The Puppeteer

By WwGrey

Lilith Frost is dead. She was one of the best they had, and she was dead. Kiyohime Ikari was born, and she re... More

Author's Note
Lilith
27 More Days
Moving Day
God
You're my new neighbor?!
A Day Spent.
The Offer
L
The Dots to be Connected
Naomi and Raye
Detailed Records
Confirmation
Author's Note - 2
I'll be Waiting for the Evidence
Ehehehe
Raye Penber's Report
Light's Date - Yuri
A Beautiful Situation
To-Oh University
"I want to tell you I'm L."
Some Tennis, A Coffee, and A Heartattack
Cursed
The Kira Tapes
A Second Kira
I need some advice, please!
Announcement!
The Second Kira
Come Over..?
But if You Were
Yes, I do.
Heartbreak
Insight
Cotton Candy
Hope
Winchester, London
Forever
BB
Author's Note - 3
Prospect
The Return of the Plot
Frustrations and Risks
Cuffs Uncuffed
Planting Seeds
Misa
Seeds That Grow

The New Formed Couple

727 48 37
By WwGrey

[Just mentions of explicit stuff]

25th May 2007:

Just a week ago he had been sitting in Kiyo's living room with her tongue down his throat, just a week ago he had received the most memorable bruises of his life, just a week ago he had melted into this puddle of pleasure that was mewling and moaning and gasping just from a little make-out session, and now here he was.

When Light had reached the task force HQ the next day, he had been informed that Kiyo had taken a week's holiday to prepare for some important upcoming exam, which Light was almost thankful for since he was too embarrassed to actually face her at that moment, but by the end of the day, as his work came to an end, Light couldn't help but miss her.

What was Kiyo doing right now? Would she be studying or would she be taking a break? He wondered what she might have been wearing.. and he wondered if she was thinking about him too.

When his cab pulled up in front of his house, Light's feet seemed to have just started independently walking as he soon found himself standing in front of Kiyo's door and knocking at it with only slight hesitance.

But his hesitance washed away the moment Kiyo opened the door, rolled her eyes with a sexy smirk on her face, and pulled him into one of the best kisses of his life.

And this routine continued for the whole week.

Light found himself spending more time at the Ikari household than he spent at his own place. They didn't talk about the investigation, they didn't talk about him being Kira, they didn't talk about the university or their studies. They both completely disregarded any fact that made their lives anything more than normal and just spoke like two best friends would, just like.. maybe a couple would, and Light knew he was beginning to enjoy that a bit too much.

The fluttering in his chest was no longer limited to when they kissed, but rather just happened any time she made physical contact with him or did something like make tea for him without him having asked her to. He found himself losing a bit more control every time she pulled him into a make-out session, and he found himself becoming louder every time she started marking the skin of his neck. Light honestly couldn't wait to find out what it would be like to go all the way with her.

And yet, despite everything they had done throughout the week, here he was - sitting on the floor with his arms wrapped around a sobbing Misa Amane.

It disgusted him, repulsed him that he had to hold someone this way who wasn't Kiyo. Now that he knew what exactly even a simple touch had the capability of doing to him, any other from anyone else just simply sickened him, however he couldn't just forget his duties as Kira for this pleasure trip, no matter how much he had fallen in love with it.

As he held Misa in his hands, his mind wandered off to just the previous day when Kiyo had finally actually pressed her knee into his excitement, rather than just keeping it hovering around, a bit too far for his liking. She hadn't done anything, hadn't moved her leg around, hadn't gone past anything she had done for the past few days, but this little extra combined with her electrifying touches and kisses almost had him finishing in his pants, but she had stopped just before he could - as always.

"I'll try my hardest to make you love me," Misa had promised.

Even just the thought of it made Light scoff.

How could he ever 'love' someone like her? Someone so needy, so dependent? Someone who didn't even understand, who couldn't even understand what he wanted? He wasn't going to put in his efforts to please this submissive little creature that had left her weight in his arms and agreed to become his puppet. The only thing he could do to a moldable piece of waste like her was to use and throw her away as soon as he didn't need her anymore. 

What was the point of even loving Misa? He wanted a queen by his side, not a self-sacrificing servant at his feet. The highest position he could give her was of a scullery maid, for the way she behaved she didn't even deserve being called a loyal subject.

Besides, he already knew who exactly he wanted his queen to be. He had already found the one woman he was ready to share his power, his passion, and his obsession with. He had found the woman that could help him, guide him, please him, satisfy him, and he didn't need such lowly pawns trying to squeeze their way into a position he wouldn't even allow their filthy hands to clean. His 'Hime' was the only one that could touch that throne he had especially carved out within his heart.

But alas, not everything always goes as planned.

"Light..?"

A slightly shaky voice snapped him out of his thoughts about Kiyo. Light's eyes widened to the size of saucers as his heart dropped to the pit of his stomach. His eyes immediately looked for the watch on his study table to find that it was indeed no longer his time. It was usually 9 in the evening when Light went to Kiyo's house, and right now it was almost 10.30.

Kiyo may have wanted to meet him, and so she must have decided to go to his house herself.

So here she was. At the door of his room. With her hand tightly gripping the door handle. While she stared at the newly formed couple on the floor.

The strain in her voice as she called out his name made Light's heartache in ways he never knew was possible and he certainly didn't want to feel it ever again, but he knew after what had happened, that would be a rather difficult thing to achieve.

Misa had scrambled back up to her feet as soon as she heard Kiyo's voice, shyly smoothing down her dress as she tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear, her cheeks turning pink.

Light slowly stood up as well, locking his eyes with Kiyo's as soon as he turned around, only to find a teasing expression on her face. It surprised him for a moment before he noticed the incessant tapping of her foot on his hardwood floor and her grip on the doorframe which had her knuckles turning white. This was all an act.

"Uh.. I just came here for some University business, but it seems you're kinda," Kiyo said before wiggling her eyebrows and looking between Light and Misa, "Busy."

Kiyo laughed as Misa tried to shake her head and deny what she was insinuating, but failed miserably as the blush on her face became fiery red.

"No matter," Kiyo continued after a moment, "I'll just talk to Light later," She said before turning to him, "Make sure you show your girlfriend a good time," She winked at him before smiling at Misa and closing the door as she left the two of them alone in the room...

And Light could only think about how he had just messed up one of the best fucking things to have happened to him.

-----------------------------------

"Kiyo? Kiyo open the door!" Light shouted, rapping his fist against the wooden door of Kiyo's house, pausing only to let his words be heard clearly "Look, I- I know you're mad at me, but please, at least let me explain myself!"

Light had rushed to Kiyo's house the moment Misa left his place. He didn't know why he felt the need to run after a girl like this, but he did, and he had acted upon that need before he could dwell much on it - something Light had found himself doing quite often nowadays.

He clicked his tongue before deciding to bang his fist on the door one last time, try one last time to tell Kiyo the truth, try one last time to save whatever little relationship they had built over the week, but before his fists met the door, it swung open revealing a wide-eyed Kiyo.

"Jeez Light," She muttered, "I was just in the toilet," She said before opening the door wider to let the now flabbergasted boy in.

Light walked into the house he had visited so many times now, and habitually walked to his 'designated' seat at Kiyo's dinner table, waiting for her to walk to him and quickly pull out the chair for him to sit on as she usually did, but that never happened. 

Kiyo just stood in her place, a few feet away from him. Her hands were folded over her chest as she jerked back her head to get rid of the messy strand of hair that had fallen across her face to cover her eye. Light just wanted to run his fingers through her dark curls. His hand itched to tuck the rebellious lock of hair behind her ear, but he knew that if he tried any of that now, Kiyo would bite his hand off his body.

"Are you mad at me?" He quietly asked looking away from her, the floor suddenly seeming much more interesting to him. Getting ready for the onslaught of tears and fiery rage he knew he was going to be bombarded with, Light stood in his spot bravely, preparing his apology speech, however, the only thing he was bombarded with was Kiyo's sweet sweet laughter.

And not the maniacal cackling he had been an unfortunate witness to, it was Kiyo's melodious and soft laugh that sent the butterflies in his stomach dancing and fluttering about.

"I'm not mad at you, darling," She said with a certain smile on her lips and a certain twinkle in her eyes, "You're you, and you have to do the things you need to do."

Light watched as Kiyo slowly unfolded her arms and walked up to him, pulling out a chair for him, his chair for him.

"Who am I to even try and stop you from doing what you think is necessary?" She said taking a seat in her own usual chair from across him, "I told you I'm here to support you and be your confidant, I understand when you have to do things like these to keep situations under your control."

A relieved sigh left his lips as Light leaned back into the chair with his eyes closing. This was another one of the many reasons he wanted Kiyo to be the one by his side. She understood him so well, she understood his actions and his intentions so well, it almost boggled his mind.

"I've had the worst day ever," Light suddenly said a moment after, "I really don't like Misa, and touching her and agreeing to act as her boyfriend was just revolting.."

He sighed another sigh before looking up to meet Kiyo's eyes, slightly hesitating, "Could you.. could you come here?"

Kiyo only smiled at him before rolling her eyes yet nodding as she stood up and walked to him, wrapping her hands around him and pulling him into a tight hug.

However, as sweet as her action was, Kiyo's usual response to that question of his would be to kiss him till he forgot everything that had made his day bad, but maybe she just thought right now a hug would make him feel better..?

Not thinking much of the lack of intimacy from Kiyo, Light proceeded to grab her by the back of her neck and lean in, initiating the make-out session himself for once, but as soon as he did so, Kiyo had jumped out of his hold as though he had electrocuted her.

Light didn't even register what had happened for a long second, and even when he did, all he could do was stare at her with his mouth gaping like a fish's.

"I- wha-?" Light began but was immediately cut off by Kiyo.

"I don't think you understand what has happened here, Light," She said with a pained smile on her face, "I said I understand everything you did, and I said that I'm here to support you and be your confidant, but that doesn't mean these things don't affect me."

When Light didn't respond for a few moments, Kiyo continued talking, "Fake or real, it doesn't matter, but in Misa's eyes, you are her boyfriend," She slowly lifted her hand to run her fingers through his hair, which he graciously accepted as he leaned into her touch and closed his eyes, knowing that what was about to come was definitely not going to be nice, "Till you don't sort out this whole fake boyfriend situation, we can meet every day for dinner as we did for the past week, we can talk about anything in the world you want to talk about, we can cuddle as much as you like, but that is about it."

Light hated it. Light hated every single word coming out of Kiyo's mouth at that moment. She wasn't some side chick that he was going to be with while his 'real' relationship was with Misa. She was the real relationship! But Light also knew that Kiyo was a woman that valued herself, that had something called self-respect which most women around him seemed to lack, and so he kept quiet, letting her continue and letting her say the words that he knew were going to only hurt him and only make him regret his decision to be Misa's fake boyfriend.

"As long as you're Misa's boyfriend," Kiyo shakily said, kissing his forehead in a way that made Light feel like this was the last time she was doing it, "The best and the most our relation can be is that of best friends, nothing less, but nothing more either."

And that right there.. was a lot of damage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

468K 22.7K 35
To L, she was an unknown piece in the giant game of chess he was playing with Kira. Or rather, she was the wildcard third person that had enough infl...
657K 24K 100
Winner of DeathNoteAwards Golden Apple section, Highest Ranking: #1 in Deathnote [COMPLETED] ACTION PACKED in the later chapters --- (Y/N) Lives in t...
1.6K 55 53
Young Ori Nanase is your average high school student: smart, pretty, fun, but things get weird when her best friend, Light Yagami, starts acting weir...
14K 442 22
I'm known as 11 by Watari. That is my name. I don't have anything else as my name. My parents died right after my birth by a murderer. I never wanted...