Fast Love

By AlyssaWonder

More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 5

13.3K 464 85
By AlyssaWonder

Author's Note: Video is of Vivian, Amber's mom. Enjoy this new chapter!

****

SHANNON'S POV

I took the note from Amber and noticed the color had been drained from her face. I read the simple note but I know exactly who it was from. And from the look on Amber's face, so did she.

I knew all about her little tryst with Felix over the summer. I also knew he was a pig who only wanted my girl so he could brag that he popped her cherry. That was not going to happen.

"He's only doing this because you jumped right into a relationship with Emery." I speak after a moment of silence. "If you were still single he wouldn't give two shits."

I see Amber nod and she throws me a smile. She then offers the rest of the chocolates to the kids sitting around us. I look toward the door and I actually see Felix peeking around the door looking right at Amber. JERK.

Our teacher cleared her throat so the attention could be brought back to the lesson at hand and I noticed Felix disappear shortly after. The bell rung half an hour later and Amber and I walked to her locker. She stuffed the flowers inside and blew out a breath.

"What are you going to tell Emery? You know word is going to spread about your delivery." I ask her.

"I'm not going to lie to him. It's not like I did anything wrong. I just can't believe Felix!" Amber huffs.

"Well, you can talk to him when he takes you home since he doesn't have to stay after school today."

She makes a face like she just remembered something.

"I forgot! My mom is picking me up after school."

"Well, I'm sure you'll talk to him today. I'm going to head to class. See you at lunch."

I walk away from her and I'm not surprised when Mallori appears at my side since we have the next class together.

"I can't wait for my party tomorrow!" Mallori exclaims as we walk into the classroom. "I'm sure you'll be there. Right?"

I roll my eyes and sit in my usual seat. She sits next to me and places her chin in her hands.

"I heard Amber got some flowers and candy delivered during third period. Every girl in school is going to be fawning over Emery now so tell her to watch out."

If only she knew Felix was the real culprit. I wonder what's going through this guy's head. I mean he's attractive and has tons of girls sniffing after him so why can't he just choose one of them and leave Amber alone?

The thoughts run through my head and I spin my pencil throough my index and middle finger. I don't realize it when the pencil flies out of my hand hits Garrett Webb in his back. He spins around in his seat in front of me and stares into my face.

I feel my heart race as he gives me a small smile. I had known Garrett since elementary and he definitely grew into a hottie. He ran his hands through his bright blonde hair and bent down to pick my pencil up off the floor. He lays the pencil on my desk and offers me another smile.

"If you wanted my attention all you had to do was say something." he tells me.

I dart my eyes over his handsome face and stifle a moan as my gaze lands on his lips. I lean forward and bite my bottom lip.

"Well, how about we hang out this weekend and we'll have each other's undivided attention." I flirt.

He smiles. "I like the sound of that."

"Mr. Webb, Ms. Coles I hope this lesson isn't disrupting your conversation."

Garrett turns around in his seat and I look to our teacher who has a disappointed look on her face. I ignore the looks from my peers as they snicker at Garrett and I's expense.

The bell rings and Garrett walks me out of the classroom. He asks to join me for lunch, which I accept. Since I don't have my car I have to eat cafeteria food. I walk with Garrett to Amber's locker to met her. When she arrives the three of us head to the cafeteria.

AMBER'S POV

When I met Shannon at my locker for lunch I was surprised that Garrett Webb was joining us. I always thought he and Shannon would make a cute couple but neither of them would make a move. Well, Shannon was dating her ex for two years but now she was single so I guess she was going for it with Garrett.

"So Shannon, do you have a date for your party tomorrow?" Garrett asks her after we get our food and sit at an empty table.

"I guess I do now." she smiles and scoots closer to him.

I see Garrett smile like the Cheshire Cat. I laugh as I pour ranch dressing on my salad and dig in. I notice Mallori and two other girls heading in our direction. They stop at our table.

"Mind if we join you guys?" Mallori asks but is only looking at Garrett.

Garrett looks at me and then Shannon. We both throw him a 'tell her to get lost' look. He looks back to Mallori and politely smiles.

"No offense Mallori but I hate to see pretty girls uncomfortable so I think it'd be best if you found another table."

Mallori and her girls gasp at his words. Shannon and I smile at them. Mallori tosses her hair over her shoulder and storms off with her groupies hot on her trail. I see Shannon move even closer, if possibe, to Garrett.

"I am so hot for you right now."

I can see Garrett is on cloud nine. We eat our food and when the bell rings the three of us separate for the last two classes of the day.

I am so happy when the day ends and I meet Shannon at my locker. Garrett is with her and has his arms wrapped around her waist, hugging her from behind.

"Do you need me to ask Emery to give you a ride home?" I ask her after grabbing the large vase of flowers to take home.

She shakes her head no and giggles. I see Garrett nibbling on her ear. She playfully slaps his arm and tells him to stop.

"Garrett agreed to take me home." she tells me.

I nod and give her a hug. "I'll call you later." I tell her after we release each other.

I head outside to wait for my mother. I hear footsteps approaching me and spin to see Felix. He has a large smile on his face as he eyes the roses.

"Oh my, those are beautiful!" he exclaims.

I frown. "Cut the shit, I know you sent these. Why?"

Felix smirks at me and moves a bit closer to me. "Isn't is obvious? I miss you and I want you back. You know you still have feelings for me and I still care about you."

I sigh in disgust and move away from him. Before I can say anything I see Emery walk out of school. He sees me and throws me a dashing smile.

"There you are!"

He rushes to me and eyes the flowers. "Who sent you those?"

Felix clears his throat causing Emery and I to stare at him. "I guess someone here has a secret crush on your girlfriend."

He walks away without another word. Emery frowns as he turns his attention back to me.

"He sent those to you?" he points to the roses.

I nod. "We used to date and I guess seeing me with you has triggered his jealousy."

Emery then bursts out laughing. I eye him wondering what was so funny.

"Girls have been coming up to me all day telling me how sweet of a boyfriend I was and how you were so lucky to have a guy like me. They must have thought I sent them to you."

I smile and move closer to him. "Well I am lucky to have you."

I place a kiss on his lips and then I literally jump out of my skin when a car horn beeps behind me. I turn and see my mother staring at me with a disapproving stare.

Uh oh. I turn back to Emery. "Want to meet my mom?"

"Of course."

I hand him the roses and pull him to the driver's side of my mom's Mercedes. I see her eyes watching us like a hawk as soon as we left the curb. I stop at her window and she looks from me, to the roses and then lands her gaze on Emery. I notice a deep frown on her face.

"Mom, this is Emery my boyfriend. Emery, meet my mom." I introduce.

"Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Richards." Emery says politely.

My mom refocuses her gaze on me. "Amber, have your boyfriend put the roses in the back and let's go."

She looks straight ahead and I look to Emery with apologetic eyes. I open the door behind my mother's seat and Emery places the vase in the seat.

"I'll call you later." I tell him after he closes the door.

"Will your mother bite my head off if I kissed you right now?" he whispers to me.

"I just might son. Amber, let's go!" my mother shouts.

"Call me later." Emery says and heads to his car.

I go around the car and get into the passenger seat. I fold my arms across my chest after placing on my seatbelt.

"When did you get a boyfriend?" my mother asks as she drives us home.

I don't answer her and look out the window.

"I asked you a question young lady."

I turn to look her, my eyes taking in her profile. "I guess like mother, like daughter. You were really rude to Emery."

"Well you did spring this on me..."

"Like you sprung Axel on me." I counter.

"Touche. So, how serious is this? Did he give you the roses?"

"We just started seeing each other and Shannon sent me the flowers." I lie about the last part. "She thought we would both be single for Valentine's but the boutique sent the flowers earlier than expected."

"Oh, that was very sweet of her."

We arrive home ten minutes later and I carry my roses in the house and place them on one of the kitchen counters.

"So, call your boyfriend and invite him over for dinner. Axel will be here at seven forty-five so have him arrive at seven-thirty." my mom states from the living room.

I walk toward her to make sure I heard her right. "What?"

"You heard me. I want you to be comfortable around my boyfriend so I should do the same for you. Plus we both have to apologize to the men for our rude behaviors."

I smile brightly and rush to my mother. I hug her tightly and thank her before heading to my room to call Emery.

"Hey, can you come over for dinner at my house?"

"Uh, sure. What time?" he asks.

"Dinner will be served at eight but my mom wants you here at seven thirty."

He agrees and we hang up. Since there's three hours to kill I clean my bedroom, the kitchen and the guest bathroom. My mother appears in the bathroom once I am done.

"I should invite your boyfriend over more often." she smiles at me.

"Haha." I smirk.

I go into my room and pick out a long flowing brown dress to put on. I shower before I put the dress on and pair it with some flat sandals. I comb my hair out, letting it fall to my shoulders. My heart jumps when I hear the doorbell. Looking at the clock I see it is seven-twenty.

"He's early." my mother points out as I rush to the front door.

The aroma of dinner fills the room and when I open the front door Emery places a kiss on my cheek before stepping in.

"It smells good in here!" he exclaims.

I close the door and see my mom standing before Emery. She has a smile on her face and extends her hand out to him.

"I want to apologize for my rude behavior earlier today. It's just so hard seeing my baby dating. She's growing up so fast."

Emery takes her hand in his. "No need to apologize. If I had a daughter as beautiful as yours, I'd behave the same way." He looks at me over his shoulder and gives me a gorgeous smile.

My mom releases his hand. "Well, you two can sit out here. My boyfriend should be here shortly and then dinner will be served."

I pull Emery to the couch and we sit down. He reaches out and runs his fingers through my hair.

"You look really nice." he breathes while moving closer to me.

"Stay at arm's length please!" my mom shouts from the kitchen.

Emery and I chuckle as he moves back. "Your mom's funny."

"I'm also dangerous. So remember that if you ever think of hurting my baby!"

We share another laugh.

"I'm guessing your mom never met Felix." Emery points out.

I shake my head no. "She worked long days during summer and now I know that she was spending a lot of time with her boyfriend. To be honest I could've been having wild orgies everyday and she wouldn't have known but I'm a good girl."

Emery chuckles. "Of course you are."

We chat for a while until the doorbell rings. My mother rushes to the door and opens it to greet Axel. She pulls him into her and they share a passionate kiss. When they pull away Axel eyes Emery.

"Who's this?" he asks my mom.

"He is Amber's boyfriend."

I see Axel's eyebrows jump up and his eyes widen at the statement. "Oh wow."

My mom looks to me and motions her head towards Axel. "Is there something you want to say to him?"

I blow out a breath and push myself off the couch. I walk forward and stop when I am right in front of Axel.

"I want to apologize for my rude behavior earlier today. It's just so hard seeing my mother dating. She's growing up so fast." I repeat the words my mother said to Emery.

Emery and my mother burst out in laughter. Axel looks at them, not getting the joke. He accepts my apology nonetheless after Emery and my mother calm down.

My mother tells us that dinner will be ready shortly and asks me to set the dining table. I head to the dining room and Emery follows. He helps me set the table. When we're done my mother and Axel bring in the food and we all sit.

My mother says a short blessing and we fill our plates with chicken and dumplings, sauteed carrots, collard greens and cornbread. My mother fills sweet iced tea in Emery and I's glass while she and Axel share a bottle of red wine.

We enjoy a hearty conversation during dinner. Emery leans back in his chair and rubs his stomach once he is done eating.

"That was delicious Mrs. Richards!"

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." she smiles at him as she stands and begins to clear the table.

I stand to help her and we leave Axel and Emery alone. My mother and I place the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and prepare to serve dessert; my mother's homemade peach cobbler.

"So, I approve of Emery. He's a very nice young man." my mother states while scooping vanilla ice cream onto four plates.

"And I approve of Axel. He's a very nice, older man." I smile.

My mother just shakes her head while laughing. We take the plates into the dining room and serve our men.

"Thank you baby." Axel cheeses up at my mom and pulls her down for a kiss before she attempts to take her seat.

After we eat dessert Axel stands. I think he is about to tell us he's leaving but instead he drops down on one knee before my mother.

"Axel, what are you doing?" she asks surprised.

I gasp and cover my mouth as I watch him reach in his back pocket and pull out a small velvet box. I knew what was in that box.

"Vivian Ann Richards, for the last year and a half I have had the pleasure of having in my life. I love you with every fiber of my being and I don't want to go to sleep without you next to me. I don't want to wake up unless it's to your smiling face. Now that I have met your amazing daughter and she approves of me, I want to know if you would do me the honor of being my wife."

He opens the box and my mother gasps as she stares down at an engagement ring. She looks over at me with tears in her eyes.

"Baby?"

"Don't look at me. He didn't ask me to marry him." I tease.

She turns back to Axel who chuckles at my comment. She reaches out and takes the ring out of the box. She slips it on her left ring finger and jumps down into his arm, pasting her lips to his.

"Yes, I'll marry you! Yes, yes! A million times yes!"

Emery and I applaud as my mother rushes over to me to show me the ring. We share a hug and I wope away her tears. I see Emery walk over to Axel to congratulate him.

Emery decides to leave a few minutes later and I walk him out to his car. I give him a hug and a kiss as he opens his door.

"I'll call you tomorrow okay." he whispers against my lips.

"You'd better." I give him another kiss before moving away.

"Hey, sleep tight beautiful."

I blush lightly while kissing my hand and blowing the kiss in his direction. He catches my 'kiss' and places it on his lips. He winks at me as he gets in his car, starts it and drives off.

I sigh in contentment as I head back in the house, all while anticipating what tomorrow would bring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.9K 3K 33
bwwm
148K 5.2K 18
شانيل
5.1K 209 26
308 28 21
**editing in process** A Black woman and an Arab man explore an interracial relationship. They love fast and completely. They must persevere throug...