Headmaster's icy child (Twist...

De erc2109

Who would have thought the Headmaster of Night Raven College has a daughter, who gets to go to his school. B... Mai multe

1) The awakening (0-1/0-6)
2) Living situation (0-7/0-13)
3) Troubles (0-14/0-20)
4) Collar (1-1/1-5)
5) Dormitories and chestnuts (1-6/1-12)
6) Senpai's (1-13/1-17)
7) Unpredicted story (1-18/1-23)
8) Riddle the Rules (1-24/1-28 + Extra)
9) A sudden surprise
10) September start (2-1/2-5)
11) Meeting and ancidents(2-6/2-11)
12) Savanaclaw dormitory(2-12/2-16)
13) Culprit (2-17/2-21)
14) Leona the King (2-22/2-27)
15) Magical Shift Tournament(2-28/2-31)
Tsumsted Tsum Tsum
Halloween (1)
Halloween (2)
Halloween (3)
Halloween (4)
Halloween (5)
16) Magic broom lesson
17) Winter exam (3-1/3-5)
18) Spying (3-6/3-9)
19) The contract (3-10/3-12)
20) Strategy (3-13/3-18)
21) Second attempt (3-19/3-22)
22) Plan C (3-23/3-28)
23) Azul the Witch (3-29/3-34)
24) Museum trip (3-35/3-39)
25) Holliday (4-1/4-4)
26) A surprising encounter (4-5/4-10)
27) Paradise to Nightmare (4-11/4-16)
28) Prison escape (4-17/4-20)
29) Octa backup(4-21/4-25)
30) Let's start the plan (4-26/4-29)
31) Jamil the Sorcerer(4-30/4-34)
32) A master and servant (4-35/4-38)
33) Happy holiday (4-39/4-40+Ekstra)
34) Ice skating
35) Happy Birthday
36) Winter holiday ends (4-41/5-3)
Happy Beans Day
Fairy Gala
37) Singing voice (5-4/5-9)
38) Application (5-10/5-14)
39) The audition (5-15/5-19)
40) VDC camp (5-20/5-23)
41) Training (5-24/5-28)
42) Fairest of all (5-29/5-33)
43) Outburst (5-34/5-37)
44) Do-Re-Mi (5-38/5-45)
45) Free time
46) Last adjustments (5-46/5-50)
47) Festival preparation (5-51/5-54)
48) Royal Sword Academy (5-55/5-59)
49) Jealousy (5-60/5-62)
50) Vil the Queen (5-63/5-66)
51) Vocal & Dance Championship (5-67/5-71)
52) A surprising ending (5-72/5-75)
53) Grave absence (6-1/6-6)
54) Intruders (6-7/6-16)
55) What now? (6-17/6-26)
56) The Land of Grief (6-27/6-41)
58) To the Underworld (6-59/6-66)
59) Night Raven Quest (6-66/6-67)
60) Idia the Underworld King (6-68/6-79)
61) Home sweet home (6-80/6-89)
Stage on Playful Land 1
Stage on Playful Land 2
Glorious Masquerade 1
Glorious Masquerade 2
62) Father Daughter Time
63) A troubled concern (7-1/7-19)

57) Blackout (6-42/6-58)

548 16 1
De erc2109

3rd POV

When Ortho left Rook, Epel and Lumi to wait for the tests to be finished, pressured Rook Lumi to take a nap to gather some energy, after her nightmare. Lumi denied it for a moment, until Epel came into discussion and help convincing her to sleep. So now she is taking a rest on the white lined up soft seats by the wall, to get some Z's. But it doesn't goes as planned.

''Where am I?'' Mumble Lumi as she feel a strong cold breeze grace her body. When she blinked the darkness away, can she now see a scene, that strike fears into her heart. Lumi stands on the garden of her house, over looking the frozen wasteland of Sage Island. Everything is turned into a frozen winterland. Ice covering the trees and sea, snow covering the homes of the town. And the two schools on the islands are two giant ice palaces. ''Did I... Did I do this?''

''Lumi.'' Call out someone from behind her, making her flinch, but stay frozen on the spot. Snow starts to fall down and sway around her, like a small tornado. ''Lumi, why did you do this? You have to clear the ice. Only you can do it.''

''I... I can't.'' Mumble Lumi as tears of fear and sadness runs down her cheeks.

''You have to. Please Lumi.'' Beg the familiar voice, that Lumi can't think of who it is. The snow around her blows around her so hard, that it blocks Lumi's view of the frozen wasteland. Her fear, her worst fear is in front of her, and the sight of small frozen people are hunting her, making her uneasy. ''LUMI.''

''I CAN'T.'' Yell Lumi and collect the snow onto her, to then burst them out from all angle of her body. The scene turns black, and Lumi takes deep breaths to calm herself down. She don't wanna make the frozen wasteland worst. 

''Lu... mi.'' Mumble a voice behind Lumi, making her turn around in an instant, only to scream at the sight. Riddle kneels behind her, clutching his heart in pain, as his crimson red hair slowly starts to fade into a striking white color.

''Riddle... No... I didn't meant to... Please forgive me...'' Beg Lumi and fall to her kneel, tears streaming down like a waterfall. Riddle gasp for air and reach out his right hand for Lumi, who reach out to him, only to see his body freeze him into pure ice in an instant. Lumi gaped at the sight, lost of words... Did she just... No... NO...

''LUMI.'' A yell shakes the dream world and bring Lumi back to the real world. Lumi gasped for air, as if she stopped breathing for a while. ''Are you alright, Lumi?''

''Wha...'' Gasped Lumi and see Epel, kneeling on the ground beside her 'bed', looking extremely worried for her.

''You were squirming and crying. And you wouldn't wake up when we tried to.'' Explain Epel and take Lumi's hands, to ground her and know this is the real world.

''I believe it is stress, that is causing this.'' Confirmed Rook and walk over with a cup of tea, again. Epel help Lumi sit better on the couch, to lean back and relax. ''You said yourself, that during the school year, have you been dealing with five overblots, plus dealing with a strong magic within you... And now the attack on the school, your friends being taken away and us adventuring out of our comfort zone, all of this is giving you a massive amount of stress, which might be causing you to have nightmares and insomnia.''

''I... I...'' Try Lumi to speak, but she is still effected by the nightmare.

''No need to speak, Lumi. Just, calm down and relax.'' Says Rook and pause her, thinking only of her well being.

''First...'' Mumble Lumi and finally catch her breath. ''First I see the Ice Queen... Then... Then I see...''

''Take your time, Lumi. We don't need to know right away.'' Says Rook calmly and gently push the cup up to her mouth, to drink the calming tea.

''No... I need to let it out...'' Whisper Lumi and look at the cup of tea, only to see how shaky her hands are. ''I saw the entire Sage Island... com-completely covered... Covered...  i-i-in ice. Becoming an ice wasteland... An-And I did it.''

''Well, good thing it was just a dream.'' Tries Epel to maybe calm her down.

''NO. Somehow my dreams, visions, comes true in some way.'' Exclaim Lumi with sudden adrenaline, surprising the two boys. 

''Calm down Lumi.'' Says Epel as calm as he can be, after her outburst. Lumi's shakening hands worsen, so Epel has to take the tea cup away from her.

''Lumi, look at me.'' Comes ind Rook and get her attention, to look straight into his eyes. ''Follow my breathing. Breath in... And out... In... And out...''

''Okay... Okay...'' Whisper Lumi and calm down.

''Now, tell it. Get it all out.'' Says Rook with a small smile. Memories flashes before Lumi's eyes, scaring her a lot, but she takes a deep breath to let it all out at once.

''When I saw the frozen Sage Island... Spoke someone to me... I didn't look, cause it was my worst nightmare coming to life, so snow surrounded me... I then burst out, letting it all out and hit someone...'' Explain Lumi and feel tears coming once again in her eyes. She then gulp down the clocked throat to find the courage. ''I hit... I hit Riddle *Sniff*... He was clutching his heart in pain... His hair turned white and then... H-He turned to ice right in front of me *Sniff*. He became an ice statue and I couldn't do anything.''

''Riddle-kun.'' Mumble Rook to himself and is taken back by that. But he shake it off as a weak frighten girl is need of help, so he wrap his arms around her, to comfort him the best he can. Lumi sniffed and lean into the hug, really happy for it.

*Beep* *Beep*

Lumi flinched at the loud sound and red flashing lights, and cling to Rook in fear.

''What is that? Are we under attack? Did I do something in my sleep?'' Ask Lumi real fast and get shaky again.

''The test of 1600, subject ROS-859A and SUS-3320B has been completed. The cage of the phantom is frozen and the containment is completed. Unlocking all the doors inside the building.'' Says someone on the loud speaker, who scared the living crap out of Lumi.

''Don't worry, Lumi. There was a test announcement while you were sleeping.'' Inform Epel and keep his distance. ''Nothing is going to happen, so what about we watch a movie? Maybe one of your favorites. Or play a fun game together, like CubeCrafting. That one is a simple game were you craft stuff with different type of cubes and survives while exploring.''

''Yeah... I-I-I wanna try that.'' Mumble Lumi out loud and look at Epel. Lumi then takes a deep breath and get out Rook's hug. ''Can I get an energy drink or something?''

*Time skip*

(15:38 on the video)

Lumi POV

I have finally calmed down after that really scary nightmare and is now playing this calm, but exciting game, CubeCrafting. When I get back home, do I need to download this game.

''Hey, Rook Hunt-san, Epel Felmier-san, Lumi Crowley-san.'' Greet Ortho as a hologram from the middle of the table. This version is really smaller than his real body. ''Is there any inconvenience?''

''Ah, Ortho-kun, I truly appreciate your thoughts. Thanks to you, we are able to spend our time comfortable here.'' Thanked Rook of Ortho's generosity.

''The examination of Vil-san, Grim-san and the others are completed. No big anomalies were found, it was a good progress.'' Inform Ortho with some really good news. ''Lumi-san's theory of using a relic, such as a ghost camera, could be the reason for such remarkable recovery. Right now, are they resting in their own room now, to recover from the exhaustion of the test. Especially Grim-san, because he had many examination... He is sleeping soundly with his arms and legs stretch out, while facing the ceiling. It seems like you guys can only meet, when we leave this island tomorrow morning.''

''Oh... I wanted to see Vil as soon as possible, but I can't rush if he is tired.'' Sigh Rook in defeat, but understand the situation.

''I am glad Grim is alright.'' I mumble in relief.

''That is right. The skincare products you brought... We have given them to Vil-san.'' Inform Ortho to Rook, who find it delightful.

''Really? Merci. I am thankful for our friendship and your kindness.'' Thanked Rook.

''No 'we' are the one that should be thankful.'' Says Ortho in a weird tone. ''After you guys came to the Land of Grief, I think I finally understand the meaning of my existence. I will do my best, so I can say 'I have done everything I could' one day. I won't keep zero as it is.''

''Monsieur doll... I pray that the future you grab is a bright future.'' Says Rook with a smile.

''Thank you. Well then... Goodbye...'' Says Ortho and disconnect the hologram.

''... Don't you think that Ortho-kun seems different than before?'' Ask Epel a bit curious, only to noticed me and Rook noticed the same thing.

(Skip to 12:09)

3rd POV

Idia is sitting in his own room of the S.T.Y.X building, taking a breather after his gamer friend cancel their game time, until someone calls for him through his tablet.

''Hai, this is Idia Shroud.'' Answer Idia a bit robotic.

''Deputy head, this is a report on the Lethe River applied to case No.LOD-62. Charging is 100% completed.'' Inform a worker of S.T.Y.X. ''Every setup of the information security team has been completed. Charon's 'Hexa Team' has arrived at the sea area of Sage Island.''

''2200, it is the time I expected. Great job.'' Praised Idia of the perfect timing. ''Then let's start the 'flood' at 12 just like we planned...'' Before Idia could finish, turn off all light of the room and turn off the tablet. ''What happened? The lights just went out? Control room, answer me. Control room? I can't connect to them.'' Idia put down the tablet and brought out his phone, but it is also off. ''The phone... is not working either... The door won't open either. It hasn't switched to the emergency power supply..? I need to check the situation first.'' Idia feel around the frame of the door and find a hidden bottom, which opens a lever Idia needs to turn around... But he is quite weak. ''Gah. If it is supposed to be used in an emergency, then the lock shouldn't be so tight. I demand an improvement.'' Idia manage to open the door and squeeze his way out to the dark hallways. Only a few lights is slightly lighting up the hallway, but it isn't much. Idia sighed in relief of getting out and ran to the main office to get a status report. ''Ortho. Check the emergency power supply in the main office... Ortho? No, he doesn't respond. The directional mic inside the building is not working. What is happening...''

*Beep* *Beep*

The alarm sound with red flashing light, as red holographic walls lights up to block a few hallways.

''Blot warning. Blot warning.'' Sound the alarm through the speakers. ''Detected the rising of blot density in the hall. Please get ready for your emergency deployment immediately.''

''The alarm went off... Which means the emergency power supply has been restored.'' Sighed Idia a bit relief and slow down a bit. He then use his magic to bring forth some holograms, to have a look at the system. ''Rising blot density... Is there any problem with Tartaros or Underworld? Cerberus, set the highest security level on all areas of this island. Change the power armor of Charon to auto pilot mode for emergency deployment. Move all Chariot to the departure aircraft.'' But nothing response to his command. It all come up empty. ''Cerberus? Cerberus, answer me... The power should be restored, but Cerberus system won't respond to my voice... Ortho. Answer me, Ortho... Damn it. What is happening right now?''

Idia walk into the control room of S.T.Y.X and see everyone is working with all their might, to get everything under control. But something keeps them from reaching the system.

''Cerberus system is in complete silence. It doesn't accept any external commands.'' Inform a worker from a computer, working hard to get pass the firewall.

''The freezing level of Tartaros is decreasing.'' Inform another worker, showing the temperature level slowly decrease. ''The cage of the first, second and third tower are starting to melt in the first layer. Each subject is regaining consciousness.''

''The emergency request to the outside world and the emergency call to the director has no response.'' Inform a female worker, working on the communication to the outside world. ''We have lost contact with Charon Hexa Team, that is heading to Sage Island. All communication with the outside is blocked.''

''Invisible shield, emergency release code has been denied.'' Inform a third male worker, adding just more bad news.

''This... This is... What the hell is going on?'' Yell Idia worried that everything is going wrong, and they can't find out why.

''Deputy head. All functions of Cerberus system have been stopped.'' Inform the first worker, when Idia made himself known to the workers.

''Impossible.'' Gasp Idia and activate the computer screen on the main table in the middle, to see all data the workers are doing. ''You need to have the biometric authentication of Shroud family to change the setting of Cerberus system. I am the only one on this island who has the authority to do that right now... But why? A-Anyway, I will figure out the cause later. I have to wake Cerberus up, now. If I can't start it with biometric authentication, then I will type in the restart code.''

''Nii-san.'' Whisper a chilling voice to Idia's ear. Idia look up at a full size hologram of Ortho.

''Ortho. I am so glad, I can finally contact you.'' Sighed Idia in relief that his younger brother is alright. ''Cerberus system has been stopped, so help me restore it.''

''Sorry, nii-san. I can't do that.'' Denied Ortho, making Idia's eyes widen. ''I have been thinking a lot. What can I do to prevent zero from staying the same? And what does it mean to 'Done everything that I could'...''

''Ortho? What are you talking about? This is not the time for that right now.'' Says Idia really confused what is wrong with his brother. Ortho's tone has changed from sweet boy, to a cold emotionless one.

''I was finally able to find the best solution. If it is not possible to change the future, I should just erase everything and start again from the beginning.'' Says Ortho, speaking up his mind and plan. ''It is the same with programming, right? Rather than fixing a program that is full of bugs through various engineers... It is easier to reset it to the beginning. In other words... I just have to reset this world that is full of bugs, so you can have a new life.''

''Ortho, what are you talking about?'' Ask Idia, now really scared. ''There must be bugs in your AI computing device at that time. I should have given you maintenance right away.''

''It is not a bug, nii-san. This is my will.'' Answer Ortho with a chilling voice, sending chill through Idia's spine.

''It is not. You are... You are an autonomous AI magic humanoid, that is modeled after my younger brother.'' Denied Idia and look firmly at Ortho. ''The thought that you have is not your will, it is being created through your program...''

''You are right. I am indeed and artificial... But, don't you know? I was made by you, the one that was called as a 'eccentric genius' of magical engineering. That is why I will go beyond the boundaries of robots... I will go beyond the program.'' Says Ortho delighted by his new evolution. The the alarm sounds again, making Idia look away from Ortho, to look at the data.

''The main server of S.T.Y.X has been hacked by someone.'' Yell the first worker, showing a skull logo. ''Tracing succeeds. This is... The AI program of humanoid ORTHO?''

''The eroded area is expanding. Barrier Aegis is not working.'' Inform the second worker from the data of his computer. ''All systems of S.T.Y.X are switched to the control of ORTHO AI.''

''NO WAY. I didn't give Ortho the authority to do so... I will stop it.'' Denied Idia of the facts and access Ortho's programming system from his own magical hologram.

*Denied*

''ORTHO denied the emergency stop code. It keeps eroding the system.'' Inform the female worker worried.

''Lachesis, Clotho, Atropos, all servers are eroded.'' Inform the second worker worried too.

''Every access code of the system are being changed...'' Inform a fifth worker. Idia sigh as his attempts are being overwrite super fast. Faster than he can keep up.

''Ugh, I can't keep up with the speed of Ortho rewriting the program with just my hands. If this is the case, then I have to use the last choice...'' Mumble Idia to himself and stand up straight to look at his workers. ''Turn off all the power, including emergency power.''

''I can't. The power won't turn off.'' Chirped the third male worker.

''No way... I-If this continues...'' Mumble Idia worried and look at all the warning signs. ''The whole Land of Grief will be hacked.'' On que, turn off all the screens in the room, stopping all changes of accessing anything.

''Fufufu. How? Are you surprised? It is my victory in RTS.'' Says hologram Ortho delighted.

''St-Stop it, Ortho. It is impossible to reset this world.'' Beg Idia and try to reason with Ortho.

''It isn't. Vil Schoenheit-san told us that before. If there is an 0.001% of possibility, then it is possible.'' Remind Ortho from the previous interaction with the subjects. ''In this new world, the phantoms and living beings will live together. I have to release the Underworld and Tartaros. If we did that, the world would be filled with blots... With the curse that can burn the blots, we will become the boss of the new world. Then we are free to invite our friends to our house, just like a normal person.'' Ortho spread out his arms with pure happiness and desire. ''We can play games and watch movies together... And we don't have to erase their memory after they go back home. We can also tell them to come again next time. Even the continuation of the manga, the live performance of Gakemo, and any games you wished for will come true. In this new world, Nii-chan will be the ruler of the entire universe, you will be a superhero.''

''Nii-chan..?'' Whisper Idia, when he heard that pronouncement. Something he hasn't heard in a long time. ''No way, it can't be... Ortho has already...'' Is it really his younger brother speaking to him? Is it really the real Ortho Shroud? ''Wait, only the people of the Shroud family can shut down the Cerberus system... Don't tell me..? Is it...? Is it really you..? Ortho...''

''Hai... It is me, nii-chan.'' Says Ortho and turned emotionless. The hologram slowly dissolves as he speak his final words. ''I am the one who put that guard dog to sleep.''

''Hm.'' Idia gulped and without thinking run out of the main office.

''Deputy head? Where are you going?'' Yell the first worker and look out of the office, watching Idia run down the hallway to the elevator. ''Deputy head? Idia-sama.''

Vil instantly look up at the roof light, as they turned off out of the blue, keeping him from finishing his skincare procedure.

''The lights suddenly went out... Will there even be a power outage at this modern facility?'' Mumble Vil and quickly become suspicious. Suddenly a large crash, ring through the hallway, making Vil flinch and stand up from the chair. ''What was that?'' To add more confusement, unlocked and fall the seal choker from Vil's neck and fall to the ground. ''Ah... The magic seal choker came off. I can use magic.''

*Beep* *Beep*

''The alarm rang this time? What is happening outside?'' Mumble Vil confused and move over to the microphone on the wall, but it doesn't work. He then tries to open the door, but it is locked shut. So Vil have to be a bit creative. ''Ah, that is right... This toner is... I won't lose anything, I am not afraid of anything, the shining crown is for me Fairest One of All. Those who touched this lotion will immediately disappear and fall apart.'' Chant Vil and use his unique magic to turn the body lotion to acid. Vil smirked a little and slowly pour the lotion on the door frame, where the lock is located, making it possible to slide it open. Vil exit his room and see the sight of red lighted hallway with barriers here and there. He then spot a broken door at the end of the hallway. Vil quickly get suspicious something is wrong, cause there weren't any alarms of an escaped subject and there aren't any workers. Vil frowned at that and move to the room next to his, to release his companion from their room, with his acid lotion. ''Jamil, are you okay?''

''Vil-senpai. What is happening? And what was that alarm and vibration just now?'' Ask Jamil and get serious as well.

''Let's talk later. We should get the other out first.'' Says Vil and move on to the next door. In no time, melt Vil the door locks and release Riddle, Leona and Azul from their rooms, and gather together in the hallway. ''This is the last one.''

''Who was in the room at the very back?'' Ask Leona and come into the small group. ''This magical power smells familiar to me...''

''I don't know. The door was already broken and no one was there when I got out of the room.'' Answer Vil honest and gaze at the broken door. Azul hummed in curiosity.

''Even the door that was made with a magic proof material was destroyed, it must have been a rather powerful magic.'' Analyse Azul.

''The other subjects are probably not in a state of consciousness like us.'' Says Jamil out loud and look the other way, to the unopen doors. ''We should be careful.''

''I am curious about the whereabouts of the escaped subject, but more than that...'' Speak up Riddle and look specifically at the dark black mist.

''Yeah. The mist has been floating around for a while now.'' Says Azul and also eye the mist.

''No doubt about it, it is a high density blot.'' Confirmed Leona with a growl.

''... Is it the problem of Tartaros, which contains more than 10.000 phantoms?'' Ask Riddle for a possible danger.

''Don't inhale too much of it.'' Warn Vil to the group. ''Now that we can use magic after the choker came off, we should change to the dorm uniform that has high defense against magic.''

*Snap*

With a snap of each finger tips, they all use their own power without a wand, to change to their dorm uniforms with their dorm staffs in hand. Riddle's heart shaped staff, Leona with his wooden tiki staff, Azul with his octopus shaped staff, while Jamil has his normal magical pen and Vil has a spell book.

''I was able to summon the magical pen that was confiscated by S.T.Y.X and turn into my dorm staff.'' Says Riddle a bit suspicious how easy it was to retrieve it. ''Something must have happened if I can get it back so easily.''

''Detected magic power within a radius of 10 m. Termination Mode Activated.'' Speak up a voice near the broken door. The five students look at the direction and see a squadron of Charon robots. ''Target confirm. Eliminating them now.''

''Dang it.'' Mumble Jamil and lift up his pen.

''Wait... Take a closer look at them.'' Chirped Riddle and eye the details on these Charon robots. ''They have ice on them. Ice on either their arms, legs or torso.''

''Could Lumi-san be the person behind this?'' Wonder Azul out loud.

''We can ask her later, right now we use it to our avance.'' Says Leona and do the first move, aiming for one Charon with ice on its right arm. The blast cut the arm clean off, give Leona an opening to the wires, which he then send an electric spell to over charge it. The Charon gets fried and fell down with a loud thump.

''Seems like we have to thank Lumi for this.'' Says Vil with a small smirk and take down one with ice on its chest. The other three smile to, getting confident to defeat the Charon and start attack their own Charon bot. The ice really helped them, cause it made the Charon robots a bit slower in that section and make them easier to defeat than before.

''Phew... We somehow managed to defeat them.'' Sighed Azul in relief, after the last Charon fell down, destroyed.

''Look, there are no humans inside these Charon armor.'' Says Jamil and look at one of the dead bodies.

''Unlike when they attacked us at school before, this time, they clearly wanted to hurt us.'' Says Leona with a huff. ''... I just have a bad feeling about this.''

''It is not the time to chit chat now.'' Scold Vil lightly at the group. ''Before the matters get worse, we need to head to the main office, where the boss is at.'' The four students nodded and start run down the opposite way of the Charon bodies, when Vil paused and went back inside his room. ''Oh wait. I forgot something.''

''Hah?'' Growl Leona as they all stop and wait for him. Vil come back out with a make up bottle in hand, to then put it in his pocket.

''This special toner. I have to bring this with me.'' Answer Vil with a knowing look of the real reason behind the toner.

''You still gotta worry about your skin even in this situation? Being a supermodel sure is hard.'' Mock Leona.

''Hmph, just say anything you want. This is my lucky charm.'' Says Vil back, and don't take Leona's words to heart.

Lumi POV

''Wh-What happened? The light suddenly went out...'' Ask Epel and get up from the chair along with Rook. I try and press the tablet, but it doesn't turn on anymore.

''The tablets won't turn on either.'' I speak up.

''The devices that can be connected to the main office are not working either.'' Sighed Rook and try press the communication device on the wall. He then try to open the sliding door, but it doesn't budge. ''It seems like we can't open the door too.''

''Does that mean we are trapped inside this room?'' Ask Epel and walk over to Rook, who is leaning his head to the door.

''Shh. There are some noises outside of the room.'' Whisper Rook and try to listen. ''What I heard from the outside is... It seems like the people of this island didn't expect this power outage to happen either. All the staff here seem to be heading to the main office.''

''What should we do? I think it is better to stay here until Ortho-kun comes... I guess.'' Says Epel a bit defeated. Rook look at Epel for a second, before he look at the door. ''Hmm... Will you please wait for a while? Now, fly away from me. I See You.''

''What do you see?'' I ask Rook and walk over to them, with Nevermore beside me, still in baby form.

''... Vil and the others are leaving their rooms and they are heading to the main office now.'' Inform Rook calmly.

''Eh? But we didn't meet Vil-san and the others, how did you cast your unique magic..?'' Ask Epel confused for a moment, when realization hit him. 

''The makeup.'' I mumble impressed. Rook just smirk a little with a small chuckle.

''Actually, I cast my magic on one of the skincare products I gave to Vil.'' Admit Rook of his sneaky trick.

''Huh? Not only living beings, you can also cast it on products?'' Ask Epel amazed at the powerful unique magic.

''Fufu, my target doesn't have to be a human.'' Chuckle Rook, actually send shiver down my spine. ''I was sure that magic effects would be scanned before I gave it to him, but it seems like they didn't noticed it. The mark of I See You doesn't have any poison or attack. At first glance, it is just meaningless magic that has no effect. It is common for cosmetics to have a little bit of 'magic spell' in it.''

''That can be used to cover your own.'' I gasp in at the thought out smugling attempt.

''Oui. There was also a nail polish shop with magic spells that was produced by a wizard cosmetic planner.'' Inform Rook with a little detail and walk over to grab his backpack. ''Idia-kun and Ortho-kun have overlooked my unique magic as it seems familiar to those.''

''Amazing. But it is still a scary magic...'' Commend Epel amazed, but also scared of Rook. ''But, that means the person who was marked by Rook-san wouldn't notice it themselves... I guess?''

''An unexpected power outage on the Land of Grief, that has the latest technology... Vil and the others should be waiting for the tests to be completed, so that they can return to the school tomorrow...'' Mumble Rook out loud and tries to figure out what is going on. ''Maybe there is some trouble happening in the main office.''

''I hope that everyone is alright. Even Grim.'' I whisper a bit worried. Rook walk over to the door and feel around it, probably to find an opening. 

''Ortho-kun told us this place was a training facility for the staff of S.T.Y.X.'' Speak up Rook and find a latch on the wall, revealing some wires. ''Found it. The emergency door lock. I just have to pull this...''

*Click*

Another door suddenly opens on the wall by the couches, surprising me and Epel.

''Wow. There is a door.'' Says Epel amazed at the hidden emergency door.

''The training facility is not a place to restrain the experiment subjects, right? In other words, I thought that maybe we can open the door from the inside during an emergency... It seems like I was right about it.'' Says Rook and walk over to the couches, to crawl up to the open hatch. ''Anyway, we should head to the main office now. I hope nothing happens, but I still feel uneasy about this. Epel-kun, Lumi-chan. Please follow behind me.''

''Hai.'' Says Epel and I together and follow after Rook into the hidden door. The door lead us to an emergency staircase, that we take down to the main floor, which then leads us to the outside. 

''The main tower is the HQ of this place, so that must be were the others are.'' I point out and look at the white tower. All light is also turned off here, so we have to be careful running towards the tower. We also made sure to avoid any enemy on the way, but we haven't seen any staff workers or those Charon bots.

''Wow... This building looks really big, when we see it up close.'' Mumble Epel and look straight up, when we are so close to the entrance.

''We managed to arrive here without getting caught by anyone... How can we get inside the building?'' Wonder Rook and try to think of a way in.

''... Maybe I can...'' I hesitate to say, when something interrupt me.

''S-Someone. Someone please help me.'' Call out a distress worker, who is being cornered by  a group of Charon.

''The islander are being attacked by the Charon. Aren't they friends?'' Says Epel and get serious, as he bring forth his magical pen.

''I don't know, but we should save him first.'' Says Rook and have his magical pen out too.

''Setting the power to the highest. Termination Mode Activated.'' Says one of the Charon as the three Charon aim their oars at the poor staff worker.

''Eliminate target. Eliminate target. Eliminate target.'' Chant the three together and charge up the oars.

''What is happening? They are obviously different from the Charons we fought yesterday.'' Says Rook and combine his magic with Epel to repel the Charon away from the worker. We all then run over to him and stand guard for the robots. ''Let's retreat for now. Monsiur, can you stand?''

''Y-Yeah...'' Mumble the poor worker scared as Rook help him up.

''I will clear the path. Epel-kun, I need your support. Lumi-chan, lend him your shoulder.'' Order Rook and help the worker to lean on to me.

''Nevermore, please help Rook and Epel.'' I instruct my dragon and start dragging the worker away to safety. 

''Oh no. There are six, seven of them...'' Yelp Epel, when the first three Charon bots stand up and get reinforcement from more Charon bots. ''They keep on increasing.''

''Eliminate. Eliminate. Eliminate. Eliminate.'' Chant the Charon robots together and aim their oars at us.

''Are they going to blast us away with the beam?'' Ask Epel worried, but stayed focus.

''My magic barrier might not be able to guard it. Guys, run. Run faster than an antelope.'' Order Rook towards me and the worker. He and Epel create a small barrier of earth to take some of the blast, before running after us.

''M-My knee feels weak, I can't move...'' Mumble the worker in pain and slow us both down.

''You can do it, just push yourself.'' I encourage him, but sadly he fall down to his knees. 

''No, Lumi and the uncle can't get away in time.'' Yell Epel worried and stop on his track. One of the Charon used their power to destroy the wall, so the others can shoot at me and the worker.

''Ugh. I am not sure if I can endure it or not, but I need to cast a magic barrier with my whole power for them...'' Mumble Rook and try to charge up his spell.

''Magic beam, recharging complete. Target lock on.'' Says the Charon, making my eyes widen in fear. I try to pull up the worker to get at least behind a pillar, but he weight so much. Epel just watched and become extremely sad that he can't do anything. Is sadness and agony makes him completely mad, that he doesn't see his magical pen light up with magic. ''Remaining 3 seconds before firing. 3, 2, 1...''

''Epel-kun's magic power is slowly increasing... This is.'' Mumble Rook shocked and look at the young boy.

''Fire.'' Says the Charon and shoot the beam.

''I WON'T LET YOU.'' Yell Epel, as the light from the beam blight me and I fell unconsciousness. 

3rd POV

In the darkness can Lumi barely see the structure of a coliseum, but only the peoples in front of her, with one of them being the King of The Underworld.

''Hello, I am Hades, the King of The Underworld. I have a request.'' Greet the King of The Underworld to a muscle man. ''Can you take a day off from this hero business? You better not reject me, or else.'' With a snap of the fingertips, appear the female Lumi once saw last time, wrapped in grey smoke as a rope. ''Here is the trade off. You give up your strength for 24 hours, and Meg will be free. Answer me in three seconds. One... Two...''

''Alright.'' Answer the muscle man and accept the King of The Underworlds hand.

''Okay, it is decided.'' Cheered the King of The Underworld and magically remove the man's strength, making him really weak. ''Isn't it great? I can be the same as others... It was my dream for many years...''

''Be the same as others...'' Mumble Lumi confused as the scene went black and feel her body being pulled back.

''Lumi... Lumi?'' Someone is calling for her, waking her up from this black void.

''Mmm.'' Moan Lumi and flutter her eyes open. Her vision take a bit time to adjust, before she can see Rook and Epel looking over her with a relief impression.

''I am so glad, you are finally awake.'' Sighed Rook relieved and help her sit up.

''I thought... I thought it was over.'' Mumble Lumi unsure, now that she is alive.

''Look.'' Says Rook simply and move out of the way, to show something shocking. The seven Charon's and the staff worker are inside a glass coffin.

''The Charons are frozen? Did I...'' Gasp Lumi shocked and cover her mouth in fear her magic went out of control again.

''Fufufu, Lumi-chan. You look surprised. Epel-kun is the one who did it.'' Says Rook super proud of his junior dorm mate, surprising Lumi even more and look at Epel too.

''I-I thought everyone was going to be defeated, so...'' Try Epel to explain what happened. Apparently, Epel shoot all of his magic at Lumi and the staff worker out of pure reflects, trapping them both inside their own glass coffins, which took on the magic beam and didn't even break. And with Rook's help, he manage to gather the same amount of magic and do the same to the Charon robots. Being inside the glass coffins put them into stasis, to sleep.

''Dude, that is a spell in the ice category, on the accepted side.'' Says Lumi amazed and also proud of Epel. Now she isn't the only one with ice magic, except hers is apparently illegal.

''Ehehe. Hai, it is my unique magic.'' Says Epel with a small laugh, that he has grown up so much.

''Bravo. Lovely Crabapple.'' Says Rook and clap his hands. ''Let me give you the hug of gratitude and admiration.''

''Ueeeh. Rook-san, I can't breath.'' Yelp Epel and try to get out. Lumi, still sitting on the ground, giggled at the sight, while petting the worried dragon.

''Ops, sorry. I got so emotional that I couldn't control my strength.'' Apologize Rook and let Epel go.

''Phew... Hehe, thank you so much.'' Mumble Epel and get his breath back. He then look at the staff worker in the floating glass coffin. ''I still don't really understand this magic... But it seems like I can trap my opponent in a magic barrier and restrain them temporarily. It is probably because I saw Ace-kun and Deuce-kun being attacked back at the Ramshackle dorm. I immediately thought 'I have to protect everyone'... Hehe.''

''It can be a shield to protect your friends and it can also be a cage to seal your enemies, depending on the way you use it.'' Add Rook to the explanation and admire the pure glass coffin. ''This powerful magic barrier comes from the strength of your will. It is stronger and beautiful than jewels. No one can ever destroy your determination. It really is a beautiful magic. I feel honored to be able to witness your unique magic. I can imagine how happy Vil would be if he knew about this.''

''But it is still hard to determine the coordination... It takes me some time to catch all the Charon's.'' Point out Epel with a sigh.

''Hahahha, no one can handle it at the first time either. Don't worry, you will improve soon.'' Encourage Rook and pat Epel's shoulder. Suddenly the glass coffin around the staff worker starts to vaporized, and releases the worker. ''Oh, it seems like Monsieur has woken up too. How are you feeling?''

''You guys saved me? Thank you so much...'' Thanked the worker and sit up, still a bit dizzy. ''These Charons... They are in autopilot mode.''

''Auto, which means there are no people inside it... Right?'' Ask Epel to be sure.

''Yes, it isn't normal for auto power armor to attack someone.'' Confirmed the worker and slowly get up to his feet, along with Lumi. ''Maybe there were some problems with the Cerberus system that manages the security on this island. The main office is probably in more dangerous situation than here.''

''What?'' Ask Rook shocked at that news.

''You guys should escape from this island by going back to the path you just came and head to the emergency terminal at the outskirts of the island.'' Usher the worker, worried for the teenagers safety. ''In this situation, I am not sure if the terminal is still working or not, but... The outer area should be much safter than here.''

''Thank you for your advice, Monsieur. However...'' Denies Rook kindly and turn really serious. ''After hearing that, we have to go inside the building as soon as possible now.''

''We came to get out friends back.'' Chirped Lumi with a firm look to the worker. ''And we won't back down until we get them back and safely home.''

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

68.3K 1.6K 30
During the opening ceremony at Night Raven College, there was one coffin that was never opened and the headmaster wondered why the coffin never been...
1.6K 23 16
The continuation of my first(and very big) twst oneshot book :3
66.9K 2.3K 9
Things were going Very well for Orientation. There was only one last Coffin to be open. However when Opened there was no one inside. Until a small Cr...
10.1K 419 6
Famed Singer Yuu had been singing for most of their life. they had always loved singing even as a child. Wanting everyone to Experience that Magical...