When Life Gave a Second Chanc...

By Aishwarya5007

Arpana could hear guests murmuring about the bride swap and the judgemental talks on how it is her second mar... More

Plot & Cast (updated version)
Chapter 1 - Is it fate ?
Chapter 2 - Is fate to be blamed again ?
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 - And it happened ...
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (paining hearts)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Not an update
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Not an Update
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Not an update (help needed)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
not an update
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
(Nandini's story - part 1)
Nandini's Story (part 2)
Final Bonus Chapter
Sequel ?
Official Sequel

Chapter 30

17.7K 961 104
By Aishwarya5007

Indrajith was sipping his cup of coffee when the police jeep entered his compound. Indrajith placed the glasses to his eyes to see who it was as he couldn't see very well without his glasses. As soon as it was confirmed that a police car had just entered his compound, Indrajith stood up from his chair to go inside due to fear as he did not know why the police were here. But just before he stepped foot into the house, Nikhil called him from behind. "Mr Indrajith, please stop."

In embarrassment, Indrajith slowly turned and gave an awkward smile to Nikhil. "Hello sir" Indrajith greeted Nikhil trying his best to remain calm.

"So Indrajith, you may have guessed why we are here" Nikhil said, coming straight to the point. "No sir, actually I don't have a clue why you are here" he said stuttering. "Let's go in then" Nikhil said as he and his team entered the house followed by Indrajith. Soon Lalitha and Devi came out of their rooms hearing the noise.

"Please take a seat" Nikhil requested Indrajith with a smirk. "Sir, please let us know why you are here" Lalitha asked the police officer with fear and curiosity to know why they were here.

"We are here as a part of the investigation behind your daughter Arpana's accident" Nikhil replied.

"Oh" was the only word which came out of Lalitha's mouth.

"But sir, how are we related to our daughter's accident. I don't understand the point behind coming here for the investigation" Indrajith butted in.

"We'll soon find out the reason why I'm here in a few hours, in fact maybe even minutes. So Mr. Indrajith I am going to ask you a few questions, give me answers honestly and sincerely" Nikhil said.

So after a brief pause, Nikhil opened his mouth and asked Indrajith what role he had played in Arpana's accident. As soon as Nikhil asked him that, his eyes widened.

"I ... have ....no... role in it. Why would I do something like that to my daughter?" Indrajith asked nervously.
"Well that's my question. Why would you do that to your daughter?" Nikhil said this time louder making Devi flinch. "Sir, I have no role in it!!" Indrajith again repeated. No matter how many times Nikhil tried to make Indrajith confess the truth, he was failing. Therefore, Nikhil decided to present the evidence to speed up the process.
"Mr Indrajith, this is the visuals of you talking to the person who drove the lorry. In this we can see money being exchanged between you two and you giving instructions to him. If you want to, I can present more evidence but it'll do you no favour. So Indrajith, what's your motive behind this?"

But Indrajith was a strong and determined man. He very well knew how to play it safe. Nikhil was eventually fed up because Indrajith kept on making the old lame excuses. Just when Nikhil lifted his arms to slap him, Lalitha muttered something, making Nikhil freeze for a second.

'She is not our daughter'

"What??" Nikhil asked and edged closer to Lalitha.

"Arpana is not our daughter!!" Lalitha shouted to Nikhil and broke down onto the floor. Devi's eyes widened hearing the new information. She didn't know how to digest this information.

Nikhil gave Lalitha a few seconds to compose herself. Once she was a little calmer, Nikhil asked her story behind it.
But Lalitha kept on crying, testing Nikhil's patience.
"Sir, she's lying. Arpana is my daughter and I was not behind that accident!!" Just as Indrajith said this Nikhil slapped him tightly and asked him to shut his mouth.

"Open your mouth Mrs Lalitha and tell me!! Come on!" Nikhil screamed, he wanted the truth out at any cost.

"Arpana is my cousin Bhanumathi's daughter" just when Lalitha said this, Indrajith gestured her to shut it but Lalitha had enough of this. She wanted the world to know the truth.

"How did she become your daughter then?" Nikhil asked.

"Bhanumathi was in love with someone called Ram Choudhary. He was one of the most influential families in Rajasthan. Bhanu wasn't wealthy enough for Ram's parents to accept her as their daughter in law. So they fixed Ram's wedding with another girl called Radika who was from another influential family in Rajasthan.

Two weeks before Ram's wedding, he eloped with Bhanu but they couldn't hide from their family for long. A few days later, Ram's family found them and took Ram with them forcefully breaking Bhanu's heart. Ram loved Bhanu sincerely but he couldn't overcome the obstacles to make Bhanu his. So half heartedly, Ram agreed to marry Radika. However, just a day before Ram's wedding, Bhanu found out that she was pregnant with Ram's child. Bhanu excitedly went to Ram's Palace to break the news to him and his family with the hope that they will eventually accept her into his life but the eighteen year old Bhanu's heart tore into a million pieces when she saw Ram tying the knot to Radika. Ram felt helpless seeing Bhanu that day but there was nothing he could do. Not knowing Bhanu was pregnant with his child, Ram entered into a new life.

As days went by, Bhanu's stomach started getting bigger making it clear to her family that she was pregnant. At first Bhanu didn't want Ram's marital life with Radika to be revealed but her parents informed Ram's family without Bhanu's consent.
To settle the issue, they registered half of their wealth into newborn Arpana's name. But in the agreement, it said that she will only get the wealth when she turns 18 and they agreed to educate Bhanu. But even when all this happened Ram never knew he had a daughter with Bhanu. Eventually days went on, Ram had his own children with Radika and love started blossoming between them.

Bhanu too moved on in her life after a lot of struggles, she became an Ayurvedic doctor. All her education was funded by Ram's dad as precautions to keep Bhanu's and my family's mouths tight. After becoming a doctor, she was at a point where her daughter was becoming an obstacle to her dreams and ambitions. Even the society saw Bhanu and my family in a disgusted way. So they had no connections with the society and Bhanu blamed her child for that.
After a strong push from my family Bhanu agreed to get married but no one was willing to accept Arpana or accept the fact that Bhanu had a daughter before marriage. Eventually hate started growing in Bhanu's mind for Arpana. Bhanu started acting very distant towards her daughter but that did not mean she didn't love her daughter.

Furthermore, soon they had moved from Rajasthan to Kerala because Ram's family no longer wanted to see the sight of Bhanu or her family in Rajasthan. Because as Arpana started growing up they saw her as a very big threat and so they could find better alliances for Bhanu. Because not many people where Bhanu had moved to knew much about her past and this time, to not to be an obstacle, Bhanu's father Ashok went to his native place in Tamil Nadu with Arpana and decided to give Arpana to an orphanage but the fact that she has so much wealth registered on her name pulled him back. The reason why Ashok decided to do this was to keep a distance with Bhanu and Arpana. If Arpana continues to live with Bhanu, Arpana will definitely ruin her daughter's bright future, that's what Ashok thought. And Ashok justified it by saying that he was not leaving Arpana without anything, they were leaving her with immense wealth.

However, at that time, I had just got married to Indrajith. Arpana was only three at that time. Before sending her to the orphanage, she stayed at my house for a little and I became extremely close with her. Thinking about splitting with her tore my heart, even after she was sent to the orphanage, I missed her and often sobbed thinking about the child's fate. So through some family's, I learnt that Arpana had immense wealth under her name. I knew when Indrajith learns about this, he will agree to adopt her after a lot of convincing, he eventually agreed. But never did I think that he would go to the extent of killing Arpana" Lalitha finally confessed everything she wanted to. Indrajith's face was all screwed up. He had the anger to murder Lalitha now. Nikhil knitted his eyebrows together, preparing to arrest Indrajith now.

Only to get another shock...

Arpana, along with Arjun was listening to everything Lalitha said just outside the main door. Nikhil had secretly informed Arjun about what may happen today so he brought Arpana with him. If her past gets revealed to her today, then no one else will need to have a battle with themselves about breaking the truth to Arpana.

.................

Who is it to be blamed here ?

So new suprising revelations are coming out ...

Where might be Bhanu and Ram be now ?

Will Arpana ever meet her parents ?
Even if she does Will she tell them she is their daughter ?

How many Arpana react to all this ? 

Any guesses on what may happen in the next chapter ?

Sorry for not including many scenes between Arjun and Arpana... Will make up for that soon :)

Is the story getting complicated aha ?

Thank you so much kiki8775 for editing this chapter for me !! Really appreciate it

Your feedback will motivate me to continue writing ... let me below in the comments what you think of the chapter...

And thank you everyone for your patience, will upload the next chapter soon as possible :)
Thank you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.3K 1.7K 25
"Sana... I don't know how to say this but.. this marriage means nothing to me, if...if you want you can divorce me after 6 months. I am sorry I spoil...
2.4M 159K 69
๐‘จ๐’‚๐’“๐’‚๐’— ๐‘ฒ๐’‚๐’”๐’‰๐’š๐’‚๐’‘,is a rich businessman of the state. His wife Kavya was the only love of his life. He had a crush on her since their college...
1.3K 202 22
Rudransh X Aradhana "I am divorced" she announced. And thought that there would be some change in his expression, but nothing changed, He stared at...
251K 15.4K 54
This story is all about journey of Arhaan and Jeevika and how they come closer and face the challenges of married life. ...