022

Chapter Twenty-Two:
Park Date

Sakina Joelle DavidsonNew York City, New York

New York City, New York

After falling asleep on Naire, Sakina slept for hours until she eventually woke up with Ebony jumping on her while she watched her shows on tv. Sakina felt a push on the stomach and when her eyes opened, she saw the little girl laughing and giggling, not even caring that she was sitting on a whole human being. Sakina smiled before nudging Ebony, making her turn to see that she was awake.

"You be jumping on me like I'm a trampoline, sis." Sakina rolled her eyes jokingly, Ebony just continued jumping.

She lifted the baby, stood up and placed her back on the sofa before looking around for Naire. Sakina couldn't hear her shuffling around in the kitchen so that meant she was most likely in the bedroom.

"Ebony, baby, where your moms at?" Sakina asked Ebony, who didn't even bother to look at her. She chuckled before walking off, she knew better than to interrupt a baby watching it's show.

Checking the bedroom and the bathroom, Sakina didn't find Naire anywhere, she sighed before going into the kitchen to make Ebony some dinner, she'd been watching YouTube videos and was somewhat confident. After cooking it all up, Sakina went to sit beside Ebony before feeding her a spoonful until eventually the whole plate was gone. One thing about Ebony was that she was gonna eat.

"You always cooped up at home, we should take you to the park tomorrow." Sakina said to Ebony, who simply nodded and smiled her little gummy smile. She knew damn well that she didn't know what a park was.

Since she didn't know where Naire was, Sakina started preparing to give Ebony a bath. She grabbed all the essentials, ran the bath and began washing the baby. As she grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her to walk to the bedroom, they ran into Naire who seemed like she'd just come back from grocery shopping.

Her heart swelled at the sight before her, Naire simply placed the groceries down and kissed both girls.

"I just ran to the store real quick." She spoke as she carried the bags into the kitchen, beginning to pack away the food.

"Imma get Ebony dressed before she get cold." Sakina shouted from the bedroom, Naire simply nodded.

After getting Ebony dressed in cute little princess pjs, Sakina held her hand as the little girl walked beside her into the living room. Naire had gotten some snacks like packets of chips, candy and drinks. She'd set up a whole movie night for the group.

"What we finna watch?" Sakina asked as she looked around, admiring the set up.

She'd set up all the snacks in a wooden tray, thrown blankets all over the sofa so that it was comfortable. A candle was lit while the lights were off. A Disney movie started and Sakina carried Ebony to the sofa and placed her in the centre before grabbing the blankets and placing some on top of her. The Disney intro began in the background, the light shining on Ebony's astonished face, she was loving every bit of it.