011

Chapter Eleven:
Afar

Sakina Joelle DavidsonNew York City, New York

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Sakina Joelle Davidson
New York City, New York

"Mom, I'll come visit during the weekend. I've been so busy." Sakina explained to her mom as she sat in the car, she was currently parked outside her apartment block.

"Momma, I promise. You don't gotta come out here." Sakina sighed, Makena was being as clingy as usual.

Of course she missed her parents but it had only been two weeks and they were ringing her up like crazy. Maybe not all of them—just her mom and Lenora. Her father checked up on her every once in a while and ended it there. Sakina rubbed her forehead as she heard her mother complaining about how they never talk.

"Okay ma. I'm gonna start calling you before I go bed, I promise." Sakina explained softly, "I've just been busy with work and the project."

"I'm eating good. Yes, it's safe. Yes, there's no roaches." She nodded, "Oh my God, ma. I'm okay."

"Bye, I love you." Sakina sighed before hanging up, she loved her mother to death but she had a few attachment issues.

Running her hands through her hair, Sakina leaned back on the chair and sighed. She shut her eyes and just took a few deep breaths, everything she talked to her mother she felt the guilt eat her up. Sakina felt like she was lying to her parents about who she really was.

The fact that she was developing feelings and in the process of stopping them, for a woman made it worse. She had been able to live with the fact that she was lesbian because she didn't have a potential partner in mind. Now that she did, it made shit a lot harder.

Tears welled up in her eyes and ran down her cheeks but she quickly wiped them before sniffling. She'd cried over the thought of coming out multiple times and she was tired of it now. Sakina pushed the feeling away and grabbed her keys, laptop bag and stepped out of the car to someone who she hadn't been expecting standing there.

Shutting the car door, Sakina looked at Naire with her lips tightly shut. Naire was holding Ebony, who was leaning over to Sakina. Her eyes were glossy with worry while Sakina evaded her eyes.

"What are you standing around here for?" Sakina asked, pressing the button to lock her car before finally taking Ebony from Naire, who giggled.

"Ebony saw you and she was bout to cry when we walked off. I thought she wanted to say hi." Naire said softly, her stare was so intense that Sakina felt like her eyes were burning the side of her head.

"Okay." Sakina replied, her voice barely a whisper as she smiled at the baby in her arms.

"Hey pretty mama." She kissed Ebony's cheeks before putting her down and holding her hand.

𝑭𝑰𝑵𝑫 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें