Just Not Lovers

By Confusedsoul97

There's no bigg boss. They met normally and just proceeded with their story. More

Did Beer Made You Blunt?
Who Invited You? ;)
Boring And Fun
Date And Google
Invisible Feelings
108 VS 1
Author's Note
Momos And Attitude
Chinese Over Laddoo
Thank You
Perfect Happiness : Exists??
Sharing Is Caring ;)
Author's Note
Confusions And Reminders
It's All Messed Up, Once Again :)
Whiskey + WisheS
Time, Please Slow Down :(
Awkward?? Tea Is The Solution ;)
Alexa, It's A Secret.
Noteeee
Love, Do or Drink
Damaged But Hopeful
Unofficially Official = Nothing
Enough To Survive
Waves, Rocks And Serenity
Perks Of Being Vulnerable
Note
Damn, It's First Time.
Half Confession
Clumsy & Careful
Mine? Yours :) - Exclusive
Hopelessly In Love
Note
Rolls Royce & Sukoon
You Love Her, For Real.
Nawashein Karam Meharbaaniyaan
Can We Just Grow Old Together?
Quora : Whats's A Normal Day?
Conspiracy And Suffering
Noteeeee
Chaos : For Once And All?
Arriving At The Terminus
Chivalrous And Grateful ♥️
Blame The Hormones
Till The End....
Noteee
Just Not Lovers
Wrong Timing !!
Being Someone's Constant
You + Me = Us : Missing?
Treasuring The Forever
Deal Or Proposal ? Deal It's ;)
The Reckless & The Needy
Thank You ❤️
Countdown For A New Beginning.
Imperfect & Surreal
Netflix & Hypnotize ??
Injury Or Heartache...
Lovers To Strangers
Jealousy & Abstinence
Noteeeee
Unwanted Turmoils
Playlist And Poha...
All That Matters..
Mechanism Of Mismatch
Warm And Fuzzy..
A Week Of Agony
Hushed - Hangovers
Memories And Resentment..
Imperfectly Perfect...
Strategic Management... Cutee?!
Weirdly Special
Formalities & Facts : Sorted?
" The One "
"Back To Square One"
Thank You
Bickering Is Healthy..
Back And Forth...
Blissful & Cozy....

Wishful Thinking...

4.8K 454 23
By Confusedsoul97

Note : it's super boring but this is all I could come up with... So bear with it..

--------------------

Morning she got up around 9:30..he was still asleep. She freshened up and came back.. He was up.. He asked her to wait for him to go for breakfast...

When he was getting ready omi had called him..

K : Haan..??

Omi : where are you bhai?

K : um.. Kolkata..

He hesitated a bit before saying, he knew the reaction that was coming up..

Omi : bhai... I told you this week we will go for the meeting with that director..

He was set to sign one more web series but the director wanted to meet with him personally...

K : so?

Omi : he wants it today or tomorrow..

He kept it on speaker... She got curious..

K : today?

Omi : come back by evening...??

He looked at her as he was putting his shirt on... She walked upto him and mouther a no...

K : what about tomorrow?

Omi : lunch time..?? Why not today?

K : fine... I've to visit one of my friend...

She looked up in surprise...

Omi : why did you go there bhai?

K : teja was here... Just came to meet her..now that I'm here I need to meet..

Omi : I knew it..

T : can't you push that to day after tomorrow??

She wanted him with her...

Omi : hi toofan...

T : shut up.. Are you calling me that?? Look what he's saying...

He chuckled knowing where the conversation is going ..

Omi : you're in Mumbai, pune, pondi, Kolkata... And like a storm you take him with you...

He said in a mocking tone...

T : well... If you're not aware of it yet then it might be a news for you... but apparently he's mine..

She emphasised on the last part with a different accent... His face broke into an instant smile as he turned around raising an eye brow...

Omi : omg.... I had no idea..

He laughed at their banter...

K : enough guys.... let me know if it's fixed for tomorrow..

Omi : tomorrow is fixed..
No more delay..

He disconnected....

She leaned on his shoulder with a sad face in front of the mirror.. She was wearing a palazzo and a short kurta..

T : you would be visiting someone?

K : you're coming with me as well..

She looked up in curiosity..

K : it's my friend.. He's settled Sydney but he's here for 2 months..

T : engagement is around evening 6.. I need to be there..

K : we're going for lunch..

They got the cab from the hotel... She kept asking him questions in between..

T : he's your age...

K : obviously..

T : very good friends??

K : yess... When I came to Mumbai he was my first neighbor.. He works in data analytics.

T : If you're not here then you wouldn't have seen him??

K : one of my close friend he's..We had decided he would come to Mumbai but since I informed him I'm here...he's insisting...

T : is it a good idea... They don't know me..

K : don't worry... You're with me..

She smiled as he softly caressed her hair to assure her.. She liked the fact that he cared for the closed ones genuinely.. The sky was a bit cloudy thanks to the low pressure in bay of Bengal.. The moment you get out of the ac you start feeling hot due to the humidity...

While going by cab they saw the traffic, local vendors, big hoardings of some shows, rickshaws... The city had a vintage feel at certain places.. It was crowded but the functioning of daily life of people seemed way different from other metro cities..

They reached in front of a 2 storey building... It was in sealdah... The building was old but in a good shape in comparison to other buildings...

It had a front gate like usually you've.. A small lawn area, parking place.... They entered... he opened the grill and gestured her to get inside... They went to the front door and rang the bell.. A old man opened it... He adjusted his goggles and smiled as he saw them.. She assumed it's his friend's father...

He hugged the old man and greeted first by taking the blessings... Then he introduced her... Then took them to his wife who was equally excited...
His friend rushed from upstairs and hugged.... The hug itself reflected how happy they both were..

Amit : how long it has been.. 3 years??

K : 2 and half... I missed you..

His wife came from inside with a small kid in her arms.. She stood behind him.. He dragged her...

K : Tejasswi... This is Amit and Shweta..

T : hi.. I'm not sure if you know me.

A : ofcourse.. I do.. The sassy one..

She watched with confusion...

A : he describes you like that..

Shweta : hey come inside..

T : and who's this cute one..

She was more interested in the kid..

A : oh yes.. This is vivan.. My one and half year old boy...

K : hi buddy...

He took the kid from his mother and surprisingly the baby didn't complain...

T : heyyyy... Kidooo..

She latched onto his side so that she can interact with kid..

The baby giggled at the adoration and looked back to his mother...

T : I want to hold... Please..

By this time they had entered inside towards the dining area..

K : you're a kid yourself... How would you hold him...

They all laughed at the teasing... She gave him that mean look which meant this is not over..

T : vivan... Baby.. Look at here...

She successfully got the baby's attention.. Baby started moving towards her indicating he wanted her to hold him..

K : no..

The baby looked at him hesitantly as if telling "I'm sorry dude but I must not deny the cute lady"

She took the baby from him and gave him a smug look of her win.. They joked around, talked about stuff.. He sat down with his friend's parents to talk, I'm return he got complaints of how much they missed their own home... She roamed with Shweta holding the baby... They were in kitchen as the cook was preparing..

S : you've not met his family?

T : no.. I met his parents.. Others Only through face timing.. That too closed ones only..

S : ohh.. That's nice.. That means you both are looking to settle down..

T : yeah... Kind of..

S : why do you sound confused...

T : not like that... What do you think.. We should?

She asked with a chuckle... That's when he entered the kitchen and took the baby from her and started walking... She was reluctant so she shouted "give him back to me.. Please" ... So he came back and kissed her forehead...

K : I'll bring him back baby...

S : honestly I think you both should.. You both look equally invested... Just from observation... If you feel strongly for him then why not..

She nodded and kept quite..

T : What about your family.... You won't meet ??

S : next week we would be visiting them in bangalore.. When parents would be with my sister in law..

S : I can't tell you how nervous I'm for this family gathering... Some of the relatives are just..

T : I know... It's day after tomorrow right?

S : yeah.. Since we're here for once in a year we need to do it..

T : I'm scared.. When my own few relatives don't like me what can I expect.. I'm damn sure half of his relatives are going to dislike me..

She said honestly even though there was still time for that.. 

T : isn't it exhausting to be around people who you know aren't very fond of you..

S : But yeah usually he's very attached to these kind of family gatherings.. So I let him convince me....

The baby just kept watching her from the adjacent balcony where he sat with his friend and the parents... In between their eyes met and he smiled at her... Every now and then he walked around just to check on her... She didn't notice but others did..

She carefully observed the woman in front of her.. The woman had it all.. A nice husband, small kid, the freedom to built her career with her PhD, supportive in laws.... It felt good to see someone getting everything she deserved....

She imagined both of them dealing with things as a couple together... It made her feel nervous as well as excited...

She did feel conscious initially but gradually blended well with all of them.

She started walking through the house.. The first floor had 3 rooms.. A kitchen and dining area.. Upstairs they had a small library.

She sat there listening as he conversed regarding everyone... In between they asked about her and few times she answered...

They sat for lunch around 1:35.. The lunch had rice, Dal, chicken curry, fish fry, salad, aloo posto..

K : so many things were not required.. We're not guests..

Aunt : oh no.. This is basic things... She's meeting us for the first time....

T : I really love this posto... I never had it before...

Uncle : if your aunt gets someone like Tejasswi in home then everyday she would be experimenting with dishes..

A : I mean definitely... If someone like you is there my mom would definitely go for a 3 course meal every day.

By afternoon she left and reached hotel by 5:45. He stayed back citing that he was meeting them after a long time.. She didn't press it because he was here just for her, hardly he knew anyone...

She took her time getting ready for the ring exchange..

The ring exchange ceremony was a sweet affair... The couple had only their closed family members and friends... They had struggled for 3 years to convince their families due to their difference in religions and the happiness was ineffable..

She sat down with the bride and the other girls along with her friend..

T : does it feel like a dream?? I mean you said there was this point when it looked like it won't be possible..

Tanya : it does...the first time he met my parents my dad straight away said it's not possible... He just got up and walked out...

T : shit... You thought he was done..

Tanya : I did.. But he came out and he was like "can we just elope?" i still remember..

"after watching you both I think a long term relationship is more sustainable.." someone said from the girls..

Tanya : going by my case i would say yes.. So much memories to hold onto.. you crave for that person...

She heard it and smiled thinking how it must have felt and at the end they were able to put things through..

Even watching two people who were happy with each other was kind of a positive thing but it made her feel super envious..morning she had encountered a happy family and now a engagement.. She wasn't sure if her future would allow her this opportunity...

Everything was going alright but she still knew it wouldn't take a second the things that are clear would become vague..

Logical side reminded her "forever is a myth", to always focus more on herself, to be careful of attachments where as the emotional side wanted her to believe in "forever" just like the couples in front of her, let her guard down and just go with the flow...

She was torn between the logical side and the emotional side...

He had spent the whole day with his friend.. It was something he really wanted...

He went back, changed..... He called her and she asked him to come to the pool side because they all were just going to chill...

He walked there... She wasn't there but Tanya recognised him and asked him to join.. He took a can of beer and sipped.. There was another girl standing nearby who started chatting with him.. Apparently she worked with the groom previously but later moved to dubai after getting into a new department..

She walked back after having two sips from the special bottle they got... She saw him chatting with someone... She recognised the person, she had already met.... She tapped his shoulder.. He looked back..

K : where were you..

T : inside..

The other girl watched curiously as he pulled her for a side hug..

K : oh.. This is teja..

"you guys know each other ...?" she asked..

K : I told you I came for someone and not for attending the marriage.. Well..

He didn't need to say anything more.. The girl excused herself with a smile..

She stayed there as he had his arms wrapped.. He knew she went for a smoke..

They were playing this game when the would be married couple had to share some good things and bad things... They cheered for them...

She walked upto the counter to take one of the cocktails... He walked behind her..
He was in his usual loose shirt and pants.. She wore a jeans short and a crop top.. It was an informal gathering anyway..

He walked behind her..

T : They look so so happy to be here after struggling for this long..

She said still looking at the couple... He noticed her wary but didn't think too much..

K : I heard...

T : from where?

K : that girl was there.. She told..

T : their parents were too difficult but then all of that makes it more special..

K : glad we don't have anything of that sort..

T : do you think we'll have anything like this.. Our parents didn't oppose and We have it easy....

He dragged her a bit and made her stand in front of him... They stood leaning onto the counter..

K : not everyone can be same...

She saw him for few seconds.. She had few drinks and that had started working...

T : yesterday when you said you're going to try for us... Until it's worth it..

K : so?

T : how do you define the worth it..??

She was confused and she was supposed to ask yesterday itself..

K : until I see the effort is there.. I feel You want this to work out..

He had the answer..

T : what if it's you.. Who won't want to put efforts...

K : you're sure you won't be the one?

He said moving closer.. She nodded..

K : how?

T : I have told you before.. Noone treated me the way you do.. So I don't have anything to compare... That's not the same for you..

She was struggling to put the words... The hesitation was there... She kept looking around avoiding his gaze.... He observed her carefully....

He leaned more close to her and moved her jaw to face him..

K : look at me... What answer are you expecting...

She was clueless.... Her helpless expression softened him.... He held her by her arms and pulled her close...

K : what's it..

She looked at him with a expression that just made her look sad..

T : all these happy, forever kind of things doesn't work out for everyone... I was just thinking....

He pulled her more harshly, he was impatience.....

K : what are you thinking...

She took few deep breaths so she wouldn't just burst into tears or anything..

T : how do we measure the depth... How do we know we would be able to keep it up..

She didn't tear away her gaze... He studied her for a bit trying to analyse. And the first thing he did, just pulled her for a hug... She leaned close on his chest but didn't wrap her arms around him..

After a few seconds he pulled away to again have a look at her... He knew he needed to assure her... So he cupped her face below her ear...

K : remember, you asked me to make a wish on my birthday... You said to share it once I get it..

She nodded.... She felt heavy for some reason.. A little alcohol made her feel even more sad... To have something special just like people experienced felt like a dream... There was no way to measure the depth of what she shared with him...

K : I asked for you...

T : what...

Fresh tears blurred her vision.. He didn't repeat it letting his words to sink in..

T : if you're joking it's not the right time..

K : you told me to be specific so I made sure to ask for "Tejasswi Prakash wayngankar"

She gulped trying to stop herself from being emotional...

T : back then.??

He nodded...

K : I was thinking of saying this on your birthday but... Here we are....

T : you shouldn't have said...

She said as she leaned on his chest looking upto him... He wrapped his arms around her... She felt overwhelmed with the revealing....

He had known he wanted her even when they hadn't started, when she was completely clueless...

The people, the whispers, laughters all had just vanished... The only thing remained was them.. He caressed her face as she kept looking with her tear filled eyes and wrapped her hands around his waist...

He leaned on the counter.....

K : why...

T : then the wish won't be fulfilled..

K : I already got you... The wish is already granted... Isn't it...

His calm voice made her feel even more vulnerable. She couldn't even bring herself to answer... He pulled her to his chest and caressed her back... He kept his chin above her head..

He empathazied with her... He was like a open book but she wasn't.. She didn't wear her emotions on her sleeves... It was rare that she would let anyone see what's going through her... Even though she never said it he understood... Her past her struggle had taught her how to present herself as strong....

He appreciated when she showed these emotions, these fears, these confusions.... He wanted to hold her for as long as he could so that she can realise that he's here to stay....for her...

K : do you feel better...

T : I probably need some time...

She didn't leave him... Her face still stayed close to his chest... His hands wrapped around her....

K : take all the time you want...

Her friend walked by asking him if she's okay... She didn't even attempt to move... He smiled as he hugged her more tightly...

K : nothing.. I told her I need to leave tomorrow for some work and she's just mad...

He managed for both of them...

He actually had flight in the morning...

Once they started walking back to the room he dragged her from behind and lifted her from the ground... She liked that and he knew it... He held her and unlocked the room... He sat on the bed still holding her as she wrapped her legs around him...

He watched as she silently lay there in his arms and played with his rings...

she moved more close to him and whispered..

"do you think we met for a reason" she said..

"ofcourse we did.."

"do you think it would be something positive "

" It's like someone just pushed both of us to notice each other.. It has to mean something"

He believed that even she did to some extent... For so long either of them noticed each other but once they did, it was all about them..
"I want everything with you....all of these.."

she said as she looked into his eyes... He knew what she meant by all of these...

" then you're going to have it.. But " he whispered...

She anticipated....

"i want both of us to be more expressive... I want to feel both of us trying to make things work.." he said...

She didn't reply....

"is that possible?" he asked as if he needed that answer...

"yes...what else do you want??" she nuzzled his neck while asking...

"the day I go down on my knees..." he spoke and she halted trying to get a clarity...

"I need an yes.." he said firmly....

Her back touched his chest... His right hand was wrapped through her waist... He left hand traced his jaw as she nuzzled his neck by moving her head...

Her voice got stuck cause she wasn't able to say....

"I hope you would get an yes..." she spoke softly....

Neither of them had the strength to let go of what they had... Letting go meant starting it all over and that seemed like a punishment.....

On the other hand For some reason being together felt like a wishful thinking.... They both sensed it..it was nothing but a human tendency to feel uncertain when things are too smooth..

He kissed her forehead and she closed her eyes savouring it...

The morning he would left for Mumbai and the next day she would...

With every new day Life would unfold new chapters that they're yet to get a clue of...

-----------------------

Note :  Let's just say they move on with their lives but we would stay here for the time being...

This is not the end but I'm yet to figure out how it should be...

Thanks for being here... ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 1.6K 11
People mostly dream of a fairy tale love story. But what happens when a vampire and a human being fell in love? Will their relationship survive? Witn...
309K 23.7K 82
This is love story of two people who meet and fall in love there journey start from there to there marriage and then the couple have to get separated...
605K 49.8K 94
BOOK TWO IN THE DESTINY SERIES (Completed) A Story where destiny is the one who make them come together and get married
40.2K 1.8K 18
Disclaimer :- All characters are imaginary. This story is purely work on fanfiction. This story is completely imaginary any incidents are not related...