Epilogue

Epilogue;
The Surprise Party

New York City, New York

5 years later....

"Everything has to be perfect. She's worked really hard for this so there can't be any mistakes." Sakina shouted at everyone who was in the house, she didn't have the energy to even be doing all this shouting in the first place but she wanted her best friend's surprise party to be perfect.

She texted Kentrell, who had gone to pick Nia up from her graduation. They'd planned this party for weeks on weeks and it was finally all coming together. Everyone was here. Zion and his crazy baby mama, Jahlia; Zaniya, who was pregnant with Kentrell's son; Julie, who was now a 13 year old beautiful girl and lastly, Naire and Ebony.

Ebony was now a tall little girl, at the old age of 7 years old and her little sister, Nayeli, who was now 5 years old.

Nia's mom and dad were in the car with her and Kentrell, everyone had pretended that they were too busy to make it to the graduation but luckily, Mama J was on Facebook live the whole time so they could as they decorated the house and prepared for the party.

"Stop pushing yoself, baby." Naire pulled Sakina to the side, "Doctor said no stress." She continued before reaching her hand down to rub Sakina's very swollen belly.

Yes, she was pregnant. Again.

"I know but I really want this to be perfect for her." Sakina sighed, she did feel slightly overwhelmed but it wasn't anything she couldn't deal with.

"You got my first son in there, be careful." Naire said before kissing her cheek, then walking away.

"First son and last kid." Sakina mumbled to herself, pregnancy with Naire's kids was no joke. Nothing could compare to her morning sickness and just how heavy the kids were, meaning that her belly was extra, extra large.

It seemed like none of them picked up her petite frame, just Ebony was petite.

"Zion if you don't put that damn vape down and get yo ass up and moving, I swear to God." Sakina cussed as Zion, who was blowing out before shooting up and hurrying to the back to help grill the meat.

"THEY'RE PULLING UP!" Zaniya shouted and the everyone ran to their pre-decided hiding spots.

Sakina didn't want anyone running around not knowing where to hide, so she made everyone practise and pick the exact place to hide. Pregnant Sakina was the most tenacious and annoying version of Sakina, but they all just dealt with it.

Craddling Nayeli and clutching onto Ebony's hand, Sakina held her breath as she heard the doorknob turn and the door open. Then she proceeded to waited for Kentrell to make the signal that Nia was fully inside the house.

"Damn, it's hot in here." He said, a little too loud. Which made Nia look at him weirdly before everyone jumped out and shouted,

"SURPRISE!" As Nia jumped in surprise.

"Surprise, momma." Julie grinned as she ran over to Nia before hugging her tightly, Nia burst out in tears as she felt overwhelmed by the love.

Everyone surrounded her, pulling her into a hug and congratulating her for making it through 4 gruesome years of medical school. Although she still had to deal with a four-year residency program, this was still a huge achievement which everyone felt was worth celebrating.