021

Chapter Twenty-One:
Friendships Come in

 Sakina Joelle DavidsonNew York City, New York

New York City, New York

After staying in bed throughout the whole of Friday night till Saturday noon, she didn't want to get up and get anything done. Frankly, she felt a heavy feeling in her heart, similar to the one she'd felt when she'd seen her mother, Makena, standing outside her apartment door when she was with Naire. Except this time, the feeling stayed. And it stayed. Then it stayed some more.

Her biggest fear about coming out had come true, one of the closest people to her hadn't taken it the way she'd expected them to. Sakina felt clueless, she didn't know what to do in this situation, all she knew was that it stung. She'd gotten multiple calls from Naire all morning and she hadn't answered any, Sakina felt horrible but she just didn't have it in her to talk.

Finally dragging herself out of bed, Sakina went to shower then pulled on some black leggings, a black zip-up hoodie and a black beanie over her long hair. She left her face all natural with only her lashes before she applied Vaseline on her lips. Grabbing a small purse with her essentials, Sakina stepped out of her apartment and as she turned towards the elevator, she met eyes with Naire.

A very angry looking Naire.

-XX-

"Where was you at, bruh?" Naire asked, they were currently inside Naire's apartment while Ebony watched Coco Melon in the living room.

Sakina sighed shakily, she wasn't in the mood to talk about last night's events. However, a huge part of her knew that Naire had been worried about her and that she deserved at least a little explanation about what had happened. She knew she was being unfair by keeping her partner in the dark, if it was the other way around, she'd hate it.

"I went to meet my sister last night then I went to sleep." Sakina spoke, her voice was raspy from crying and her eyes were slightly puffy.

As soon as Naire took in her appearance, she pulled Sakina's cap off to see her clearly before pulling the much shorter girl into a tight embrace. Silence filled the kitchen as they simply hugged each other, Naire could feel the coldness of Sakina's tears on her chest but she didn't care, that wasn't what was important right now. Minutes went by until her quiet sobs turned into wails, Naire simply rubbed her back and tried her best to calm her down.

She hadn't even noticed Ebony had walked over here, holding onto the walls and was staring at Sakina crying. Ebony started crying too because she didn't want Sakina to cry.

Surprised by Ebony's tears, Sakina pulled away and walked over to carry her before including her in the hug. She held back her tears because she realised that she now had a little girl who was watching her move, who card about her. Sakina didn't want to ever make Ebony worry about anything else, she had to be stronger. After sniffling a few times, Sakina wiped all her tears away and while she wiped one of Ebony's cheeks, Naire wiped the other.