032

Chapter Thirty-Two:
Show me how

Sakina Joelle Davidson New York City, New York

New York City, New York

Sakina sat in her bed for a few minutes before she turned to see that Ebony was wide awake, her big, black eyes were staring right at her before she smiled. She felt her heart warm up as she leaned over to kiss the little girl, despite her confusion and stress. Doing the only thing she knew, Sakina called Margaret for a favour before beginning to wash Ebony up and feed her while getting herself ready. By ready, it meant that Sakina simply tied her curly hair in a messy ponytail and pulled on a white cropped top with jeans and some slides.

Margaret arrived in thirty minutes, Sakina said her goodbyes to Ebony before rushing over to her car. She'd wanted to bring her along but a part of her knew this would just be far too dangerous. Ebony was almost two years old, she didn't need to see stress, Margaret would allow her to stay surrounded by happy energy while Naire and Sakina sorted themselves out.

Pressing on the accelerating peddle even more, Sakina swerved and overtook cars until she finally reached Nia's house. Her jaw dropped as she stared at the house. The window was shattered and you could hear arguments going on inside, Sakina sighed before stepping outside her car, locking it and knocking at the door. As the door opened, a gun was aimed right at her until they realised it was her.

"My bad, we thought they was back." Zion exhaled, tucking the glock into the back of his jeans.

"Who is 'they'?" Sakina asked, stepping over the glass to go sit on the sofa next to a silent  Nia while Kentrell was on call, arguing with whoever.

"The Latin Kings." Nia mumbled, sniffling but Sakina couldn't see her face because her head was hanging low and her hair covered it. She simply rubbed her friend's back, unable to tell her the news.

"He's dead." Nia said, making everyone face her in shock, only she'd known that fact. Sakina knew it too but it raised the question, how did Nia know about it?

"Nia who the fuck are you talkin' about?" Kentrell hung up and knelt down infront of his sister before shaking her, making her speak.

"I killed Salvador." Nia replied shakily, making Sakina's blood run cold. Her eyes widened in shock, making her look at Nia even more while they all huddled around her. Zion and Kentrell glanced at each other, most likely wondering how she knew about him.

"What happened, Nia?" Sakina asked softly, still rubbing her back.

"He told me he wanted to meet after you told me everything, so I went to meet him. The addy was in a weird place but I just wanted to know the truth. When I get there, I notice that he keeps looking at his watch so I pulled my gun out and asked him why the fuck he kept doing that." Nia spoke, tears rolled down her cheeks as she continued.

"He said they were going to get Kentrell and Zion and that this was the only way he could keep me alive. I got my phone to call Kent but he started fighting me so I shot him." Nia finished, at this point she was fully sobbing, Kentrell stood her up and hugged his little sister.

"That's how you knew they were coming, ain't it?" Zion asked, looking at the broken glass because of the shooting that had happened an hour ago. Nia simply nodded.

"Where did you shoot him?" Kentrell asked, "We gotta get rid of the body."

"Don't worry about it. Sergio said he'd take care of it." Nia explained, making Zion and Kentrell look at each other confused while Sakina nodded in relief.

"My bodyguard." Sakina spoke up, drawing attention to her, "I got him to keep an eye on Nia, just in case Salvador was in some crazy shit."

Silence filled the room while Sakina comforted Nia, she couldn't even imagine the pain she was in. She rubbed her back while Kentrell and Zion paced back and forth in the room, trying to figure out what to do. Although she wanted to ask what had happened, Sakina decided against asking and simply focused on her friend. A part of her wondered how Naire was doing and desired desperately to be with her but she knew Nia needed her too.

"I heard what happened, y'all getting back at them?" Zaniya stormed into the house, a whole gang of men behind her too. They all nodded at Nia and Sakina before heading to the backyard with Kent and Zion.

"He's dead." Sakina said, looking up at Zaniya who simply looked shocked at the news.

Sakina stood up and walked over to Zaniya, pulling her aside. She whispered to Zaniya that she needed to go check on Naire and Ebony and asked if Zaniya could take over in caring for Nia, she nodded and assured her that it was okay. Glancing back at heartbroken  Nia, Sakina kissed her forehead before heading out to her car.

-XX-

After picking Ebony up, Sakina drove to the hospital and parked the car before heading inside. She walked up to where Naire, Troy and Kya were before handing Naire some food, then proceeding to hand it to Troy and Kya. She sat down beside Naire, handing Ebony to her and watching as she hugged her tightly.

"Is Miss Carter here?" A doctor asked, standing there looking around. Naire shot up with Troy and Kya behind her, he led them to the inside of the restricted area while Sakina chose to stay behind.

She waved at Ebony who waved back with a smile before she shot up and hurried to the counter. Sakina stood in the queue and when she finally reached the desk, she spoke;

"Hi, Mr Dave Carter is my father-in-law and I would like to pay for his medical bills?"

The nurse stared at her before she started typing, looking through the records too see who the patient was.

"Of course, but you do know that there may be some additional costs that come later on?" The nurse asked, smiling kindly.

"Just make sure to automatically charge  it to the card." Sakina spoke up before handing the nurse her black card and watching as she placed it into the machine. She sighed as she got the receipt and card back.

"Please ensure that his stay is especially comfortable." Sakina said, smiling back at the nurse since she'd seen her read her black card, the nurse knew how influential her family was.

"I will, Ms Davidson."

Sakina smiled before walking back to the waiting section and comfortably sitting down, crossing her arms in worry. Everything was going to shit and she just didn't want things to get worse. She had to find out who Julie was, ensure that the Brown siblings would stay safe and make sure that Naire was okay. It was all a lot for her. Sakina was sure that she couldn't handle anything else.