Where I Belong

By SummerKisses

I am editing this book! Santana Rose has no clue about her secret past; only her 'parents' know. She has... More

Where I Belong
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FOURTY
CHAPTER FOURTY-ONE
CHAPTER FOURTY-TWO
CHAPTER FOURTY-THREE
CHAPTER FOURTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FOURTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FOURTY-SIX
CHAPTER FOURTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FOURTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FOURTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-THREE
THE LUCIA FAMILY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SEVENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX
CHAPTER 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86 (The End)
New Update!

CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

1.7K 20 0
By SummerKisses

Sorry if there was lots of mistakes. It's just there's so many distractions going on around me, ugh! I can't concentrate when there's noises or people talking while I'm writing or editing.

Vote, comment, fan...

SummerKisses

CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

“So according to this witch friend of yours, Elle is living in Rome?” Santana stared at Nesta, not too happy that she’d have to fly out so far away from home.

“Yes, Rosalie Lucia is her name. She’s also quite famous in the witch world, and has met my Elle many times. I know Elle won’t listen to us if we phone her, and she’d also relocate herself. If you really care for Nova, I suggest you call the travel agency and book a flight. It’s going to be a long journey, I’m sure of it.”

Santana closed her eyes in frustration and sighed. She hated how Nesta always got to her, knowing she’d go for Nova. If she wanted him back to normal, Elle was her only hope. She’d pay any price for her mate, if so, even her life.

“I guess so. Nesta, I take it you’re coming too,” she eyed the old woman, who apparently was too afraid to meet her daughter who she hadn’t seen for many years. The hatred Elle had for her mother was evident. Santana wanted her older friend to have a happy life once again instead of moping around missing her mate until her death.

Nesta looked down at the floor, her mouth quivering. “She’d say no to you if I were there, it would destroy me if she rejected you all because of her hatred for me.”

“If she says no, then I’ll find some way to change her mind. And maybe bring one of the hot werewolf members from here,” she laughed, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

“From what I heard she can’t get along with males. They all want her, but if any try to make a move on her…” Nesta shrugged her shoulders.

“So, she likes girls?” Santana mumbled nervously.

Nesta only shrugged and walked out of the pack house, most likely to get ready. Sighing, Santana looked up at the clock. It was quarter past three, so she picked up a phonebook to find the travel agency number.

“Hi, I’d like to book a flight to Italy. When is the closest date?”

One month later…

“So everything’s all set? You have your passports?” Troy asked the six of them. Once Derek heard she was leaving, he wanted to go as well. And then Landon hopped on board as he didn’t like his ‘mate’ being far away. Damon and Scarlett wanted to go somewhere to celebrate their engagement. And of course, Nesta was going as well.

Santana groaned. She hated the fact that Landon was going, as he’d probably try and stop her from getting Elle’s help. Nova was an even bigger rival than Derek, and Landon would for sure try and stop her from reviving the ‘real’ him. But after her father talked for many hours over letting the ‘poor guy’ go, as Landon nearly had a heart attack when he saw her get stabbed with the dagger. His actions somehow touched her father’s heart, liking the jerk at once.

“Aren’t you happy, Sunshine? We get to spend some romantic time together in Italy,” Landon smirked.

“No, I’m not happy, more like depressed. I actually hate you, more than I used to. Every time I see your face!” she hissed through clenched teeth.

“Oh, how mean. But in the end, I can still make you pant with want over my body and the way I touch you,” he smiled and dodged her punch while laughing like a little boy.

“Seriously, when I get my mate back, I won’t hesitate to tell him about you,” she growled lowly.

“I won’t let that happen, Sunshine. You know that’s one of my reasons for going,” he said seriously, mouth in a grim line.

“We’ll see about that,” she retorted before stalking off to the truck. She’d accomplish her goal of bringing back her mate and would go through many obstacles to do so. Santana would do anything for Nova.

The ride to the airport was quiet; Derek drove while Santana stared out at the window, beginning to feel home sick already. Especially since the pull to her mate was strongly trying to haul her back. It was horrible, just thinking that she was going to be in a different country than her mate and family.

Driving into the empty parking space, behind them, one of their pack members got out to drive it back. There were six of them in the truck, so once Elle finally said yes and came back with them, there would be no room. Sighing, Santana went to grab her suitcase but groaned as Landon took it before she could.

“A gentleman won’t let a lady do that. So of course I will, just for you Sunshine,” he smiled at her scrunched up forehead. Her heart beat excitedly, feeling embarrassed over his courteousness. And he was able to hear her rapid heart rate increase, which told him how much he affected her. It was infuriating! Blushing, Santana turned away from him. Across the truck, Damon snickered. He loved seeing her flustered, and enjoyed every minute of it while his mate only shook her head at him.

“Leave her alone Damon, she’s been through a lot already. You don’t have to add to her embarrassment,” Scarlett said while trying to be serious, even though laughter shone in her bright honey coloured eyes.

“I can’t help it; her face is so funny when she gets mad. No wonder everyone likes to tease her.”

“Shut it,” Santana glared while walking towards the airport entrance. She had a feeling it was going to be a long journey, guessing Nesta had the same idea. Suddenly remembering the old woman, she ran back to the truck to see Derek already helping with her luggage. Santana smiled, loving the sweet side of her friend. Nesta only chuckled at him, and patted his shoulder. Since Derek had so much already of both his and Nesta’s stuff, Santana jumped in to help.

“Here, I’ll carry some of it,” she took it out of his hands while he mumbled his refusal.

“No, I can carry it,” he stared into her gold eyes, showing…love? She hated when he looked at her like that, it made her feel open and revealed somehow.

Shaking her head at him, she pulled Nesta along towards the entrance. She didn’t want to see the looks he was giving her any more than Landon’s sexy but infuriating appearance. Yes, Landon was good looking alright. But sometimes she wished she could turn him into someone he surely wasn’t; someone who was kind, like Derek.

Once they were all settled with their luggage and security, they waited in the lobby until their flight was called.

“I can’t believe this is my first flight,” Santana smiled nervously in her seat beside Derek.

“I know, I can’t either,” he laughed.

Putting on their seatbelts, the flight attendant stood at the front with a little speaker in her hand. Santana smelled something on her, which was strange. Not knowing what it was, she turned to Derek who winked at her.

*She’s a vampire,* he mind linked her.

*What? Really?! No wonder she’s so…*

*What? You can’t really tell these days, they keep hidden pretty well,* he looked up at the flight attendant.

*I know. She looks like a human, but her smell is just, it smells strong like blood and vinegar,* Santana nodded *How could you tell then?*

*I-I uh, had a vampire girlfriend before,* he mumbled turning his head to look at some human to avert his gaze.

*Oh,* was all she said, feeling a bit sad. Well of course he’d had girlfriends; he was at least twenty-four or twenty-five.

“Ladies and Gentlemen welcome aboard!” the female vampire spoke happily, eyeing up all the people. Santana shivered, knowing that the woman thought them all a bunch of meat. Once the woman’s eyes landed on Santana and her friends, she glared. Yeah, werewolves and vampires don’t get along…Santana didn’t understand why, but she guessed it was because her kind and witches worked together against the vampire species. And those vampires smelled like they just came from a bloody massacre! It was disgusting.

The flight attendant carried on her speech, “Please make sure that all carry-on items are stowed away in either an overhead compartment or underneath the seat in front of you. If there are any problems with storing your items, please let a flight attendant know and we’ll be happy to help you.”

Santana shook her head. *Yeah, right. She’d leave us for dead if anything happened,* she mind linked Derek who laughed in response.

“If you’re seated in an emergency exit row, then please read the information on the passenger safety card which is located in the back pocket of the seat in front of you. If you do not understand the criteria for seating in this row, or if you do not wish to assist in an emergency, let a crewmember know; we will be happy to reseat you.”

*Yeah, she’d like to reseat us. Right off the plane,* Santana snickered.

Derek only rolled his eyes in response to her humour towards the female vamp.

“Prior to departure, cell-phones or any other electronic devices must be turned off and stowed. Once again, we welcome you onboard!”

Doing what the female vamp said to do, Santana stowed away their carry-on bags and turned off her cell-phone. She didn’t want to disrupt the flight in any way, her nerves eating away at her. She watched plenty of movies where bad things happened, read books about those horrible situations as well. She remembered one of her childhood babysitters’ who put on the movie “Alive” that came out in 1993. At ten years old, watching a plane crash in the wilderness was frightening. It was especially terrifying when the people started eating other dead passengers for food, becoming cannibals. She was traumatized for life. Thinking back, the babysitter even let her watch the first Scream movie.

It was a sixteen hour flight. Santana was tired and a bit ornery as the seats were packed tight with so many passengers. Looking to her left, she stared at Derek who had his eyes closed. His face seemed pale, dark bags under his eyes. He looked so haggard from lack of rest; she could tell that he hardly slept since the battle incident. Derek couldn’t hide what was bothering him from her, she’d find out eventually. Some nights she’d wake up to find him crawling in next to her, whimpering. She never asked him about it, knowing that it would only make him feel uncomfortable.

Sighing, she averted her gaze from his face and stared down at her hand that was so close yet so far from his on the armrest next to hers. If she lifted it slightly, and brought it over his, what would happen? The thought had her heart beating just a bit faster than it was earlier, catching Landon’s attention who hissed at her angrily from the other side of the plane.

*Stop staring at him,* his voice interrupted her thoughts, itching to get through the barrier of her mind.

*Who are you to tell me what to do? Mind your own business,* she replied, huffing as she folded her arms over her chest.

*I am your mate, and your business is my business,* he said in all seriousness, his eyes burning into her face. She turned her head to stare out the window, blocking out anyone from reaching her through the mind link. Of course she could still feel the jabbing against the barrier that let people reach her, but it completely blocked out what they were saying to her.

Santana could feel her eyes drooping, feeling a tad bit dizzy from being up on such a high altitude. The loud echoing of the plane’s engine buzzed in the background, making her ears pop. Looking down at her carry-on bag underneath the seat in front of her, she reached down; remembering from experience of being high in the mountains on what could remedy it. Rummaging through the black hole she called a bag, she finally found the pack of gum she’d been searching for. Flipping open the Wrigley’s 5 Cobalt flavoured gum package, she unwrapped the shiny navy blue wrapper and folded the piece of gum before putting it in her mouth. The peppermint aroma filled her nostrils as she chewed, the powerful taste freshening. Santana turned once again towards Derek, whose black brows were furrowed as if in deep pain or torture.

“Derek?” she whispered, pushing his shoulder slightly. He awoke startled and confused, eyes wide as if he wasn’t aware of his surroundings.

“What? Sorry, I was having a nightmare,” he breathed out, running a hand through his thick brown hair.

“I thought so. Here, chew a piece of gum, it might calm your nerves and the damn popping in your ears,” she smiled at him calmly.

He nodded, taking the gum from her held out hand. Instead of doing it himself, he stopped and looked at her, eyes full of something she guessed was humour and…lust?

“Feed it to me?” he whispered, knowing full well that anyone with super hearing could hear what he’d said. She blushed, shaking her head at him.

And then that’s when he tugged on her heartstrings. Derek pouted like a sad puppy dog, bringing her compassion out. She couldn’t understand how easily he could dupe her into anything, but in reality, he could and whenever he wanted to at that.

“Seriously, I can’t believe you,” she mumbled while discarding the navy blue paper in the little baggy in front of her seat. Without warning, she shoved the piece of gum in his mouth roughly. He choked, but she could tell he was just pretending.

“You’re mean,” he hid his face away from her, trying to act sad when his face was bright like a cheery and was grinning like he’d just won the lottery.

A low growl echoed about the room, thankfully none of the passengers seemed to notice as the plane buzzed louder. Santana caught Landon staring at them; face crimson and jaw clenched tight. Damon’s voice probed at the barrier trying to get a message through the mind link,

*Can you please stop trying to cause a scene just for our own benefit? It’s boring, but we have around eight hours left until we land, so I suggest you sit tight,* she looked around but didn’t see him. Sitting up slightly, she saw him two rows down behind them with Scarlett at his side. Her head lay on Damon’s shoulder, sleeping away like she was at home in her own bed. The smirk on his face showed that he thought what just happened funny as hell. Raising her golden brow at him, she shook her head.

*Okay come on, I know he pisses you off constantly, but don’t make him get so jealous like that. You know the consequence of doing that with what happened among Nova and I…* he trailed off, ending the conversation before closing his eyes to rest.

*Don’t remind me. I’m just so bored, and it wasn’t me in the first place. Derek made me do it.*

*Sure,* she heard the doubt laced in his tone.

Huffing, she turned back to stare at the seat in front of her. A service cart passed by, being pushed by the vampire flight attendant who had dark blood red hair that was tied up into a very neat bun, and burgundy lipstick. Surprisingly, her eyes were brown, not red. She was pretty, Santana noticed, but wondered what she’d look like in her true form. Shivering, she looked up to see the cart had stopped at their row, and the woman met eyes with hers. It was one of those glances that gave her a certain feeling from deep within.

“You’re a witch too?” the vampire named Vanessa, according to her name tag whispered quietly, so that no human would hear.

“What?” she replied while looking around, checking that no humans heard? 

“A witch, like the other female werewolf you came with?”

“Why do you want to know?”

“Oh, no reason,” was all she said before pushing the service cart forward.

Frowning, she looked over at Nesta who sat behind Landon’s row. Of course old Nesta was fast asleep. Smiling, Santana cuddled up to Derek, resting her head against his shoulder and his head against hers. They looked like a couple, which caused her to grin like an idiot.

Was she changing her mind?

Did Nova and she have a chance to be together again?

Santana closed her eyes, and opened her mind to all the possibilities that could happen in her future. She could feel herself falling into a deep sleep. There were eight hours left of the flight, and once she woke up, there was no turning back. She’d try with all her might to attain Elle’s help, and then once Nova’s memories returned, they’d be happy again.

Would it really be the same?

END OF CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.7K 2.1K 38
Sierra is the alpha's daughter and only child, yet she's kept hidden in the pack house like some best kept secret. Her father never includes her in p...
1.4K 59 43
My name is Rosetta Fall and my family are werewolves, my father is the Alpha of our pack and my mother is the Luna, my parents wanted me to take over...
713K 21K 33
Madison James, seventeen year old werewolf, is miserable. Her father abuses her every day for stupid reasons like tripping over her own two feet, he...
89.2K 3.3K 50
"If anyone finds out the truth, I can't stay with my family." I muttered squeezing my arms tighter around my knees. "Then let me help you." My head r...