The Other Side - Katsuki Baku...

By InsanityCipher

'The next time we meet will be on opposite ends of a battlefield.' ~ Hinami Hata. The adopted daughter of Pre... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.5
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 18.5
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Announcement!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 38.5
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 44.5
Chapter 44.5.5
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 17

136 7 0
By InsanityCipher

As soon as we arrived at our destination, I vaulted over a surprised Katsuki and sprinted out of the bus.

"Wait for us!" Kiri yelled after me, struggling to unbuckle himself. I jumped out and waved at Thirteen, who waved back with just as much vigour.

"Ohhh Hinami! It's been so long! Look at you, you've grown so much!" They squealed happily, inspecting every inch of me as I giggled a little nervously. Mido came rushing after me.

"Oh my God! I can't believe it!" They straightened up and greeted him.

"Hello there."

"H-hi! I'm Midoriya Izuku. It's nice to meet you!" They shook hands.

"Thirteen!"

"Present Mic, you scoundrel!" Dad wrapped Thirteen in a bear hug as they both laughed.

"Pleasure to see you again." Father clapped them on the back. I turned to face the crowd of my peers staring around in wonder.

"Guess it's time to start!" Thirteen clapped their hands and took their place at the front of everyone as Mido and I joined our friends.

After a long speech where Thirteen explained their quirk, how some quirks could be dangerous, and the reason that they created the USJ, we were all sent off to train.

Still pissed off at Katsuki, I decided to do some physical training. I made my way to the obstacle course.

After about two hours, it was time to take a quick break. Only once I stopped, was I fully able to take in the buzz of activity around me. I could hear Katsuki screaming and blasting across the arena, I could occasionally see bursts of light from Aoyama, and Todoroki seemed to be having a great time trying to make the biggest wall of ice that he possibly could before Mido smashed it back down. Everyone in my eye-line had a smile on their faces. I could see why. This huge space where they had complete free reign with their quirks? Why wouldn't you take full advantage of it? I took one of my mirrors out and looked into my reflection, sighing sadly. Before I could come to any kind of uplifting conclusion, the ground seemingly opened up beneath me and I found myself falling through the darkness.

I fell onto something. No. Someone.

"Ow!"

"Shoji? Sorry!"

"Don't mention it." He propped me upright with one of his dupli-arms.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know. It seems like we were all teleported here. But why?" I shrugged. We were back at the entrance. There was a click. Tenya sped over to the doors and called back.

"They're locked!"

"Locked? Try again!" Father yelled back.

"No use." We all looked around at each other apprehensively. At the other end of the clearing, a large purple... circle of some sort appeared. A feeling of dread burrowed into my stomach.

"Where's All Might?" I asked frantically.

"He was called away to an emergency." Tokoyami replied. Fuck. Then it hit me. The circle was a portal! Out from the portal, a large figure emerged.

It was humongous. It's skin looked like shiny, black leather, it's brain was exposed, and it's eyes looked empty.

Father pulled up his goggles and pushed Mina - who was closest to him - back.

"Kids! Get back! Hizashi, Thirteen, they are our biggest priority!" The three of them got into formation as we all huddled further back. Mido, Tenya, Todo, and Katsuki were working on getting the door open; with little luck. I stayed at the front of the group, unable to take my eyes off of my parents and the monster they were facing.

Thirteen held out their hand to activate their quirk. My breath hitched in my throat. As soon as they started sucking in the material around them, another two portals appeared. One in front of them. And one behind.

"Thirteen!" Kami yelled. They were sucking themself up! They screeched as their suit was pulled off, the voice box malfunctioning and sending out a chilling crackling. Father erased their quirk, and they fell to the floor, unconscious. Their back was bleeding a little, but it didn't look fatal.

"Uraraka! How much of your quirk have you got left?" Yaomomo demanded.

"Enough." She nodded knowingly. Yaomomo made her a small metal shield. Ochaco took it and ran over to Thirteen. The monster took no notice as she managed to move the pro over to the crowd. It was staring down my dads.

"Was that it's quirk?"

"No. I'm erasing it."

"What the-" The thing raised its hands to its face and flexed its fingers, as if it had never seen or used them before. Then, it gave a roar and charged.

"If any of you kids try and help, I'll give you so much detention!" Father bellowed at us, barely dodging a swinging fist. He must have seen me and a few others get ready to jump into action.

Everything was a blur. I was watching as closely as I could but my brain refused to take in anything that was going on around me.

"It keeps regenerating! I thought you were erasing it's quirk!"

"I am! It must have multiple quirks!"

"Impossible! What even is this thing?" It seemed to be getting increasingly frustrated, as if it was trying to do something, but couldn't. Maybe it was trying to use the erased quirk? Eventually, Father had to blink. When he did, the thing smashed its fists into the ground, sending a crack through the ground. It stopped just before Ojiro's feet. He exhaled heavily, relieved. When Father lifted his head again and the monster's second ground smash failed, it seemed to put two and two together. It ran at Father and grabbed him by the leg.

"Shouta!" Dad yelled. It swung my father around and threw him into the wall near us like he was a rag doll. There was a collective scream as he collided with a loud crack. I was torn. I needed to make sure that Father was okay, but I couldn't drag my eyes away from my dad. He stood defiantly in front of the monster. Alone.

"Aizawa is alright! He's just unconscious!" Jiro informed us, her ear to his chest. I still kept my eyes fixed on the two figures in front of me, barely even blinking. Every single muscle in my body was tense. My breath was caught in my throat. Without the support of his husband, Dad's defenses easily fell, though he tried his best. The thing punched his temple and his body crumpled to the floor.

"We opened it!" Tenya ordered. "Everyone get outside! Now!" I ignored him. The thing had picked up my dad's limp body and was shaking it about like a toy.

"Hinami! Out! Now!"

When he didn't respond, he threw him into the floor.

"Dad." I gasped. There was a crack.

"Hinami! I said now!" The thing looked down at my dad. Then, he lifted his foot. My eyes widened.

"Hina-"

"DAD!" I shrieked at the top of my lungs. Without a second of thought, I sprinted forward. My heart was hammering in my chest. I barreled into the thing's side. Because he was unbalanced already, he went staggering, but I was nowhere near strong enough to knock him over completely. Getting out two mirrors, I lobbed one over to the crowd, then used Encase on my dad, putting him out of danger. The creature swung at me, but I dove into the mirror dimension before he could get too close.

As soon as me and my dad popped out of the other side, I handed his worn, bloodied body to Mido. The thing charged towards us, so I ran towards it. Then veered to the left. Confused, it stopped, turned on its heel, then followed me.

"Get out everyone! Take the teachers to safety!"

"But-" Todo started.

"No! You've all exhausted your quirks from training! You'll just get hurt. I only did physical training." I ducked and felt something brush against the top of my head. "Just get out and call my uncle! He'll be able to defeat this thing!"

"And what about you? We're just gonna leave you here to end up like this lot?" Katsuki shouted back.

"He'll have to catch me first!"

"She's right. We're all worn out. But Hinami hasn't been working her quirk today, and she's best suited for evasive maneuvers. Let's get All Might." Yaomomo agreed. Everyone reluctantly started helping to pull the teachers out of USJ and away from this monster.

By the time they'd snuck away, I had finished setting up my trap.

While I was running this thing around in a circle, I had set up my four mirrors in a square shape. When I reached the nearest one, I dropped down, then popped up on the other side. The thing stopped and looked comically between where I was and where I had just appeared. After a roar of fury, it made its way over to me. As soon as it got within reach, I dropped out of existence again and reappeared from another mirror.

My plan was working perfectly.

I wouldn't be able to encase something as big as that with my tiny hand mirrors yet. I'd need a floor-length one at least. And I doubt my half-shatters would stop it. But as long as I could keep it entertained and running around in circles, I didn't even need to engage with it until Toshi got here.

But I guess I underestimated its IQ.

I popped up once more, only to find the thing standing right in front of me. It guessed where I was going to go?! I rolled away to avoid a punch. Then I watched as it picked up the mirror and, keeping eye contact with me, crushed it into tiny pieces. My eyes widened, and I nodded.

"Very clever." We stood, staring at each other for a moment before simultaneously running for the next mirror. I scooped it up a millisecond before it could, but lost the next one. If I missed the last one, I was basically useless. We both ran. I ran as fast as my already tired legs would take me. I ran like my life depended on it.

Because there was a chance that it did.

I reached my hand out to pick up the mirror, but a giant fist hit my side, sending me a couple of feet away and knocking the wind out of me. There was a crunch.

Shit.

It made a raspy noise, almost like it was laughing at me. I looked down at the lone remaining mirror in my hand defeatedly.

"Looks like me and you are having an old-fashioned brawl." I got into a fighting stance. It copied me. There's no way I would win against this thing in a battle of strength. Its fist was bigger than my head! But maybe there was a way to fight smart instead of hard. We ran at each other.

This is no time to panic.

This is no time to hesitate.

This is the time to be a hero.

My friends are depending on me.

As it swung at me, I flung myself onto my knees and slid between its legs. I raised my fist, assuming it had some sort of groin, then chopped the back of its knee with my other hand. It had a miniscule effect, but it was something.

When we faced each other again, a smug look on my face, it flicked out its hands. Claws as long as my fingers shot out of each of its fingers.

"That's new." It growled at me, then charged again. With a yelp, I moved to the side, put one arm around its massive forearm, then punched its elbow inwards. It seemed to work. At first.

Before I could even comprehend what was happening, the elbow popped back into place and it sent me flying across the floor with one swipe of its palm. I hit the ground, a searing pain going through my shoulder.

I ignored it.

I stood up, shook myself loose, then prepared for the next attack. It lumbered over to me, then pushed its fist out again. I grabbed its wrist, swung myself over its arm, then drove my elbow into the base of its spine as hard as I could. It let out a little groan, but seemed fine again after a brief moment. Regeneration quirks are the worst. It turned around and jabbed at my chest. I thought it was going for my head and started to duck. It caught my jaw and my teeth drove into my tongue, lip, and a bit of my cheek. Blood started gushing into my mouth as I fell backwards, struggling to keep upright.. Cursing and wiping my mouth with my sleeve, I retreated slightly and decided to try and find its weak spot. I reasoned that everything has a weak spot.

Come on, Hinami. Think! Use your brain-

That's it! The brain!

I averted my eyes to the thing's exposed brain. Surely that was the answer. A flash of light caught my eye. A shard of a mirror. A sharp shard of a mirror.

I let it get close to me, managed to dodge its strike so that I was behind it, and swung myself up so that I was sitting on its shoulders. Then, I drove the shard into its brain. It let out a loud, animalistic noise of pain. I felt a little bad. Until I remembered how he threw my father and pummeled my dad into the ground. And I twisted the make-shift dagger for good measure. Reaching up, it grabbed me by the shoulders, then flung me over its head like a ball. I hit the ground for the millionth time and I couldn't help but groan in pain.

My shoulder was aching. There was a piercing pain in my jaw. Blood kept filling my mouth and dribbling onto my chin. My chest burned with effort to keep my pants somewhat steady. There were bruises and scrapes covering me, and grazes were stinging at almost every bit of exposed skin.

But I wasn't ready to give up.

Before I could even stand up, the creature grabbed the shard and tossed it to the side, then picked me up, it's large hand wrapping around my torso easily. Yellowish claws were digging into my shoulder blade, and I could feel a trickle of blood run down my back. It squeezed. I was struggling to breathe. If I didn't have so much adrenaline running through my system, I'd be having the biggest panic attack of my life. If I was still conscious, that is. But instead of freaking out, I kicked and thrashed against my captor. To no avail. Slowly, it raised its other hand to my face and clutched my head between its finger and thumb. It gave me an experimental squeeze. When I yelped and it was satisfied that I was awake, it carefully moved my head from left to right. Almost like it was getting a feel for something.

Fear clawed at my chest. My breath caught in my throat. My heart was pounding out of my chest.

A memory played in my mind. A little me sitting in front of a doll house. I had picked up my least favourite doll and was doing the same thing as the creature was doing. Before I pulled her head clean off.

It was going to snap my neck.

A/N

Dude I hate writing fight scenes. I feel like I suck at them because I barely read anything that involves close combat lol. Anyways I hope you're enjoying anyway! Don't be a lurker: vote if you're having fun and leave a comment if you have anything you wanna say :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

876K 34K 91
(Continues in books 2 and 3!) (Y/N) Kayama is attending one of the greatest hero schools in the world... UA! The faculty this year consists of a var...
494K 17.4K 66
A whole lot of fluff. ๐ŸŒธโœจSome agnst too. This is a story filled with soft Bakugo. Miyamoto Katsumi is a shy, nervous girl who came into class 1-A at...
21.7K 1K 50
๐“๐–๐Ž ๐Ž๐… ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“๐’ "๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ง๐จ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ช๐ฎ๐ข๐ซ๐ค, ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›...
863K 35.3K 130
Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his father. It was due to this interest in Quirk...