𝑭𝑰𝑡𝑫 𝒀𝑢𝑼𝑹 𝑳𝑢𝑽𝑬

By kloudedxbarbie

"I found yo love when I really needed it." "So did I." #1 in URBAN-07/05/2022 #1 in WLW-25/05/2022 More

Copyright
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
043
044
045
046
047
Epilogue
Epilogue 2

042

7.9K 422 183
By kloudedxbarbie

Chapter Forty-Two:
Emergency

Sakina Joelle Davidson
New York City, New York

Sakina gently rubbed Ebony's back, she'd fallen fast asleep and was currently being carried by Sakina. She was sitting down on one of the chairs in the airport while she watched as Naire paced around on the phone, although she didn't know what it was about, it was clear as day that Naire was incredibly stressed. Feeling slightly agitated, she pulled a chocolate bar out of her handbag, she'd been advised by her doctor to moderately eat dark chocolate.

Naire hung up the phone and walked over, sitting beside her and also having a piece of the chocolate. She looked at Sakina was sympathetic eyes and just then, she knew this was serious.

"I'm sorry, baby. The hospital just told me that Dave woke up and he won't go to rehab until he's talked to me." Naire explained softly, she felt bad that she had to do this but she also desperately wanted to see her father.

"Don't apologise. You've been on edge because you've been waiting for him to wake up." Sakina said as she ate another line of the chocolate, "Go make sure that he's okay and he has a smooth transition from hospital to rehab."

Naire nodded, "I can't thank Curtis enough for paying for the rehab facility."

Sakina's family had done so much for Naire, despite knowing her for only a short period of time. At times it filled her heart with gratefulness, others, she felt unable to provide. She wanted to take care of Sakina too but she knew that financially, she wasn't there yet. So she just accepted the help offered to her.

"Don't mention it, daddy lost a lot of friends to addiction. He prolly don't want the same happening to you." Sakina explained, shifting Ebony slightly because she was a bit heavy as she drooled on her shoulder.

"You and Ebony can go ahead, I'll join you two soon. I promise." Naire said as she glanced at a phone, probably a message from Troy.

"Keep me updated." Sakina leaned forwards to receive a peck on her cheek before watching Naire walk away, clearly rushing.

Sakina sighed and glanced at Sergio, who was standing slightly far away from them. Since Salvador was dead, there was no need for Sergio to trail Nia, so he was back to watching Sakina once again. She smiled at him slightly before standing up and walking straight to the first class queue, she'd meet Naire in Greece after a couple days.

-XX-

Naire was relived to hear that Dave had fully recovered but was also anxious to leave Sakina. Ever since they'd found out that she was pregnant, Naire felt her protectiveness increase to heights that she'd never reached before. She wanted to be there all the time, making sure that everything went in Sakina's way.

She pressed on the accelerator and thoughts ran through her head as she wondered what Dave could possibly say to her.

After a two hour drive because of the traffic, Naire finally reached the hospital and ran inside, Troy and Kya were outside his room. They both hugged Naire before updating her on what the doctors had said.

"Dave is looking like himself, that induced coma did him some good." Troy said with a small smile, he loved Dave like he was family.

"Where Ebony at?" Kya asked as she looked around, she didn't know why her niece wasn't with her mother.

"I don't need them questions right now, Kya." Naire hushed her, "If you gon' bring drama, go home." She said before walking towards the door.

Naire hesitated slightly; a part of her scared that she'd see the Dave that she'd met on that cold day in the orphanage. The Dave that she'd accepted as her father and parent, the Dave that had disappeared. She knocked and heard his voice, then slid the door open then shutting it behind her.

Lo and behold stood Dave Carter, his body had filled out again and he had some meat in him. His complexion was no longer a sickly yellow colour and his eyes were bright, like they used to be. He was sitting on his bed, his blue eyes widened as he stared at his only daughter, shocked to see her growth.

"Hey, Nai." Dave said softly, opening his arms open and watched as Naire meekly walked towards him and embraced him.

Tears stained his hospital gown as Naire cried, she'd nearly lost her only parent and she didn't know what else could happen in the future. Her arms clung tightly to Dave as they hugged and they hugged for some time. They hugged, they hugged more—then they hugged even more.

"I missed you." Naire revealed, her voice was hoarse from the crying but she didn't want to hold in any feelings.

"I missed you so much, please don't take drugs again. Please just stay clean." She begged, pulling away and wiping her tears. It was clear that Dave had been crying too, his face and eyes were red.

"I want to get better, Naire. I'm sorry I left you all alone." Dave sighed, wiping his own tears. "Where's...uhm...where's?" He struggled.

Naire simply just sighed sadly, Dave didn't even remember his own grandchild's name. He had been high for most of Ebony's life, not to forget that Naire also kept her as far as possible from him because he was unstable.

"Ebony. Her name's Ebony." Naire said softly, filling the silence.

"What a pretty name." Dave said honestly, sniffling in shame.

"I'm giving you one more chance. A clean slate." Naire spoke up, making his eyes glue on to her, "If you fuck up, I'm done." She admitted as tears welled up in her eyes.

"I understand."

-XX-

Dave was set to leave for rehab the next day after the doctors had ran their final tests just to be safe. Naire was sat in the hospital cafeteria with Kya and Troy as she calmed down, allowing the whole encounter just replay in her mind. Dave had never seemed so like himself before, it made her feel hopeful for the future.

He'd tried to get clean before but it had never worked, this was her last straw.

"Does Dave know about Sakina and her pregnancy?" Kya asked as she ate some yoghurt, earning a frown from Troy. He was clearly becoming very tired of her bullshit.

"Nah, I didn't feel the need to tell him. He doesn't need information overload when he's about to go do one of the hardest things." Naire shrugged, she ate the salad absentmindedly as she thought that Sakina and Ebony were on the plane right now.

"Can't wait to see his reaction when he finds out you've gotten yet another girl pregnant." Kya chuckled to herself, making Naire roll her eyes.

"She's not 'another girl' and you're obsessed with Sakina. Damn, if you want her just say that. Shit." Naire stood up, "Troy, don't bring her around me no more."

She walked out of the cafeteria and as she walked towards the waiting section of
Dave's room, her phone began to ring. Looking at the contact, it was Sakina but she was meant to be on the flight by now.

"Hello?" Naire asked carefully.

"This is Sergio. Sakina's bleeding a lot and she'd passed out." He shouted over the phone, it was clear that there was a lot of noise from the ambulance to people shouting.

Naire felt her heart sink to the floor, she froze on the spot, clutching her phone tightly.

"Do they know why she's bleeding?"

After a few minutes of rustling and arguing, Sergio finally managed to reply,

"They think she's having a miscarriage."

-XX-
We only got 3 chapters until the end<3
(Don't worry, there'll be epilogues too.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 119K 61
πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ πš‚π™°π™»πš…π™°π™Άπ™΄, πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴
2.9K 227 12
Do you deserve me? No way But can I let you go to anybody?Never in a million But my love just reached the ceiling What's news to you, it ain't news...
184K 9.4K 95
π‘«π’†π’‡π’Šπ’π’Šπ’•π’Šπ’π’: (𝒏.) π‘»π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’” 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’Žπ’†π’π’•π’Šπ’π’π’†π’… 𝒐𝒓 π’Žπ’‚π’…π’† π’‘π’–π’ƒπ’π’Šπ’„ --π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’” 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒖𝒏𝒔�...
10.6K 1K 14
Everyone deserves love...right? October's Face Claim: Your Personal Presence