's family for ages, she'd practically taken care of Sakina and Lenora, at times when their parents couldn't.

"You can trust her, baby." Sakina tried to reassure her, she was sitting in front of a mirror, fixing up her make-up and Naire came up behind her.

She placed kisses on her head before looking at Sakina in the mirror, admiring her beauty and eventually, her eyes trailed down to the marks she had splattered all over her neck from being chocked. Naire ran her hand over the marks, making a shiver run up Sakina's spine from the flashbacks.

"You tryna get in a quick round before we go?" Naire asked slyly, tracing the marks.

Sakina rolled her eyes, "Hell no. I been eating more plan Bs than food." She shot at Naire, who simply chuckled at her comment.

"You be the one begging for it raw." Naire mumbled as she walked off to the living room, checking up on Ebony who was fast asleep on the floor.

They'd set up a little bed for her since she seemed to enjoy sleeping on the floor, Sakina had bought it for her to surprise her. Since she'd already bought it, Naire couldn't force her to take it back because she struggled with accepting gifts. Naire snapped a quick picture of Ebony before watching as Sakina stepped out of the bedroom and into the living room, flaunting her outfit to Naire who hyped her up.

"You look good, baby." Naire smiled, revealing her dimples as she pulled Sakina into a tight hug, kissing her soft cheeks.

Sakina rocked side by side with Naire until they heard a knock at the door. Sakina walked to open the door and saw Margaret, who she quickly pulled into a tight, warm hug. Her grin was wide as she introduced Margaret into the apartment, introducing her as her second mom.

"She's my second mom, I love her." Sakina said to Naire as they led Margaret to the living room.

Margaret was a old, British lady who'd raised Sakina and Lenora. She was head of housekeeping in the Davidson household but often took the mother role when Makena wasn't around. Sakina genuinely loved Margaret with her whole being, she was one of the kindest souls and one of the major reasons she was the person she was today.