Second Chances: An Unexpected...

By tiffanygrayslife

Part 1 of a Trilogy Cheyenne is both Autistic and visually impaired, and struggles with relationships, both p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 17

9 0 0
By tiffanygrayslife

I spent the next few days researching more about Gollum and Sméagol, learning his full story, and getting to know more about him. I found myself watching clips on YouTube from the movies just so I could look at him and hear his voice. It brought me great comfort, and helped to ease the heartache I was still feeling. I downloaded audio clips of him, so I could listen to his voice when I needed comfort. I also printed out a few pictures of him to carry in my purse.

Okay, before I go on, I know just how weird and crazy this all sounds, but this is another Autistic trait of mine. I am a grown woman with a lot of childlike tendencies and traits. I do understand the difference between reality and fantasy, but at the same time, when it comes to my favorite shows and movies, I connect with some of the characters on a personal level. Very rarely, however, I connect with them on a much deeper level to the point where they're almost real to me. I know they're fictional, but they're not to me, in my mind. The last character I had that deep connection with was Ojo from Bear in the Big Blue House when I was a little girl, and Ojo stayed with me all through my teen years. To this day, I still have the Ojo plushy my grandparents gave me as a child, and I still snuggle with her every night and tell her all my secrets. What made me so attached to Ojo? Well, her voice was what first got my attention. It was a very comforting sound to my ears, and always brought a smile to my face. I also loved her sweet, playful, cheerful personality, and she had a very active imagination just like I do. She was very creative and artistic, and that also drew me in. Not to mention, she is insanely adorable! Well, I was experiencing something similar with Sméagol. I could relate to his character. His voice was very comforting to listen to. He was adorable, playful, and in my eyes, had a very sweet, loving heart, despite what the ring did to him. Most people would laugh at me, call me a nutjob, and tell me I need therapy, which is why I would only tell people I trust, people I know understand me, like Abby and Hayley. I would've told Logan, but, well, he wasn't around anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 1.1K 35
Neither of us uttered a word for the longest time. I step towards him with my eyes never leaving his "Do you know why I came back?" I ask softly "Wh...
23.3K 1.1K 22
What if Middle-earth had free WiFi? What if the characters could text? What if ... Pippin was a prancing pony? The name says it all - it's a Lord of...
26K 537 25
Y/N Y/L/N is an 19 year old outgoing , funny , smart , pretty girl. She of course loves the lord of the rings and the hobbit movies and books thanks...
155 18 10
Autumn Baggins is known as The Freak in the Shire. She was born with genetic mutations (so she was told) that make her different than the others. But...