026

Chapter Twenty-Six:
Meeting Salvador

Sakina Joelle Davidson New York City, New York

New York City, New York

"No girl I can't meet you, damn." Sakina groaned, she had her phone on loud speaker as she plaited Ebony's hair.

Today was Wednesday morning and she didn't have any lectures today, it was mainly assignments that she had to complete at home. It was starting to get even warmer out, puffy, thick jackets weren't needed anymore. A light jacket was more than enough. Sakina sipped on some coffee she'd ordered from her favourite coffee shop as she grabbed the spray and put it all over Ebony's hair. She didn't care what was happening as long as she had her iPad.

"I'm with Ebony." Sakina explained to Nia, who simply said that it didn't matter.

Naire was currently out at a job interview, she'd been looking for one since she realised that she now had someone who could watch Ebony when she wasn't around. Although she had Kya before, Naire had never asked her for too much because she didn't want to burden her but with Sakina, she insisted on spending time with Ebony. It made it a lot easier to leave the pair together because both of them enjoyed spending time together. She was currently looking for just a part-time job because she'd been left over enough money in Alicia's will to cover her for years to come and more. Naire just wanted work experience.

"Girl bring that cute baby over, it's not like anybody gon' jump me at my own crib." Nia tried to persuade Sakina, who looked at the phone before thinking about it.

Lately, she'd been cooped up at home. All she did was spend time with Naire and Ebony, watch movies and cook together. She wanted to see her friend, which was why she agreed.

"Aight, we gonna get changed, we'll be there in an hour." Sakina said which made Nia squeal with excitement.

Finishing up Ebony's hair, Sakina decided to take a picture and send it to Naire and get her opinion.

my nai ❤️

what do you think?