When Life Gave a Second Chanc...

By Aishwarya5007

Arpana could hear guests murmuring about the bride swap and the judgemental talks on how it is her second mar... More

Plot & Cast (updated version)
Chapter 1 - Is it fate ?
Chapter 2 - Is fate to be blamed again ?
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 - And it happened ...
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (paining hearts)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Not an update
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Not an Update
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Not an update (help needed)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
not an update
Chapter 47
Epilogue
(Nandini's story - part 1)
Nandini's Story (part 2)
Final Bonus Chapter
Sequel ?
Official Sequel

Chapter 46

13.8K 844 149
By Aishwarya5007

Author's POV...

Arpana blinked and blinked, unable to believe what just happened.

Manoj and Vihan were lying on the floor taking their final breath. They were covered in blood and were looking at Arpana as if they were trying to communicate something.
Arjun quickly closed Diya's eyes using his palms.

Nikhil dropped the gun onto the floor after shooting the two criminals. Never in his career as a police officer, there has come a need to use his service revolver.

Of course, it was a draft of a brilliant police officer to leave his sister and niece alone in a situation like this but sometimes people do accidentally make mistakes. However, ever since Nikhil saw the messages exchanged between Vihan and Sakshi, he had informed his squad to be prepared for an encounter regardless of what time it is. When Nikhil and Arjun returned from the restaurant the sight in front of Nikhil was extremely horrid and nerve wrecking but instead of rushing into anything Nikhil wisely took out his service revolver from the car and without a second thought he shot Manoj and Vihan multiple times from the back.

"Nikhil!" Arpana gently said as he dropped his revolver onto the floor. She was scared! Of course the bastards deserved to die but fear clouded her mind thinking how badly this could impact her brother's future. And just like that Arpana broke down into more tears. The whole incident just traumatised her more than anything.

Arjun slowly walked in front of Arpana, knelt down and put his hand around her shoulders to comfort her. As a response Arpana leaned her head onto Arjun's chest, wrapped her hands around Arjun and cried.
Seeing Arpana cry like this just triggered Diya more. She wouldn't stop her tears as well no matter what. Arjun was in a helpless state as well as he didn't know what step to take next.

Together the family of three cuddled each other and cried.
Nikhil watched them and wiped away the few drops of tears that were trying to roll down his eyes.
Nikhil didn't know how to process his act. The only thing he knew was that Nikhil had to do this for his sister. In front of others, it may be wrong but morally and being a police officer, Nikhil did the right thing. If it was not for him who would save and protect his sister?

Nikhil wasn't sure what was awaiting him next but he knew he was not afraid to face it.

..................

2 years later

..................

It has been two years since that hideous incident. After that incident, Deepak made Arjun and Arpana attend regular counselling sessions with one of most leading psychologists in town. In the beginning they were attending the sessions quite frequently in a week. Eventually it had reduced and slowly once they were healed both emotionally and physically they're no longer seeking the help.

Of course Nikhil had to face a few trials in the court but eventually Nikhil was let free by the court as Manoj's and Vihan's intentions were proven to be dangerous in the court and because a police officer legally has the right to encounter a dangerous criminal, especially if they have a weapon to attack a innocent person. However, Nikhil was suspended for 6 months as he did the act when he was off duty.

..................

Nikhil and Sakshi were pronounced as divorced today. For the final formalities they had arrived at the court. After signing the final papers, Nikhil and Sakshi were coming out of the courtroom. Sakshi had tears in her eyes. Nikhil managed to show no expressions, even though he was burning from the inside.

Just when Nikhil opened the door to his car Sakshi called out Nikhil's name with a lot of hesitation. When she said his name Nikhil turned around and saw Sakshi.

Slowly Sakshi inched closer to Nikhil with tears ready to roll down any second.

"One of the saddest things is when two people get to know each other, their secrets, their fears, favourite things, what they love/hate and just everything. It's like you have to walk past them and pretend like you never knew them, never ever talked to them before when really, you know everything about them....

From now on we will be like that too right?

It's sad

But life is like that sometimes, right?" Sakshi asked Nikhil, wiping away the tears that finally rolled down.

It wasn't easy for Nikhil either but he knew that divorce was the only option for them. They would never be compatible again or be able to live the way they used to, especially after Nikhil being the reason for Vihan's death, so divorce was the only wise option. It's not like Nikhil didn't fight for their love and marriage but it was becoming impossible day by day to face her. Sakshi didn't forgive him for killing her brother but she didn't stop loving him either. Also, Damini made it impossible for them to forget the incident and move on. So it was considered a best option and applied for separation and 6 months later, they are torn between love and life.

After a brief pause, Nikhil said "even if we can't be together at the end, I'm glad that you were a part of my life Sakshi. I'm wishing you all the best in life, may you get everything you wish for and be successful." Nikhil said and drove off with so much pain. Sakshi watched Nikhil driving, helplessly.

It was during Sakshi's college days they met. After a couple of months they became inseparable. When Sakshi's marriage was fixed with Arjun, both Sakshi and Nikhil went through so much agony which is why they eloped on her wedding day and here they are today, divorced.

A dead son and a divorced daughter just made Damini's life much harder.
Not just that, now they were given the responsibility of Shreya as well (Vihan's and Anjali's daughter).

On the way from the court, Nikhil picked Bhanumathi from the airport. As Bhanu and her husband were going through some problems! On the way from the airport to Nikhil's flat, Bhanu gave no peace to Nikhil because of his divorce.

"Arpana's influence on you is ridiculous. She made you kill people! Divorce your wife! It's terrible" Bhanu complained.

"Amma please stop the nonsense! I've been hearing this like a mantra for the last two years. Give me some peace" Nikhil requested.

"Every day, I pray to God that she never finds peace in her life! That much she has hurt me!" Bhanu said out of anger. Slowly, Nikhil halted the car to a stop!

"Why did you stop the car?" Bhanu asked.

"Amma! I don't understand what you mean when you're saying Arpana has hurt you! In what way did she hurt you?

She didn't ask you to have an affair with her father. She didn't ask you to give birth to her! In fact, it was you who hurt her the most. You gave her away when she was young and finally when she came to see you, you showed no humanity or compassion. At a time when she needed you the most, you showed no mercy! Do take some time out and reflect on your actions. If it was not me then who would have helped Arpana in the most critical stage in her life? I'm not ashamed of killing 2 criminals. You should be ashamed to think that it was okay for 3 innocent souls to die rather than those criminals. Who knows how many people they would have hurt if they were alive?" Nikhil shouted at her.

Bhanu didn't say anything. She remained silent because no matter what Bhanu says she knows that she's the one who's wrong.

...............................

I was so overwhelmed reading all the comments in the last chapter !
Thank you everyone :)

So here comes a short chapter. I thought what I wrote was enough for this chapter which is why I left it where I did.
Hope you all liked it:)

And just like many of you guessed it was Nikhil who shot Vihan and Manoj. Finally Arjun and Arpana are at peace !

Looks like Nikhil has divorced Sakshi. What did you think of their conversation after the divorce ?

So Bhanu has arrived. She's blaming everything on Arpana but thankfully Nikhil managed to shut her mouth.

Who wants to see a reconciliation between Arpana and Bhanu before the story comes to an end ? Or should I leave as it is now.

Should Nikhil find love again ?

In the next chapter I'll give an update of what Arjun and Arpana are doing after the two years. Any guesses tho ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 202 22
Rudransh X Aradhana "I am divorced" she announced. And thought that there would be some change in his expression, but nothing changed, He stared at...
525K 21.1K 39
# 1 in General Fiction as on 11-03-2017 A Gasp escapes my mouth looking at my accidental husband kissing those three girls one after other ...... Tea...
686K 61.6K 55
๐ƒ๐ž๐๐ข๐œ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐“๐จ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ง๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ž๏ฟฝ...
31.3K 3.1K 14
#7 in short story ??? #10 in short story 9 : 3 : 2018 #15 in short story?? A pinch of vermilion and nuptial chain can bring two souls together by a r...