017

Chapter Seventeen:
Family Time

Sakina Joelle DavidsonNew York City, New York

New York City, New York

"I'm going to see my family tomorrow night, the theme is beige." Sakina explained to Nia through FaceTime, they were currently talking at 9 in the morning.

Sakina's family had a dinner party planned and she knew she had to look good, she could not go without serving looks. A few celebrities would be there too because they were close friends with her parents so she couldn't go there looking tore up. Sighing, she sat down on the sofa and began eating while Nia counted up the money she'd made last night at the strip club.

Nia worked at the strip club in the bougie part of New York because that was where the most money was at. Neither of her parents knew, only her brothers Kentrell and Zion knew. They didn't particularly approve because the family had enough money coming in from the store and trapping but Nia had her own goals and she didn't want to leech off her family.

"You tryna come get your hair done with me today?" Sakina asked, begging Nia who smacked her lips.

"Girl you just did that hair last week." Nia repleid, "Fuck you doin' it again for?"

Sakina rolled her eyes, "My momma would kill me if I rocked up with pink hair at her party. I need to look presentable."

"I'm sorry girl, I was planning to sleep all day cuh I gotta night shift tonight at the club." Nia explained with a saddened expression, Sakina nodded.

"Girl it's okay, imma go by myself." Sakina smiled before they said their goodbyes and hung up.

She rushed to finish eating her breakfast before dashing into the shower. Sakina finished her shower, pulled on a co-ord and rushed out of the apartment. Her appointment was in 30 minutes and after that she had to find a the outfit in her closet but her mother would most likely give her one. That's what she always did.

Locking her apartment door, Sakina rushed towards the elevator and left to the hairstylist.

-XX-

Naire stepped out of the car and grabbed the groceries from the back seat, she kissed Ebony's cheeks as she watched videos from her phone before she ran over to the door. She placed the bags of groceries on the door, knocked on it before running over to the car.

Which was parked across the street. She had shades on and her hood up as she watched Dave look around before grabbing the groceries and walk inside. Naire knew better than to give a drug addict money, so she took care of her father in the only way she could think of. She couldn't just abandon Dave, he'd loved her when no one else did. Even though she could only love him from afar, she was going to love him until there was no one left to love.