The Road To Her New Life

By jmichellem

Everything was good for only a minute. Naomi has just gotten her life together, she was happy, she had her fr... More

Author's Note
Characters
Changes
New People
Bullshit Rules
Shopping
"It hurts so much"
Not An Update
House Tour
Rika
Arguments
Phone Call
Pizza
Nightmare
First Day Pt.2
Plans
Coffee Date
Dinner
Racetrack
Attitude Adjustment
Cast
Planning
Anger
Can We Go Already?
Going Back
It's Not A Dream
The Wake
The Funeral
A Day With My Boys
Shenanigans
Goodbye... Again
"Friends?"
Girl Flu
First Date
Hurtful Disagreements
Weed cupcakes?!
Ms. Dance Captain
Football Game
Afterparty
Who's Coming???
Meeting the Fam
Oh Shit
Tired

First Day

772 36 76
By jmichellem

Everyone was still sound asleep except for Devontae. He had already woken up and was on the third floor, working.

Qeshawn felt someone's foot on his face causing him to wake up. Jmiere's smelly ass feet were lying directly under his nose. Qeshawn threw his foot off of him causing Jmiere to knee him in his guts, all while still sleeping.

Qeshawn groaned, waking up Izaeah since he was a light sleeper. He looked over at them and shook his head. He got up and stretched, becoming aware of his surroundings.

He went to wake up Hakeem who was wrapped up like a burrito in one of Naomi's fluffy blankets.

Meanwhile, Qeshawn had put headphones over Jmiere's ears and blasted the sounds of a trumpet. Jmiere woke up with a start and was about to yell but Hakeem covered his mouth with his hand.

Hakeem pointed to the bed where they finally noticed their supposed cold-hearted brother cuddling their little sister. Izaeah squealed quietly and searched for his phone.

When he couldn't find it, he demanded Qeshawn to take the picture and send it to him. He took the picture and immediately winced when they both started to move from the flash and sound.

Jmiere gave him a deadpanned look while Hakeem smacked him upside the head. "Bro, what have we told you about your flash?" Jmiere asked exasperatedly.

"I don't care, just send me the picture!" Izaeah spoke before Qeshawn could respond. He quickly sent it knowing Jyreese would make them delete it if he knew about it.

Jyreese groaned quietly and opened his eyes to look at the fools standing at the end of the bed. "What the fuck, I'm trying to sleep," he complained loudly to which they excessively shushed him.

They turned to Naomi when they heard laughing. They became confused when they realized she was still sleeping. "YOU want to stab ME!" she continued to laugh before she said, "Do it, no balls!"

They all looked at her weirdly but let her be when she turned over and went back to sleep.

"You three have school so take a shower because y'all stank" Izaeah clapped his hands softly. They three boys left the room sleepily with Izaeah hurrying them. Hakeem made sure Naomi was tucked back in comfortably before leaving.

I woke up to an empty room. I looked at my phone to see that it was 7:15. I jumped out of my bed and almost fell from the covers being still attached to my body. I ran to my closet trying to find some decent enough clothes.

I did my business, showered and put my clothes on in a hurry. (A/n - outfit at the top) I ran over to my vanity in my bathroom since it was closer than the one in my closet.

You sound so spoiled "the vanity in my bathroom is closer than the one in my closet" Jessica mocked me.

I obviously ignored her since I didn't have the time. I don't even know what time school starts. My last school started at 7:25 which resulted in getting up at 5:30 because I took too long to get ready.

I had no idea what to do with my hair. I didn't braid or style it last night, leaving me with just nappy hair. I decided to braid it and use my trusty best friend. Wigs. (A/n - also at the top)

By the time I was done it was 7:55 because wigs never want to work properly with me. All this time Kobe laid by my feet nonchalantly. Once I opened the door to my room he dashed down the hallway, then down the stairs.

I followed after him, greeting the maids with a smile. They were surprised that I spoke to them. I just feel like it's common courtesy, especially if they work for you, in your house.

I heard arguing before I walked in so I stayed outside since they were talking about me. "Did you hear her screaming last night? She's obviously psycho. We should just dump her in foster care. All her family is dead anyway, just a burden." I heard Jyreese yell.

"You say one more thing about her and you will sleep out on the road like the roadkill you are." Devontae exclaimed, obviously upset.

"You were just sleeping with her last night. Stop whining like a little boy," Hakeem added, more focused on his food than his little brother's nonsense.

"Now, now boys, let's all calm down and use our inside voices like big boys. Apologize and hug it out!" I tutted walking into the dining room. A smirk lay on my face when I noticed their annoyed expressions from my teasing.

"We thought you would want to stay home today," Devontae said as he went back to eating.

I scrunch my face up in  confusion, "Why would I do that?" I finally came to the realization that they expected me to stay home and cry my day away. "Ohhh, yeah no life goes on,'' I said bluntly. I put some dog food in Kobe's bowl.

I ate a banana and blueberries, feeding Kobe some as well since apparently they are good for him. All of them kept sneaking glances my way assuming I would be upset about what I overheard.

I didn't have a reaction because I couldn't care less. He was obviously on his period. Maybe I should buy him a chocolate bar.

Once we were all done, Jmiere and I rode with Qeshawn in his car since I hadn't gotten mine yet. Jyreese refused to sit in the same car as me.

I made sure I memorized the route for when my car comes in. We pulled into the parking lot. I looked out of my window and saw everyone staring at the car.

I rolled my eyes. How cliche! I watched as Jyreese parked in the spot beside, revving his engine loudly, loving the attention. Qeshawn and Jmiere got out of the car the same time Jyreese got off his bike. Me being me, I took my time to get out of the car just to break the synchronization. (A/n - that was a big word for me😭)

"C'mon, we'll show you to the office," Qeshawn said, trying to pull me. People were still staring and it was starting to get on my nerves.

Jyreese rolled his eyes and walked off to a group of boys which one of them I recognized as Nikolai. Jmiere gave me an apologetic look and followed after his twin. I don't blame him, if I had a twin I would stick with them too.

"Ugh will they stop staring. Fucking nosy homosapiens." I grumbled, followed by Qeshawn's snickering.

"Yeah, we're kinda famous here." he said smugly. It wasn't like that at all at my last school. You just hang out with whoever is your friend and mind your business.

We walked towards the grand building in front of us and people sent us lust and envious gazes. My stomach was clenching with nerves. I was always nervous to start school, every year. But since I am the bad bitch that I am, I put up my emotionless facade and entered the school.

We made it to the office and walked to the secretary's desk. Sitting there was a beautiful  dominican woman with chocolate brown eyes, her vibrant hair flowing around her face.

"Good morning, I'm Naomi Marshall, I am a new student and I need my schedule," I chirped. The same exact speech I sat at every new school except for my last name. They had told me they were gonna change it. We argued about it but eventually gave up seeing as they weren't going to change their mind. I know at heart I am Evans.

She looked a little surprised at first probably because I am the only Marshall that has spoken to her with manners. "Sure sweetheart just give me a minute." She had a beautiful smile. If I was old enough I just might marry her.

She typed into her keyboard and the printer started. She gave me the sheet of paper. "If you need anything let me know. My name is Ms. Simone. Good luck sweetheart!" I thanked her and walked over to my brother who was frozen in shock.

"How did you do that? She's a monster!" he whispered the last part to me while looking to see if she heard. I can tell she did judging by the small smile playing on her lips.

"Mr. Marshall, I believe you have class." She had a hard, stern tone. Her eyes were cold, nothing like the warm, motherly ones I just saw.

"I'm getting there r-right now," he tried to control his voice but ended up stuttering. I just laughed.

"Have a great day Ms. Simone!" I called out as Qeshawn dragged me out clearly afraid of getting reprimanded again.

"You too sweetheart."

"Did you see that, she's bipolar! Why is she so nice to you?" I looked over my schedule as he talked.

1st Period: US History #214
2nd Period: French 3 #228
Break
3rd Period: Algebra 3 #257
4th Period: Home Economics #83
2nd Lunch
5th Period: Physical Science #232
6th Period: Music #119
7th Period: English 11 #266

"It's my smile and charismatic charm," I say cheekily. He rolls his eyes.

I looked ahead to make sure I wouldn't bump into anybody only to see that every way was making way for us.  Yeah this is definitely different. I'm usually shoving and ducking just to make it to class on time.

He snatched the paper out of my hand. "US History. That's Mrs. Anderson's class, a real bitch."

The bell for the first period rang as the halls became even more crowded with students. "I'm going to be late, my room is upstairs." I said as he dragged me to an elevator off to the side of the hall.

"This is for the staff but we use it because we pay for the school's funds." We made it up to the second floor. He showed me my classroom, giving me a kiss on the cheek goodbye before scurrying away, scared of my reaction.

I stared at the door debating if I should even go in. I was late despite taking the private elevator because Qeshawn kept getting stopped to talk to someone. Talk about a social butterfly.

I mentally said fuck it and walked through the door like a normal person. I personally think kicking the door open is cringy and trying too hard to be a bad bitch.

"Who are you and why did you interrupt my class?" Mrs. Anderson asked angrily, pointing her ugly finger in my face.

I scowled and grabbed her finger harshly, moving it away from my face. "First of all, don't put your nasty ass finger in my face. And two. I'm a new student, Naomi, check your roster," I spoke with an attitude.

She looked at her roster and I watched as her expression changed into one of fear. Yeahh bitch, that's what I thought! "M-Marshall," she continued when I nodded in confirmation, "have a seat." she sent me a shaky smile.

"Nahh keep that same energy dumb hoe," I muttered under my breath as I made my way to one of the seats in the back. Fortunately, no one talked to me, probably because I'm known for my resting bitch face.

She droned on and on about some Mexican war until she was interrupted by the door being slammed open. Nikolai walked in with a lazy smirk on his face. His eyes roamed around the room until it landed on me, he winked at me. I rolled my eyes, cocky little shit.

After Nikolai tried to get my attention the whole period and me successfully ignoring him, plus another boring period of the teacher talking about absolutely nothing it was break time.

I caught Jmiere in the hallway and he led me to the courtyard where you have break. He was too busy talking to notice me slip away. I walked to the concession stand and bought a chocolate bar to give to Jyreese later.

I know. I'm such a good little sister for thinking about him. Not in the mood to 'make new friends' I walked back inside and roamed the building until the next bell rang.

**Time skip to 4th period since idgaf about math**

I walked through the door to my home ec class only seeing a couple of students standing around since the bell hasn't rung yet. I went to the teacher's desk, noticing his name is Mr. Cash from the sign.

He looked up from his phone and I almost fainted. HE IS SO FINE WTF! "You must be Naomi Marshall?" He showed me his pearly whites.

He can have my babies, Jessica said dreamily. I could practically vision the hearts in her eyes.

He raised his eyebrow and tried to keep  from laughing when I failed to answer. My mouth hung open like a fool. "O-oh umm y-yeah that's my name."

Bitch you got us out here stuttering, get yo shit together Jessica screamed in my head.

"Take a seat anywhere, class is about to start." I was mesmerized by his deep smooth voice. I wonder if he makes noise during sex?

FOCUS NAOMI!

Right, I cleared my throat and walked to a table at the back of the room. A boy walked up to me and sat at the seat beside me. "You must be new?" he asked. I didn't reply, just raised my eyebrow in acknowledgment. "I know everyone here and I've never seen your face before. I'm Zaylen," he held out his hand. I shook his head as I took in his appearance, "Naomi"

He had a cross in his right ear. He was wearing a maroon fitted shirt, black ripped jeans and maroon jordan 12s.

We talked until class started and Mr. Cash was talking about an upcoming project. He gave us a packet to fill out with our partner, mine being Zaylen.

For our project we had to make a restaurant, name it, create a menu, and figure out all the correct ingredients for the dishes. And that was only the start of the project.

After completing the packet and turning it in, Zaylen and I got to know each other more. He is 17 years old and is a firm believer in men having a masculine and feminine side. He is so passionate about being confident enough in his masculinity to be able to express his emotions.

Once the bell rang he checked my schedule noting that we also had lunch, music, and english class together. He took me to the cafeteria, making sure to hold my hand so I wouldn't get lost in the crowd.

"Are you having lunch with me and my friends?" he asked.

"Come on Mimi, we're over here," Jmiere stated, putting his arm around my shoulder.

A/n - I really hate this chapter.. it's very strung out and just too much going on but I didn't feel like rewriting it🥲
Pt.2 of this chapter is coming out Wednesday

A few family problems but I'm gonna try to get the updates out faster.. R.I.P to my grandpa💔

Question: is my book going too slow?

Is it different for where y'all go to school bc that is how my schedule in America looks like?

bye see you next chapter🙂

Continue Reading