041

Chapter Fourty-One:
It's you and me

Naire Carter New York City, New York

Naire Carter
New York City, New York

"I still can't believe it." Sakina sighed, she rubbed her flat stomach with a small smile.

They were driving to the airport after her doctor's appointment, he'd revealed that she was indeed pregnant. With twins even. Both parents were speechless when they'd heard the news but soon joy filled their hearts. Naire was particularly happy to hear that Sakina was pregnant with twins, she'd always wanted more kids.

"I don't have any twins on my side of the family." Sakina shrugged, "It must be from your side of the family."

Naire glanced at Sakina for a second before turning back to face the road with a soft smile, she used one hand to rub Sakina's stomach with a satisfied expression.

"Must be." She said softly, feeling the warmth of the sun begin to cause some sweat to form on her forehead but grey clouds began to form in the sky.

"I wonder if Ebony would understand if I told her she was gonna have some younger siblings on the way." Sakina held her t-shirt up as Naire left her hand on her stomach while she rested her head against the window, watching the scenery fly by.

"We'll see if she's the jealous type." Naire chuckled, making Sakina looked at her with a confused expression.

"Some kids get hella jealous when they have younger siblings because they gotta share the attention." Naire explained, looking at the mirror to see that Ebony was fast asleep in her car seat.

"Oh, you're right. Lenora wasn't the jealous type when I was born, she shared everything with me." Sakina mumbled to herself, thinking about her older sister.

"Why won't you just sit down and talk to your sister? She seemed remorseful." Her partner said which only made Sakina go quiet. "Aight, let's not talk about it then."

"Naire?" Sakina said after a period of silence.

"Hm?"

"Don't you think we're moving a bit too fast?"

"Nah, I'm below the speed limit, baby." Naire replied absentmindedly, while overtaking someone.

"No. I mean with our whole relationship. You don't feel scared?" Sakina asked her, it was clear that her voice was slightly shaky because of her nerves.

Naire sat there quietly, she didn't know how to reply to her lover, so instead she just took her time before replying. She simply stared at the road as she thought deeply and carefully about what to say.