The Puppeteer

By WwGrey

Lilith Frost is dead. She was one of the best they had, and she was dead. Kiyohime Ikari was born, and she re... More

Author's Note
Lilith
27 More Days
Moving Day
God
You're my new neighbor?!
A Day Spent.
The Offer
L
The Dots to be Connected
Naomi and Raye
Detailed Records
Confirmation
Author's Note - 2
I'll be Waiting for the Evidence
Ehehehe
Raye Penber's Report
Light's Date - Yuri
A Beautiful Situation
To-Oh University
"I want to tell you I'm L."
Some Tennis, A Coffee, and A Heartattack
Cursed
The Kira Tapes
A Second Kira
I need some advice, please!
Announcement!
The Second Kira
Come Over..?
But if You Were
Yes, I do.
The New Formed Couple
Heartbreak
Insight
Cotton Candy
Winchester, London
Forever
BB
Author's Note - 3
Prospect
The Return of the Plot
Frustrations and Risks
Cuffs Uncuffed
Planting Seeds
Misa
Seeds That Grow

Hope

549 40 24
By WwGrey

[Slightly explicit content ahead! You have been warned.]

"Light, there you are!" A high-pitched voice squealed, "I had a photoshoot nearby so I thought I'd come by to see you!" Girlish giggles filled the air as Light froze in his spot, his eyes snapping to Kiyo only to find her looking straight ahead, her face as though it had been set into a rigid mold. 

L had stopped in his tracks as well, his eyes wide as Misa Amane approached the trio, walking with a skip in her step but also trying to look sexy, making her walk turn out to be an awkward flip-floppy gait as she bent at the hip and looked up from her neck.

'Misa you idiot!' Light screeched in his head, cursing the moronic woman that had thrown herself into his life and refused to move no matter how much Light tried to lug her out of it.

He was finally going to speak to Kiyo about everything, tell her that he didn't care for anyone but her. Hell, he couldn't give a damn about what happened to Kiyomi or Misa, he only wanted Kiyohime! But Misa just had to fucking ruin it all by giving a guest appearance. That bloody pea-brained burden of a girl! If it wasn't for Rem, he would have killed her the moment she said she wanted him to be her boyfriend.

"Hi there, I'm Light's girlfriend, Misa Amane," She said directly to L, completely ignoring Kiyo who stood just next to him, "Nice to meet you!"

"I'm.. Hideki Ryuga," L spoke lowly, slightly thrown off by the fact that Misa had just introduced herself as Light's girlfriend while Light had only a few minutes ago informed both of them that Kiyomi was his girlfriend. Even though L thought Light was Kira, he definitely didn't think he could be a two-timing cheat, but oh well.

"Huh..? Hideki Ryuga..?" Misa said more to herself, her eyes trailing up his face to look above his head, but Light had stepped in immediately, grabbing the girl by her shoulders.

"Yeah, he has the exact same first and last names as an idol. Pretty bizarre, huh?"

Misa continued to stare at the empty space above L's head, which looked so odd but apparently no one questioned it, as Light's lips tugged up into a smirk. A vicious smirk that was dripping with evil, however, that smirk faltered as soon as he glanced at L who was giggling to himself.

It was amusing, to say the least, to watch Light struggle to find mistakes he had made so that he could guess what L was laughing about, but Kiyo needed to keep up the act. So she silently watched, standing back in the shadows, as L created a scene, gathering a crowd and running around like a horny perverted teenager that got his kicks in life from touching women without consent and acting cute about it. Kiyo never liked this scene very much, even though it was only so that L could grab Misa's phone to make sure Light couldn't contact her. It was just the way Misa had laughed it off that made her uncomfortable.

The show went by quickly, coming to an abrupt end when Misa's manager rushed her to her next photo shoot, clearing the audience that surrounded them and leaving herself, L, and Light standing alone once more, and we all know what happened after that.

Light excusing himself, trying to call Misa only to find her cell phone was with L, trying to call Misa's third cell L had no idea about, and L informing Light about Misa being apprehended under the suspicion of being the second Kira.

Boring!

Quite frankly, Light should have seen that move coming from miles away! I mean, seriously?! Misa may have asked her 'friend' to record and pack and even post the tapes but she was her friend! Besides, the whole process of making the tapes happened at her house, so irrespective of whether it was the other girl's fingerprints that matched, the police would still be ultimately let to Misa since she was the one in contact with their prime suspect!

And here we were, thinking Light was actually smart.

He was smart, there wasn't any doubt about it, but he was much more gullible, ignorant, and rather artless when it came to actually thinking things through - which is what Kiyo was going to take advantage of.

The time to rest and relax was now gone. It was finally time to get to work, finally time to step in, because the show was at long last about to start and things were going to become much much more interesting.

1st June 2007:

It was getting exceedingly difficult to breathe in that room as the tension steadily continued to increase - tension between the father and the son, the criminal and the detectives, and the love and his lover.

He couldn't get himself to look at her, he just couldn't, because he had already made the mistake of connecting eyes with her, only to find her fists clenched by her sides and an almost betrayed expression on her face, and that was the only one look of hers that he deeply hated.

Then L spoke with a sigh, breaking the suffocating silence in the room, "Honestly I don't like the way that this is going at all, but what choice do I have?" He sounded sad, upset even, that Light had actually asked this of him even though he didn't really know or understand his motives behind it, "Let's do it," He said after a while, "I need you to fully restrain Light Yagami, and place him in solitary confinement."

"What?! You can't!" Soichiro protested with wide eyes.

"You want us to confine him, seriously?!" Matsuda exclaimed.

But L knew he had to think with his head in the right place, "If we're going to do this then it has to happen immediately. From this point on you can't be allowed to go anywhere where I can't see you."

"This is crazy! There's no way my son could be Kira. My son's not capable of-"

"It's okay, dad," Light finally said, trying to convince his father, "Listen," He spoke grimly, "Something has to be done about this," Light looked to L, "As long as I'm having these doubts, I can't work with you to catch Kira, but Ryuzaki, promise me this, until you can say with absolute certainty that I'm not Kira you cannot set me free, no matter what I might say or what condition I might be in."

"You have my word," L replied quietly before turning to Light's distraught father, "Mr. Yagami, can you come up with some sort of excuse for Light's absence, something to tell your family? And please do it now."

"But- this is all so sudden- what should I say?" Soichiro spluttered, "A-and then I see no reason why he should be in prison."

But Light knew he had to do this, no matter what his father or any other detective on the force says, he needed to do this, for the sake of a better world, "Let it go dad," He said, "If I don't do this, I won't be able to live with myself."

"But son, do you really.. mean that?"

"Yeah, I- I believe that by giving up my very freedom, I'll defeat this fear that Kira lurks within me."

"Very well then," L concluded before locking eyes with Kiyo and giving her a subtle nod, "Miss Ikari, if you could please prepare Light for his solitary confinement."

-----------------------------------

The two had been left alone in a completely unsupervised room, a request Kiyo had privately made to L, who had agreed despite himself, knowing that the two teenagers had become great friends through the course of the investigation, and the two were deeply thankful for that.

It wasn't until Light felt the teardrop sliding down the back of his wrist did he realize that Kiyo had been silently crying as she confiscated his jacket, his wallet, his phone, his watch, the broken shirt button he had stuffed into his pocket in a hurry that morning, the little scrap piece of paper that had been hiding in a corner of the very same pocket since god knows how many years now, just every last thing that was on him before beginning to seal them away in airtight plastic pouches.

She worked silently, sniffling a little every now and then, a sound that sent shocks of guilt through Light. She didn't speak to him and he was worried that was how it was going to be even when she led him to his confinement. He wanted to talk to her one last time, but he knew better, so he kept quiet and continued to watch Kiyo's shaky hands work. 

He watched as Kiyo kept distracting herself, doing one task after another, quickly, swiftly, not letting her brain think about anything other than what she was doing, but once all that work came to an end, she simply stood there, staring at the ground, wanting to say something, but not knowing how to say it.

The silence was becoming too much for her, and Light could see that, he could see how close she was to speaking, saying something to him, and at this point, he didn't care if it was her shouting at him, or her accusing him or taunting him, he just wanted to hear her voice, though that instantly changed when Kiyo actually spoke, her usually calm and confident voice sounding too broken for Light to be able to be happy about her ending her silence with him.

"You told me Misa doesn't mean anything to you, and then you willingly walk into solitary confinement for her?" She asked, but Light could hear just how much she didn't believe her own words, and that made him smile.

"I'm not doing this for her," He said softly before grabbing her wrist, caressing the inside of it with his thumb, "I'm doing this for myself," A deep breath, "I'm doing this for.. for us."

"I know," Kiyo said, finally letting an audible sob escape her lips as Light immediately pulled her into a hug, letting the girl cry on his shoulder while he soothingly rubbed her back, "I just-" She started but was cut off by her own sob, "I just don't understand why you must put yourself through this," The girl tried to plead, tried to convince him with words muffled by the neck she had once so lovingly kissed and caressed.

She cared. She still cared.

"I hope you know that I'm going to make things okay," Light said after a while, pulling out of the hug and cupping Kiyo's face to wipe the tears flowing down her cheeks with his thumb, "As soon as my confinement comes to an end," He whispered, looking deep into her vulnerable deep green eyes that made him fall even further, "I'm going to make sure it's just you and me, and no one else. I promise you this."

And with that, he pressed his lips to hers, sealing the promise with the gesture. He felt her hands tangle themselves into his hair as she pushed him back, making him stumble to the floor before she straddled him, tugging his hair and making him whimper against her lips. 

The two had kissed many times before, too many times to be able to count anymore, but this.. this was something different. They didn't have time now, time they genuinely wanted but couldn't afford. It wasn't desperate or full of want and desire, it was needy, it was filled with the need to satisfy each other before Light left and before they were separated for so long, and Light could feel that need as his body pressed against Kiyo's in the heated kiss.

He felt that need when she pulled his hair, he felt it when she tugged on his lip, he felt it when she lost herself in his meek touch. He felt it when she pulled off his shirt, he felt it when she pressed her lips to his shoulder, he felt it when she marked the skin there as hers, he felt it when she soothed every bite with a gentle kiss and a flick of her tongue. He lost himself, gasping and moaning and mewling into her mouth as he had done every single time before. He was a teenager once again that wanted nothing more than the girl in front of her, a teenager that was hurting because he was so head over heels for someone.

But they were running out of time, which meant they had to stop, even if it was the last thing they wanted to do. So, gently peppering his sensitive chest with the kisses and the bites he loved so much, Kiyo stopped once she had decorated his skin with every possible mark a lover could give. 

"I'll miss you," Light murmured, burying his face in his girl's neck, his chest still heaving as he breathed deep and shallow breaths.

"I'll miss you too," Kiyo replied, before placing a chaste kiss against his forehead, leaving her boy with the hope that she would be there, waiting for him to return.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

742 42 17
π‘‘π‘–Β·π‘šπ‘–π‘›Β·π‘’Β·π‘‘π‘–π‘£π‘’ - extremely or unusually small. ──────── π‘ͺπ’‰π’Šπ’šπ’ π‘¨π’π’Œπ’Š had died a painful death in her previous life due to h...
9.7K 209 6
After agreeing to join the Task Force in an investigation for the "Kira case", Y/n meets Misa Amane, a girl who just so happens to be one of the susp...
464K 22.5K 35
To L, she was an unknown piece in the giant game of chess he was playing with Kira. Or rather, she was the wildcard third person that had enough infl...
7K 645 32
"Heads or tails?" He asked nonchalantly, the coin dancing between his fingers. "Head." She replied, and he raised a brow. The mixture of confusion an...