035

Chapter Thirty-Five:
Awake

Naire Carter New York City, New York

Naire Carter
New York City, New York

"You ain't had to do that, I'm so grateful." Naire whispered to Sakina, they were at her apartment where Naire was getting a quick shower before going to work.

The doctors had decided to put Dave in a coma to allow his body to recuperate after years of drug abuse, he would eventually wake up and his journey through rehab would begin. Naire had finally agreed to leave the hospital after a week, she'd consistently been thanking Sakina for covering the hospital bills and allowing Dave to get access to the best possible doctors.

"Stop thanking me." Sakina said shyly, she'd already accepted it a week ago. She was sitting on the counter as she glanced over at the baby cam to see that Ebony was still fast asleep.

"You the best thing that ever happened to me, you know that right?" Naire asked her softly, her eyes glued to Sakina and they oozed warmth and love.

She stepped towards Sakina and stood between her two legs and wrapped her arms around her, sighing as she simply enjoyed the embrace. Nothing felt like home than relaxing with Sakina while knowing that Ebony was safe and comfortable too. As she took in Sakina's scent of cocoa butter, Naire shut her eyes and just savoured the moment.

"You the best thing that ever happened to me too, Nai. I love you so much." Sakina whispered, no hesitation in her tone or voice.

Naire pulled away and looked at her, searching for answers and just smiled when she realised that all Sakina was speaking was the truth. She was speaking from her heart. What she felt for Naire was truly love, not a false promise.

"I love you too, ma." Naire replied, before pressing their lips together and instinctively pulling Sakina closer to her by wrapping her arm around her then pushing her forwards.

"I miss you." Naire pulled away from the kiss and began planting wet kisses all over Sakina's neck, all the bruises had even disappeared.

Sakina chuckled, she knew exactly what her lover was saying and she felt the same way. Through all the things that had happened, they obviously didn't have the time or the mental capacity to even think about it by now they were free. Able to slowly go back to their own routine.

"You sure you got time?" Sakina asked, leaning her head away so Naire had better access.

"I always got time for you, baby." She replied before pulling away and carrying Sakina, then proceeding to walk towards the living room, only after Sakina grabbed the baby monitor.