002

Chapter Two:
Other side

Sakina Joelle DavidsonNew York City, New York

New York City, New York

"Imma put my heart on ice." Sakina mumbled as she pulled up into the drive way, waiting for the guards to open up the gates for her.

She rolled down her window, waved and quickly shut it because of the sharp New York winter, she felt little nips on her skin when she'd opened the window for one second. Sakina bobbed her head to 'Heart On Ice' by Rod Wave as she drove through the trees that surrounded her on both sides.

The Davidson's estate was massive, right on the outskirts and quite a bit of a drive. A thin line of trees went around with the road that led to the mansion, but after the trees, laid wide green plains where her father would often play golf on one side and her mother would garden on the other.

Absentmindedly, Sakina drove up to the fountain that laid at the centre of the driveway that was right at the door of the mansion. She wasn't fazed by the Greek statue that stood in the middle of the fountain, or the worker that waited to drive her car to the car park for her, it was all normal for her.

Sakina had been raised in the presence of immense wealth and powerful connections, this was who she was.

Groggily, she stepped out of her Mercedes, handing the keys to the worker before handing her stuff to another worker who was waiting to take her laptop and bag up to her room. She nodded to them with a small smile before beginning to walk up the white, spotless stairs.

The double doors opened for her before she walked in and immediately walked towards the fireplace, which was where her parents often stayed during the winter. She pulled off her Cashmere beige coat and held it in her hands before she pushed the door of the entrance and walked in.

"Sakina! I'm so glad you're here, baby sis." Lenora squealed before rushing over to hug her sister tightly, Sakina smiled as she hugged her sister back.

Lenora and Sakina were exactly 5 years apart in age. Lenora being 24 and Sakina being 19, however, they got along like a house on fire. Lenora and Sakina understood each other in a way no one else could, they were each other's shoulder to cry on and each other's biggest supporter.

Lenora had her father's tallness, which was 5'11, while he was 6'3. She had long legs and moved like a ballerina, she was the most graceful person that Sakina had ever met. Her skin was dark like her daddy's and her lips were thick like their mama's. Lenora was beautiful, which made sense since she modelled for their mother.

Which was why it was especially hard to see Lenora get married. She would eventually start her own family and be busy with that, which broke Sakina's heart but she was also incredibly happy for her older sister.