Second Chances: An Unexpected...

By tiffanygrayslife

Part 1 of a Trilogy Cheyenne is both Autistic and visually impaired, and struggles with relationships, both p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 8

9 0 0
By tiffanygrayslife

That Tuesday, like every Tuesday, was our weekly choir rehearsal, and I couldn't wait to hear Logan's solo. For our upcoming concert, we were performing a mix of Broadway show tunes and songs from movies. Logan's solo was in a beautiful choral arrangement of "If I Can't Love Her" from the Broadway musical version of Beauty and the Beast.

As we rehearsed, a big part of me wished I had a solo in one of the songs, but hearing others solos, I knew it was the right thing to do. There were so many talented people in this choir, and they deserved to have a moment to shine. One of them was my incredibly talented sister, Hayley, who had a solo in "Think of Me" from The Phantom of the Opera. Her solo was probably one of the most challenging, as it involved lilts, trills, and crazy high notes, but I knew Hayley could do it. I heard her practicing at home, and she nailed it every time.

When it was her turn to sing, she was a little nervous, but listening to her, nobody could tell. Her voice flowed so naturally with the lilts, trills, and high notes.

"Wow," I said to myself. I've been listening to her sing since we were babies, but she never ceased to amaze me. To this day, I am still blown away by her ability.

Soon, it was Logan's turn to show off, and oh, my gosh, he melted my heart! He had such a beautiful, soft, sweet tenor voice, but also very powerful when necessary. So much emotion in his solo. I could almost hear the pain in the Beast's heart. I wiped away a few tears. I didn't think it was even possible to fall even more in love with him than I already was, but boy, was I wrong.

That night, after rehearsal, I sat at my laptop, and wrote out some heartfelt lyrics for a song. It was hard to sum up my true feelings for Logan in just a few stanzas, because there was so much I wanted to say. When I finished, I carried my laptop into the music room, and sat at the piano, playing with possible melody ideas until everything finally came together. I played and sang the song to see how it sounded, and I was very satisfied with it. I recorded a rough audio file to use to practice the song. Then, I carried my laptop back up to my room, got ready for bed, and quickly fell asleep with a playlist of all of Celtic Woman's songs playing in the background.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139 8 2
Bilba Baggins is a bit shy. Okay, she's a LOT shy and when Gandalf shows up and dumps an entire Company of dwarves on her she is decidedly NOT amused...
54.8K 4.1K 59
08.04.2022- #1 in BWWM 05.12.2021-#1 in BlackGirlMagic 12.08.2020- #1 Lordoftherings 01.30.2021-#1 supernatural romance "I love you because an entire...
37.2K 1.2K 35
Neither of us uttered a word for the longest time. I step towards him with my eyes never leaving his "Do you know why I came back?" I ask softly "Wh...
146K 3.8K 34
Sara is just a ordinary girl. She has heard of the Lord of the Ring books but never read one. But what happens if she falls into the greatest stories...