030

Chapter Thirty:
Be my problem

Sakina Joelle Davidson New York City, New York

New York City, New York

"I gotta tell her, Naire. I can't stand there with her and lie straight to her face anymore. Shit is eating me up inside." Sakina confessed as she turned right and began driving towards Nia's house, she was planning on telling them everything she knew about Salvador, even if it meant exposing her own wealth.

"I get you but this is some dangerous shit, as soon as you tell her make sure you get your ass back here." Naire warned, it was obvious that she was worried but she was also happy that Sakina included her in everything now. Her feelings, her problems and her dilemmas.

"If something happens, let me know, no matter how small." Naire added quickly, Sakina sighed as she stared out, watching the rain slowly begin to pour down.

"I won't bother you with the small things." Sakina sighed, parking her car right on Nia's driveway, she sat there for a bit, listening to the pitter patter of the rain as it hit her windows.

"Why the fuck not?" She asked, feeling herself get annoyed.

"Because I don't wanna bother you with my problems. I'm not your problem, Naire." Sakina shrugged, she was terrible with wording what she truly felt. She wanted to only bring happiness to Naire, no stress or worries.

"Be my problem." Naire urged, "We together, I don't expect you to be perfect." She continued softly, understanding that this was something that Sakina genuinely struggled with.

"Okay, baby?"

Sakina nodded, "Okay." She dropped her head down and took a deep breath. Something about this whole situation made her shake with anxiety. Naire was stressed enough, she didn't want her dealing with this.

-XX-

"So he's been working with my brothers but really, he was tryna set them up?" Nia asked breathlessly, they were sitting in her bedroom as Sakina finished explaining everything.

The rain was pouring pretty heavily outside, the clouds were grey and dark and the only noise was the wanted meeting the ground. It soothed and calmed the atmosphere even though the topic was heavy and difficult, Sakina even found herself on the verge of biting her nails. Which she never did.

Sakina nodded. "Girl, he's playing Zion and Kentrell into thinking that he's getting them info but really, he's getting them killed."

Nia broke down right in front of her, tears welled up in her eyes but she quickly wiped them away and furrowed her brows. She crossed her arms and looked at Sakina, before asking,