024

Chapter Twenty-Four:
Show my Love

Naire Carter New York City, New York

Naire Carter
New York City, New York

"Naire, Kya just texted you and said she downstairs with Ebony." Sakina tried to wake Naire up, she simply groaned, making Sakina chuckle before getting up.

Sakina pulled on one of Naire's many t-shirts and some tracksuit bottoms before leaving the apartment. She was trying to do too much with her outfit since she was only going to grab Ebony, a part of her didn't want to interact with Kya at all but she could tell Naire was exhausted from their activities. After one round, they slept for a bit before waking up and going back for another round.

Sighing, Sakina rubbed her arms as the cool air nipped her skin while she squinted her eyes, looking for Kya's car. She saw the lightskin girl by her voluminous hair and walked towards her, no expression on her face. Tapping on the window, Sakina waited for Kya to roll down the window, she simply ignored her.

Sakina thought she couldn't hear her so she knocked again, this time, Kya looked at her then looked back at her phone. Realising that Kya was purposefully ignoring her, Sakina rolled her eyes and groaned, she could feel the anger build up inside of her at the disrespect. She didn't understand what she'd done so wrong to this girl.

"Can I take Ebony, please?" Sakina spoke up, making Kay roll her eyes. She finally rolled the window down slightly.

"You aren't her mother, go get Naire. Ion give my niece to strangers." Kya shot back before rolling down the window, "Stuck up ass hoe." She mumbled to herself, thinking Sakina hadn't heard her.

Looking through the window, Sakina could see Ebony who was reaching her hands out to her so she could carry her. She felt her heart break as she stared at the little girl, knowing she couldn't do anything. It took all her might for Sakina to turn around and walk back up the stairs in the apartment block and into Naire's apartment. She slammed the door behind her, which was enough for Naire to wake up.

Sakina stomped into the bedroom, a freshly awake Naire stared at her. She reached over for Sakina but she dodged her touch, making Naire cock her head at her.

"What's wrong witchu?" Naire asked, her voice was still a bit raspy as she sat up, wondering what the hell Sakina was angry up this early.

Sakina's brows were furrowed as she paced around the room, "I just don't get what I did to make her hate me so much." She spoke, making Naire even more confused on what she was talking about.

"Kya is downstairs with Ebony." Sakina folded her arms and looked at Naire, even though she wasn't angry at her, her eyes still burned with rage. Her gaze was laced with hostility, she hated being disrespected. How dare someone act like that?