Second Chances: An Unexpected...

By tiffanygrayslife

Part 1 of a Trilogy Cheyenne is both Autistic and visually impaired, and struggles with relationships, both p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 9

9 0 0
By tiffanygrayslife

The next day, I met up with Abby for lunch at Callahan's.

"So, when are you gonna play it for him?" she asked.

"Well, he's coming over Friday for dinner and a movie night," I said. "Maybe I'll play it then. It'll give me time to practice it a little more."

"Aww, that's an awesome idea."

I sighed, almost wanting to cry. "You should've heard him during rehearsal last night, Abby. His solo for the concert, it was so beautiful. I've heard that song before, but never the way he sang it."

"What song?"

"It's called 'If I Can't Love Her' from Beauty and the Beast, the Broadway musical version."

"Oh, I love that song."

"Me, too, but Logan made me love it even more."

"I can't wait to hear it. When's the concert?"

"The end of May."

"Awesome. I love your choir concerts."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I love choral music."

"You should join."

"I don't think I'm good enough. You guys are amazing."

"So are you. You're plenty good enough."

"Awww, you don't have to be so nice. I know I suck."

"No, you don't," I said with a smirk on my face. "Abby, one thing about me, I don't suck up to people. When I compliment someone, I mean what I say. Plus, I'm a huge musical snob, and I can tell when someone can sing and when they suck. You don't suck, and anyone who tells you that is a stupid farthead."

Abby snickered. "Stupid farthead. You're funny, Cheyenne."

"Yeah, I'm so immature."

"Me, too," Abby laughed softly. "That's why we're such good friends."

I smiled. Then, I changed the subject back to choir. "I can't wait until you get to hear Hayley's solo, too. Holy shit, she can hit those notes."

"See, that's what I'm talking about. I can't hit those high notes like you and her can."

"So? That doesn't mean you suck. We need more altos anyway."

"Do I need to audition?"

"Nope."

"I'll think about it."

"Okie dokie."

Abby giggled. "You're too cute."

I grinned. "Thanks."

After lunch, Abby drove me back home, and I invited her to come in for a few minutes before she had to go back to work. She followed me into the music room, and listened as I sang and played the song for her.

"So, what did you think?" I asked when I finished. I heard sniffling. I looked over, and saw Abby wiping her face.

"That was so beautiful, Cheyenne," Abby wept. "Holy shit."

"Wow, really?"

"Yeah. That song really captures your love for him."

"Do you think he'll like it?"

"Are you kidding?" Abby sniffled. "He's gonna love it!"

I smiled awkwardly. "Wow, thanks, Abby."

If you can, you need to get his reaction on camera."

"I plan on recording the whole performance, and putting it on YouTube."

"Good. You should."

"Thanks, Abby."

"You're welcome. Well, Cheyenne, I gotta head back to work now, but I had so much fun hanging with you."

"Me, too, and I'm glad you liked the song."

"Girl, I freaking loved it." Abby gave me a hug before she turned to head out. "I'll see you later!" she called.

"Okay, bye!"

"Bye!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155 18 10
Autumn Baggins is known as The Freak in the Shire. She was born with genetic mutations (so she was told) that make her different than the others. But...
139K 3.7K 34
Sara is just a ordinary girl. She has heard of the Lord of the Ring books but never read one. But what happens if she falls into the greatest stories...
81.7K 1K 18
Use they/them pronouns Uses strong language, if you are uncomfortable with swears, don't read No smut, I don't feel comfortable writing it. WARNING...
59K 1.6K 58
"Amrâlimê." The Lonely Mountain sits silently as the sun sets behind it, creating a canvas of brilliant reds and oranges. Nobody has dared go near t...