019

Chapter Nineteen:
Accidental Meet-Up

Sakina Joelle Davidson New York City, New York

New York City, New York

Sakina hugged Nia as she sighed, she didn't want to cry but she just felt stressed. Nia had ranted to Sakina about the whole Salvador situation because she knew that she wouldn't judge her. She had no connection with either gangs so she could speak without fearing judgement.

They were currently slumped in Sakina's apartment on her bed. Nia wiped the tears before she sat up and crossed her legs, Sakina doing the same thing.

"Salvador never left my mind, even after all 'em years, he was always there. I always wondered if he was alive, happy or if he'd recovered." Nia confessed, her voice was slightly raspy because she'd been crying. "Running into him again just feels like a sign, you know?"

Sakina nodded, she did understand Nia's thought process. "After so many years, you guys found your way to one another, it's pretty amazing."

Nia stared at her friend for a few seconds before sniffling and putting her head in her hands. The whole thing was stressing her out, she was incredibly attracted to Salvador, not to mention the emotional connection that they'd formed from years ago. She was conflicted but she knew that she'd done the right thing by her brothers.

"Sakina, you believe in fate?" Nia asked curiously, staring at the ceiling as she laid on her back. Sakina laid beside her and grabbed her hand before rubbing it softly, trying to calm her friend.

"I don't really know, I feel like believing in fate is a dangerous thing to do. Meer coincidences could be given too much thought because of the idea of fate and clearly planned ideas could be given too little thought." She explained, although she felt like she'd spoken to fancy, Sakina hoped that Nia would understand what she meant.

"Nia? Don't you think he could have planned this?" Sakina asked, feeling that she had to be cautious with what she was about to say next.

"This Salvador you're talking to now isn't the Salvador from 5 years ago. He's a stranger now, treat him as such." Sakina warned, "Living in the game should make you more cautious."

Nia nodded, she'd almost forgotten where she'd been raised. She was linked to the Rolling 30s, she had a tattoo that proved that. Growing up in Harlem meant that she had experienced things that other people couldn't even imagine, she'd done things, been betrayed by people and more. How could she forget?

"Kina, you seem like you been raised in the suburbs, how you know so much 'bout this shit?" Nia asked, looking over at her friend who was staring at the ceiling.

"Let's just say, growing up I had things other people wanted, so I learned to always make sure to question their intentions before allowing them to get close to me." Sakina shrugged.