010

Chapter Ten:
Friends

Naire CarterNew York City, New York

Naire Carter
New York City, New York

"Nah, you can't come right na." Naire shook her head, holding the phone to her ear as she looked through the fridge for something to cook.

"Why? Not like you got laid or got any other friends but me and Kya." Troy chuckled, as if Naire would let anyone else near Ebony.

"You right. I ain't get laid and I ain't got no other friends." Naire shrugged, "But I still got someone in my crib right na." She said before putting the phone down, pressing loud speaker and proceeding to cook.

"Oh shit. You sure you'on like ha? I ain't ever seen you let no one else in yo crib." Troy said, he didn't really understand where this was all coming from.

Naire wasn't the kind to just let anyone around her, better yet near her space and child. She'd always been closed off, harder to understand but Troy was sensing that something was changing. He knew she wouldn't admit anything right now about their friendship or her interest but it was still clear to see that this girl had some kind of an effect on Naire.

"Ion like her, bruh. We just got a project together." Naire smacked her lips, tying her locs back and washing her hands.

She began to cook while Troy left the topic and went to play the game. Naire didn't really understand what was happening to her. Normally, she would have just sent Sakina to her own crib or made them study when Ebony wasn't there. She was doing a lot of things that she wasn't used to and it was scaring her.

Sakina walked into the kitchen with Ebony in her arms, her head ached and her throat was dry but she'd slept good. Ebony had just woken up so she'd decided to change her and bring her over.

Naire turned to look and saw the two of them, she felt a warm sensation in her heart as she watched Sakina cradle Ebony with such gentleness and delicacy.

"I hope you don't mind. I changed her because her diaper was full." Sakina explained as she rocked a bit, smilling at Ebony.

"Nah, it's all good. I appreciate it." Naire said, which caught Troy's loud ass' attention.

"Naire, how you gon' say you don't like ha but y'all acting like a couple?" He shouted, since he was on loud speaker, everyone heard what he said.

Naire smacked her lips before grabbing the phone and hanging up. Sakina simply smiled before walking towards Naire and leaning over to see what she was cooking.

"You hungry?" Naire asked.

"Yeah, I could eat." Sakina licked her lips as she looked at the bacon that was being fried, which made Naire chuckle a bit.