When Life Gave a Second Chanc...

By Aishwarya5007

Arpana could hear guests murmuring about the bride swap and the judgemental talks on how it is her second mar... More

Plot & Cast (updated version)
Chapter 1 - Is it fate ?
Chapter 2 - Is fate to be blamed again ?
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 - And it happened ...
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (paining hearts)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Not an update
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Not an Update
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Not an update (help needed)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
not an update
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
(Nandini's story - part 1)
Nandini's Story (part 2)
Final Bonus Chapter
Sequel ?
Official Sequel

Chapter 23

17.5K 905 90
By Aishwarya5007

Author’s POV....

Arpana and Arjun had left Goa, and they finally had reached their house. Many things have been changed after leaving Goa. Most importantly, the equation between them has changed. They had no words to describe their relationship but they both knew it was turning into something beautiful. They would be very wrong if they say that they haven't developed feelings for each other....

Arjun was taking Arpana for a date today. Arpana doesn’t know what to expect this night to be like but she was so happy and excited.

Arpana was busy getting ready for the dinner date arranged by Arjun. Just the way Arjun liked, Arpana let her hair free and wore a beautiful knee length floral dress.
Arjun was awestruck seeing her all ready for the dinner date. She had a different kind of glow today. Maybe due to the fact that she got ready for Arjun...

The dress suited her well. He liked it very much. Arjun loved the way Arpana carried herself with so much elegance and confidence.

Arjun stepped closer to her until he was inches away from her. He then snaked his long arms around her. "You’re looking nice," he complimented.

‘Nice? Out of all the words, you choose nice? Seriously bro?’ his conscience scolded him.

Arjun was never good at complimenting people. He wasn't good at expressing his feelings either. "You clean up well too" Arpana complimented him while chuckling. It wasn't anything special, just a rolled up white shirt and black jeans. Arjun immediately raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Your first compliment to me," he chuckled.

‘Better than yours’ Arpana thought, mentally rolling her eyes.

Whilst Arjun was starting his car, Arpana locked the house and entered the car next to him in the passenger seat.

To kill the awkwardness, Arpana turned the car radio on. Some romantic songs started to play, making the situation even more awkward. Noticing Arjun's hands tightening on the steering wheel, Arpana turned the radio off. "Are you alright?" She asked him, placing her palms on his hands.

"I'm fine Arpana, just nervous" Arjun confessed as he closed his eyes for a second.

"Don't be nervous. We are just going out for a meal. There's nothing to be tensed about" Arpana chuckled to which Arjun just smiled.

After some time they reached their destination. It was a small and quiet restaurant by the lake.

As they were entering the restaurant, Arjun held Arpana's hands slowly to which she smiled shyly. Once they had entered, a guy showed them their table.

Arjun pulled the chair out to Arpana and sat on the chair next to her. He then handed her a menu card and he took a look at the other one. Arjun ordered some non vegetarian food whilst Arpana ordered vegetarian food.

Meanwhile, they were sipping on their drinks waiting for their food to arrive when Arjun accidentally dropped the juice, spilling half of it on her dress.

‘Shit’

"Arjun!" Arpana jumped from her seat.

"Sorry!!! I didn't realise Arpana. It was an accident, sorry!!!" He apologised.

‘Double shit’

"No, no don't apologise. It’s fine. It was just an accident" she said, assuring him.

‘I ruined it’ Arjun thought.

Arjun grabbed a few tissues. He wiped her hands and dress as much as he could. Arjun ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

Soon the meal came. Compared to Arjun’s meal Arpana's meal was huge. She had ordered many appetisers, different types of main course and ice cream for dessert. Arjun raised his eyebrows but was happy she is not fake like other girls he dated in his college days (before Anjali, Obviously).

Arjun didn’t talk much at the beginning. Understanding the ice isn’t broken yet, Arpana decided to start a conversation to make him feel more relaxed.

"When do you have to go back to work again?" Arpana asked.

"In 25 days Arpana" he replied.

"Oh you've got more leave this time" she said and the conversation went from there....
Both of them finished their meal with content hearts. They were very happy how the day turned out to be.

Later Arjun paid the bills and together they returned home.

When they had finally reached home, Arpana rushed to change her still wet dress but before she could leave, Arjun caught her hands from behind and pulled her to him.

"Arjun, what are you doing?" Arpana asked slightly panicking...
He then made her turn around and snaked his hands around her hugging from behind, increasing both of their heartbeats. "You looked stunning today. I don't have words to describe it but just so graceful!"

Arpana's cheeks turned red.

"Why didn't you say this earlier?'Arpana asked, referring to what he said earlier.

"I did you say look nice " Arjun replied.

"Is 'nice' the only word you could describe your wife with?" she sassily retorted.

‘Your wife’ he smiled at that.

"I'm not arguing!!" Arjun replied to which Arpana chuckled "you won't win anyway" she said and got hold of his hand.

They then went upstairs together. Arpana turned to go to her room but Arjun asked a question which surprised Arpana and stopped her from going inside.

"Do you want to move in with me? I mean to my room?" he asked nervously.

Arpana shuddered and also did not know what to say. She didn't know if she was ready for this next step in their relationship but she didn't want to disappoint him. They have already shared a room a couple of times as well.

"I would love to," Arpana replied. "I will freshen up and after that I will shift".

"Sure" Arjun replied in happiness, letting out a breath of relief, he didn’t know he was holding. He was so excited and happy for this next step in their relationship.

Arpana changed and went to the washroom to freshen up but she screamed as she saw someone inside. Arjun was in the shower so couldn’t hear anything.

Arjun came out of the shower whistling but he stopped when he tripped onto something. He raised his eyebrows seeing the mess that was created in his room (he didn’t notice as he was happy that Arpana accepted to move in with him. His blood boiled seeing the suitcase with Anjali's stuff open. He suddenly thought it must be Arpana so went to have a word with her.

Meanwhile, Arpana was about to shout for Arjun but Manoj closed her mouth. She was struggling to get out of his hold but he was stronger than her. “How's your health baby? I was waiting for you to recover so we could consummate" Manoj said looking at her with lustful eyes.

"Manoj, don't do anything. Please go away" Arpana pleaded with tears welling up in her eyes.

"Ah don't worry. I won't do anything. At least not today. I came here to get something so distract your husband" Manoj said holding a knife but she screamed loudly seeing the knife.

A few hours ago.....

Manoj broke inside Arjun’s house. He went inside Arpana’s room as he didn’t know they lived separately. When he saw the photo of her and Vihan on the nightstand and the clothes, he understood they are not living together, which made him happy for some odd reason. He picked up the picture and smiled sarcastically and said “oh Arpana, what a fool you are''. He kept the picture down and took one of her kurtis and started sniffing it but his cell phone rang, interrupting his pervert thoughts. He picked the call and said, “Yes boss”. “Is the work done? How long will it take?” he heard from the other side. “Sorry boss, I went to the wrong room. I’ll check once again” he said rolling his eyes. “You idiot, I shouldn’t have trusted you with this. Do it fast. Time is ticking” he then cut the call making Manoj angry.

He went out of Arpana’s room and entered Arjun’s room and started searching. He opened the wardrobe and chucked Arjun's clothes out but he wasn't able to find it then. He dumped it back inside the closet and closed it and his eyes caught a suitcase under Arjun's bed. He pulled it out and opened it. It was full of Anjali's clothes, letters that Anjali wrote to Arjun and some gifts they exchanged during special occasions. Manoj groaned in frustration as he couldn't find what he was looking for. Suddenly his hands felt something. He dug deeper into it and took it out. It was Anjali's phone. Phone was out of charge but Manoj was glad he got it.

Suddenly Manoj heard the main door opening and voices. He didn't know they would be this early. He thought they were going to Arjun’s parents’ house. He ran out of Arjun's room and hid in Arpana's bathroom. He didn't want to be caught by Arjun. Then he heard their muffled voices but couldn’t listen much.

*Present time...*.

"Arpana why did you..." Arjun started to question barging inside her room but stopped when he heard her scream from inside the bathroom.
Arjun's blood boiled as he saw a man holding a knife at his wife but kept his cool thinking rationally. Being a pilot, he was trained how to deal with these kinds of situations. He silently took a cricket bat and went behind Manoj. Arpana looked at him and was about to call his name but he signed at her to keep quiet. He wanted to punch the daylights out of this guy but his wife was in danger and he didn’t want anything to happen to her.

“Don’t scream or I’ll kill your husband and F*ck you till you can’t walk” Manoj said but he screamed himself and fell down when Arjun hit him with a bat on his head, very hard. Arjun wasn't going to hit him this hard but he got angrier when he said those words to his wife.

Arjun took Arpana out of her room and locked it. He asked her what happened and she explained everything to him. He was so pissed that he wanted to go inside and kill him but decided against it, instead he called the police. Arpana was crying badly so he hugged her and made her drink some water and kissed on her forehead. Arpana felt secure and relieved that Manoj was finally caught and they both waited for the police to arrive.

...................................

Who's happy that Manoj is finally caught ?

He is an pevert right ?

Who might his boss be ?

Why did he come searching for Anjali's phone ?

How was Arjun's and Arpana's date !? Poor Arjun spilled water on Arpana's dress 😀

Any ideas on what might happen in the next chapter ?

Thank you so much kiki8775 for editing this chapter for me 🥰❤

Thanks to everyone who gave this book a try, I am so happy with the love and support I am receiving for this book ....❤

Hope you all liked this chapter ... I might not be able to update for a few days as deadlines are approaching. Won't be long just a week ...

Thank you once again for reading ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 1.1K 6
Winner of First prize in Best Two/Three shot story in Abhigya awards 2018... Marriage is a sacred bond... What will happen to the lives of three peop...
677K 60.8K 55
๐ƒ๐ž๐๐ข๐œ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐“๐จ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ง๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ž๏ฟฝ...
126K 8.9K 89
*BOOK TWO OF THE EMOTIONS SERIES* First, they said study well. After that, get a job. Then, get married. After marriage, the obvious, have a kid. Bu...
4.5M 26.9K 6
#1 in General fiction and Romance for a long time An Arranged marriage! Why not ? Marrying a Stranger? Why..... what the hell? Arranged marriage...