014

Chapter Fourteen:
Honesty

Naire CarterNew York City, New York

Naire Carter
New York City, New York

Naire stared at Ebony as she slept, she didn't know what to do. She'd planned to go over to Sakina's apartment right after picking Naire up but she was fast asleep in her car seat. She sighed as she thought about what to do. Waking Ebony up wasn't an option but she'd also been looking forward to spend time with Sakina, even though Ebony was her excuse.

"What am I gon' do na?" Naire mumbled to herself, she felt particularly sad that she couldn't go to see Sakina but this was how it was.

Gently taking out the car seat, Naire locked the car and began carrying Ebony into the apartment complex. She reached the third floor and just as she was about to walk to her door, Sakina's door opened and she peeped her head through. Naire glanced at her expectantly.

"She sleepin?" Sakina asked before Naire gave her a look.

She chuckled, "Stupid question, I know. Y'all can still come in though." Sakina whispered, making sure to not wake up the baby.

Naire nodded before walking over, Sakina opened the door wider and held it for her to walk in. She glanced around and took in the surroundings, how a person's place looked told a lot about their personality and just the type of person they are. Naire immediately walked over to the living room and placed the car seat down, facing the sofa.

 Naire immediately walked over to the living room and placed the car seat down, facing the sofa

"Just make yourself comfortable." Sakina said with a small smile.

She was dressed in black tracksuit bottoms, a white vest with no bra and her belly was showing slightly. Her pink hair was in a messy bun while a few strands were loose around her face. Naire stared at her for a bit before walking over to sit in the very middle of the couch.

Sakina slumped onto the sofa beside Naire, glancing at her. It was obvious that her feelings were still there, even though she tried to fight them, the attraction was just too strong for her. Her heart raced whenever she was around Naire and she often struggled to catch her breath, but time healed all. However, it wasn't clear to Naire, it looked as if Sakina was over her but she felt the pull.