Mario and Luigi: The Star Spi...

By RGkoopaling

When trouble happens in the stars. It's up to Mario and Luigi to set things right. With some new friends, thi... More

The Special Wishes
An Invitation to a Jubilee
The Mushroom Jubilee
The Unbelievable Defeat
Goomba Village
Jr. Troopa's Playground
Return of Goomboss
Bowser's Scheme
To Shooting Star Summit
Peach's Wish
Merlon's Advice
When Fuzzies Attack
The Blue-Shelled Koopa Joins
Storming the Koopa Bros. Fortress
Koopa Bros. Showdown
To Mt. Rugged
Scaling Mt. Rugged
The Dry in Dry Dry Desert
Meeting Moustafa
Dry Dry Ruins Rumble
An Escaped Star Spirit
Braving the Forest
Trickery of the Mansion
Across the Gusty Gulch
The Secret to the Invincible Tubba Blubba
Shy Guy Scramble
Trials in the Toy Box
Taking the Cake
Color Cracker
The Playtime of War
Hot Hot Times on Lavalava Island
In Search of the Fearsome Five
Into the Thick of Jade Jungle
Red-Hot Battle in Mt. Lavalava
Finding Flower Fields
Dark Days in Flower Fields
Beauty of Water
The Lakitu and the Puff Puff Machine
A Clash in the Clouds
All the Children of the Stars Found
A Cold Mystery
Star Kids in the Snow
Doppelgangers on Shiver Mountain
Crystal Palace Crawl
Arrival at Star Haven
Storming Bowser's Castle
Bowser Quiz-Off
Jr. Troopa's Final Brawl
A Star-Powered Showdown!
Celebration of the Children of the Stars

Traveling to Lavalava Island

28 1 0
By RGkoopaling

Back with Peach and Twink, she was pacing around her bedroom.

"Say... Twink," she said, "Those guards have stopped paying attention to us. Let's try to sneak out again. We might find some information to help Mario and Luigi."

"Do you think it's still safe to use that secret path?" Twink asked, "What if Bowser's figured it out by now?"

"It's still alright, Twink," Peach responded, "Bowser hasn't noticed anything. He may be strong and scary. But he lacks the brains. Let's get out of here!"

Peach and Twink snuck out through the secret passage and went into the castle's dining room. As they entered, they heard some groaning.

"Huh? Who are you?" the person across the room asked.

When Peach walked down and saw it was Gourmet Guy that Mario and Co. encountered earlier.

"Why I'm Princess Peach. And who might you be?" she asked.

"Oh! Your Princess Peach. Everyone calls me Gourmet Guy for some reason. Look, I should probably report you to King Bowser. You know you can't leave your room. But I AM really hungry... Tell you what... I'll keep this a secret if you make me something yummy."

"I'd love to cook for you, Mr. Gourmet Guy, but... I don't have any ingredients or utensils," Peach said.

"Aw, that's no problem. There's a kitchen one floor below us. Heard it's a five-star! You can cook down there. You'll need this key, too."

Gourmet Guy handed Peach a key to the castle, and she went down to the first floor. She made sure to avoid the guards down there which felt more tricky than before. But she made it into the kitchen without getting caught.

"So, what should we make?" Twink asked Peach.

"I was thinking a special strawberry cake," Peach replied, "Just like the ones I used to make with my grandma."

"That's a great idea! Let's whip one up!" twink went to where the cookbooks were and looked up and down on the shelf.

"Which book has it?"

"It should be in the book with green spirals and red hearts," Peach answered.

Twink eventually found the book and found the strawberry cake recipe. Twink began to read off the ingredients.

"Please listen carefully. First... put one cup of sugar and two eggs in a bowl."

Peach found the sugar and eggs and put them in a nearby bowl. She then asked Twink for the next step.

"Mix and whip the ingredients in a bowl."

Peach got a wooden mixing spoon and started mixing. After a few seconds, Peach got the mixture perfect. Twink then instructed her to put butter and flour in the bowl. After that, Peach mixed them in and transferred the mix into a pan.

"Next you put the cake in the oven for one minute. But be extra careful, you can't redo this part," said Twink.

Peach placed the cake in the oven and made sure it was exactly a full minute before taking it out. As soon as she did, she took a whiff of the baked cake.

"Smells delicious!" she said.

"This is the last step," Twink reminded, "Decorate the cake with sweet buttercream and strawberries."

Peach finished with the cream and strawberries and they went back to Gourmet Guy while avoiding the guards.

"Here you go!" she said setting the cake down in front of Gourmet Guy.

"Oh! I've been waiting so long!" he complained, "I've wasted away to nothing!"

Gourmet Guy took a bite out of the cake and did the very same thing as he did back in Shy Guy's Toy Box. After he calmed down, he walked up to Princess Peach.

"Thank you! I haven't felt that way since... forever!" he said, "To show you my gratitude, I'll tell you a secret."

"One of the Star Spirits is inside Mt. Lavalava on Lavalava Island. This island is to the south," he whispered in Peach's ear, "You should tell Mario and Luigi this. But tell them that a nasty Lava Piranha is guarding the Star Spirit."

"Of course," said Peach, "Do you not dislike them?"

"Yeah, I don't mind them. That's why I'm telling you this." Gourmet Guy then walked out of the dining room. Leaving Peach and Twink alone.

"Twink, did you hear that?! Mt. Lavalava! Lavalava Island, that Star Spirit is inside that volcano!" she exclaimed.

"Do you think you can tell Mario and Luigi this?" she asked.

"Of course," he replied, "I'll do it right now!"

Twink opened the nearby window and flew to Mario and Luigi.

"Now, I better get back to my room before-"

"What's with all the shouting? Keep it quiet in here!" shouted Kammy as she entered the dining room. She immediately saw Princess Peach and stormed up to her.

"So! It was you, Princess Peach! You got to keep it down! You're a prisoner and as a prisoner, you need to keep... Wait, what're you doing out of your room anyway?!"

"I was just-"

"Save it! Guards! Get the princess!"

Just like that, two Koopatrols came and took her back to her room.

Meanwhile, back in Toad Town. Mario, Luigi, and their friends reappeared in front of the abandoned building that lead to Shy Guy's Toy Box. There, Muskular was waiting for them.

"Ah, fresh air at last!" he sighed with relief, "After being cooped up in there for so long, I could use some outdoor exercise. My name is Muskular. Mario, Luigi, and friends, I must thank you for saving me. Now it's my turn to help you. Behold!"

Muskular raised his arms, granting Mario and Co. another unit of Star Energy in the Star Orb. Watt also felt stronger when she sparkled.

"My gift to you is called "Chill Out"," Muskular explained, "In battle, I can lower the attack of your foes, this also costs two units of Star Power. Call me on whenever you find yourself in trouble. I'll always come quickly to aid you in battle. Now... I'm going back to my dear old Star Haven."

"Mario! Luigi!"

Mario and Co. looked up to see Twink fly in front of them.

"I have news... News from the castle..." Just then, Twink turned around and saw Muskular and was shocked, "Honorable Star Spirit!"

"Hi!" Muskular greeted Twink, "I believe you are... Twink, no? You're that youngster who recently ascended from Starborn Valley up to Star Haven."

"What?! You remember my name?!" Twink asked shocked.

"Why of course!" he replied, "We're like family!"

"I... I... I'm so touched!"

"Ho ho ho! Don't make such a fuss, lad. I'm sure you'll go on to do great things! I must take my leave now. Goodbye, my friends!"

Twink took a few minutes to compose himself as Muskular left for Star Haven.

"Wow! I talked with Muskular, the honorable Star Spirit!" he murmured, "I rarely have such a chance, even at Star Haven. I'm shaking!"

"You alright?" Mario asked.

"Yeah, it was just mind-blowing,"

"Didn't you say you have news from the castle?" Luigi questioned.

"Oh, yeah! According to the information, Princess Peach and I got. It seems like one of the honorable Star Spirits is being held at Mt. Lavalava on Lavalava Island. You wouldn't believe what she went through to get this. I hope this will be of help."

"Don't worry, Twink. Your info is always helpful," said Goombario.

"I'm going to rejoin Princess Peach now. As always, good luck. We'll keep on looking for useful information."

As Twink flew back to Peach Mario and Co. began to brainstorm how to get to Lavalava Island. But first, they went back to Mario's Pad to refresh themselves.

"You have a nice place," said Watt.

"Thanks," said Mario, "You can make yourself at home while I find what I'm looking for."

Mario started to look through his bookshelf for anything on Lavalava Island.

"You know, Watt," said Luigi, "We'll also need to find the eight Children of the Stars to save the Star Rod too."

"Really?" she asked, "I think my wish came true."

"What did you wish for?" Bow wondered.

"Well... aside from wishing that I was out of that lantern. I also wished to go on an adventure, meet some new friends. The Shy Guys used to be my friends... until they started siding with Bowser."

"That's sad to lose your old friends," said Kooper.

"But I have you guys now," Watt noted.

"Say, come to think of it..." Goombario said, "I wished for something similar like that too. I wished to meet Mario and Luigi and join them on an adventure."

At that moment, the others had to agree, they also made their wish before this adventure. Throughout the journey, it's like their wishes had come true.

"Here we go!" Mario exclaimed setting a book on the table.

"It says here that Lavalava Island resides South from here. They say it used to be home to humans before they had to abandon their home,"

"What lives on the Island now?" Parakarry asked.

"Since the humans left the island, Yoshis and Ravens repopulated the abandoned villages."

"At least we know it's down South, but how do we get there?" Bombette wondered.

"Hmmm... I'd say we head to the docks and find someone that can help," Mario suggested.

The rest agreed on this and left Mario's Pad. At the docks, they could find any boats. But Kooper did recognize a familiar face.

"Professor Kolorado!" he called out, getting the archeologist's attention.

"Kooper, my boy!" he greeted, "Jolly good to see you and your friends again!"

"What brings you here, professor?" Kooper asked.

"Well, my lad. I for one am traveling bravely to Lavalava Island in the southern sea to solve a diabolical mystery. It would seem that ancient treasures are waiting in a volcanic cave."

"What a coincidence, that's where we're heading too!" Mario said.

"Only problem is there's no way to get there," Kolorado added.

As Kolorado was puzzled by this, Watt spotted something in the water.

"Hey, what is that?" she asked Mario.

"Hmmm... I'm not sure," Mario answered.

Mario walked up to the blue lump in the water. But the second he did, it started to shake and Mario fell into the water. As Luigi helped him up, they saw it was a whale.

"Good heavens! That appears to be a giant tuna!" said Kolorado.

"Professor, that's not a tuna. It's a whale," Luigi corrected.

"That's right," said the whale, "And I have problems!"

"Gee, what's wrong?" Bombette asked.

"It feels like something is jumping around in my belly!"

"In... your belly?" said Mario drying his cap.

"Yes! It's making me sick! Can you check in my belly for me?" the whale asked, "I'm begging you, please."

"Ok... Watt, I think you'll need to come with me inside," said Mario, "The rest of you stay here."

Mario and Watt entered the whale's mouth to check his bellyache. While it was smelly, Mario brushed it aside as Watt glowed brighter. Once they entered the belly, they saw what looked like a Fuzzy, but slightly taller.

"Waah! Who dat!" it said bouncing around, "What'd you think you two are doin' glowing?"

"We came in here because the whale has a bellyache," said Mario.

"From... what are you?" Watt asked.

"Name's Fuzzipede," he said, "And I ain't gonna stop bouncing! Do you two want a piece of me? Then come get it!"

The Fuzzipede started by head bonking Mario. But he avoided it and jumped on him. Watt then Electro Dashed into the Fuzzipede. Soon the Fuzzipede retreated to the ceiling, but it was no problem for Watt. She Power Shocked him, resulting in him falling.

"Shucks," he said in defeat, "First I get away from that ol' fishin' man, then I get swallowed up by some huge fish, and now this guy with the mustache and bright little girl go upside my head."

"Our names are Mario and Watt," Mario replied, "Why were you in here anyway?"

"I've been tryin' to escape fryin' pans and fires since I was a grub," Fuzzipede answered, "All I want is my freedom."

"I can relate to you there," Watt said.

"Mario! Watt! Can you hear me, the whale?" the whale called in his stomach.

"We sure can!" Mario called out from inside.

"The stomachache seems to have cleared right up!" said the whale.

"If you were curious as to what was causing it. It was a Fuzzipede," said Watt.

The whale shrugged that part off as he filled his stomach with water and Mario, Watt, and the Fuzzipede were shot out from the whale's spout. Luigi and the others ran to Mario and Watt to see if they were alright.

"Bro! You had me worried there!" Luigi said on the verge of tears.

"You and Watt had all of us on the edge of our seat," Parakarry added.

"Thank goodness you're both alive and well," said Kolorado.

"Hey, it's you, boy!" the Fuzzipede said to the whale unhappy, "You're that dumb ol' fish that ate me all up and such!"

"Gee... I'm sorry," said the whale, "I was just-"

"What? Did you think I was Krill? You plumb idiot! I thought I was a goner for sure!"

"If you'd let me finish, I was taking a nap with my mouth open, snoring away."

"Well... I suppose I can see my way to forgivin' you this time," the Fuzzipede replied, "But you just watch it."

"I reckon I owe you and your friend some thanks... Mario was it?"

"Yep, that's-a-me!" he said posing.

"Y'all take care, now." the Fuzzipede then hopped off to somewhere safe.

"I feel so much better now!" said the whale, "They should call you Dr. Mario! There must be some way I can express my gratitude!"

"Well now that you mention it. There is a place we need to be," said Mario.

"Then it's settled! I, the whale, will take you anywhere you want to go. Where is it you wish to go?"

"To Lavalava Island!" said Kolorado, "There's an ancient treasure waiting there!"

"There's more than that," Watt added, "Mario, Luigi I think the Star Kid said that a Star Spirit was... um, caught on the big Lavalava Island."

"Lavalava Island? I know where that place is but... There's a big volcano on the island and it's on the verge of erupting. Very dangerous," the whale warned.

"We know, but one of the Star Spirits is trapped in that volcano. We don't have a choice," Luigi said.

"Alright. Just hop on and I'll get you there."

The whale lowered itself down as Mario and Co. jumped on.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Kolorado asked.

"I'm sure it is," Bombette replied.

"Still, make some room," said Kolorado.

With that, the octet and Kolorado left Toad Town and headed to Lavalava Island.

Meanwhile, back in Goomba Village. Jr. Troopa was busy training to fight Mario and Co. Little did he know that Kammy Koopa had taken interest in him after seeing him fight them in Forever Forest.

"Let's see how they hold up against me now!" he said kicking the dummy.

"I'm certain you'll get there, kid," Kammy said making herself known.

"Who the heck are you?" Jr. Troopa asked.

"Why I am Kammy Koopa! I've heard from my sources that you hold a grudge against Mario and his pals."

"How'd you know? I don't need your stinking help anyway!" he retorted.

"Hear me out, kid. What I'm going to teach you might give you a fighting chance against them."

"Fighting chance? Go on," he said with interest.

**************************************************

End of chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 103 20
The Princess of the Stars has disappeared from her dimension. Bowser has destroyed her kingdom and has found her true star. When Mario and Luigi ente...
1.5K 24 32
Our heroes find themselves in the Mushroom Kingdom.Here,they help the famous hero Mario defeat Bowser. However,Bowser isn't the only concern.With rum...
478K 11K 47
Always been seen as number 2 Luigi has gone in a very depressed state, and no one seems to care or notice, not even his brother who knows him like th...
2.6K 84 54
Luigi never regained his memory after being sent to the Underwhere, but still joined the Hero's side. This is the fallout.