Getting Closer To My Mate

By fspinkey

Zach, the alpha werewolf, finds out that his mate is a human and she is far away from his beautiful imaginati... More

Introduction
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter- 42
Chapter- 43
Chapter- 44
Chapter- 45
Chapter 46
Chapter- 47
Chapter- 48
Chapter- 49
Chapter- 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter- 53
Chapter- 54
Chapter- 55
Chapter- 56
Chapter- 58
Chapter- 59
Chapter- 60

Chapter- 57

604 24 2
By fspinkey

-Fima-

My fever has gone down and I'm feeling exhausted now. I've applied for a leave from my office today before leaving the hospital.

On my way returning home, I see some kids in school uniform walking to school. They are holding their mother's hands. The scene slowly becomes blurry as tears start to gather in my eyes. I have my own kids but I can't hold them in my arms.

I miss them so much.

I miss them to the extent of getting crazy and the reason behind leaving them seems all pointless.

I remember last night's incident. When I was burning with the fever a doctor came to check on my condition.

"How are you feeling now?" The voice of a middle-aged man rang in my ears.

"I am feeling like I am sitting in an oven. It's so painful. I think I'm gonna die tonight." I said with a hoarse voice.

As my fever was too high, I was given saline solution. The doctor leaned to check the plastic pipe to see if the liquid was flowing in the correct amount. I tried to look at him but my eyes were teary due to the high fever and headache. I couldn't see his face.

"Are you being hard on yourself, kid? This must be the result of your strictness towards your heart. Be a little more flexible and forgive yourself. Let it go."

This should have been some random talk. However I don't know why those words stabbed my heart but gave me relief at the same time. It was as if I was waiting to listen to this as if I needed to face myself.

This time, tears rolled down because of my sorrow. "How can I forgive myself? I did make mistakes one after another. I should've listened to my parents and shouldn't have married him. I even tried to harm my innocent babies. They were not supposed to be in this world. I brought them into this world as a result of my sin. It was my fault. How can I forgive myself?"

After some breathtaking silence, I heard the voice again. "At that time you chose your heart over every prohibition, so why are you not listening to your heart now? Why are you running away from your duties, what you have chosen for yourself and blaming yourself?"

The doctor's tone was so soothing. I tried to see his face again but the tears weren't stopping so I failed to see his face again.

"Sometimes accepting the sin and taking the responsibilities of its consequence can be a great atonement. Just like the warning dreams. You may receive a warning but you failed to recognize it. In that case, you are meant to accept your fate and keep going on."

I remembered my dreams about Zach being the wolf and the whole Scarlet Moon pack being the pack of wolves. I whispered, "Dream? Yes, I have seen dreams but didn't think much about them. I really am a fool."

"Dreams don't necessarily mean the warnings that can save you. Sometimes they are meant to prepare you for the upcoming events so that you don't become harsh to yourself like you are doing right now. Yes, you might have chosen other options and your life might be different. but Who knows?... Who knows the twist and turns of fate? Our life paths are different. Who knows the sin you committed, the mistakes you made, the sorrow you are feeling and the atonement you are seeking are all the parts of your spiritual journey? Accept your fate, do your duty, be kind and forgive. Even the beasts have hearts, they feel pain and they, too, need love and care. You must take care of nature as you are the human being, the superior creature on the earth..."

His voice was so soothing. His every word was like a cool ointment on my wounded heart. It felt like I was waiting for this guidance; my soul was thirsty and burning under the scorching sun and he soothed it with his sentences. My burning fever began to fall slowly and I fell asleep.

Remembering last night's incident I shout, "Stop, stop the car."

"What? What happened?" Baba asks anxiously.

I want to return to the hospital and search for that man but my heart is telling me that I will not see him there.

"Ma..." I cannot say another word; just hug her crying as if a storm is crushing my heart, my world.

"What happened? Are you not feeling good? Should we go back to the hospital?" Ma says anxiously.

But I cannot say how much I want to see my children and my human-shaped beast husband.

I keep crying.

-Maximiliano-

There's a significant meeting today. After more than a hundred years, a pack of werewolves has wiped out another pack. All the royal alphas are present today to see the judgment.

Wah! My life is full of new and rare events. It's not as boring as I assumed before becoming the king.

But there's one thing that's been boggling my mind since I came back to my Los Angeles villa last night.

it's a smell.

A very strange smell.

It's not bad. It's sweet. It's good and comforting. besides the fact that it's a child's smell, I cannot discern its nature. It's making me confused as if I know this smell but at the same time, I don't.

Santino informed me that Isaac came with his three kids. So I assume that one of them might possess the smell.

I sniff again.

I recognize the thick scent of alpha Alexis, then another kid must be the weak omega, and... the third one is ...?

Ugh! My head's gonna burst.

-Zach-

I was summoned by the King.

So here I am in Los Angeles at the King's Villa, sitting in the meeting room and waiting for our king.

I brought Ziya, Hana, and Alexis with me; Nelson is accompanying me as well.

It's been a week since the termination of the Blue Creek pack. Almost everything has gotten under control. Nelson and the whole pack council worked hard to handle the disposing of the dead bodies, and the human laws and regulations.

Beta Sentino welcomed us cordially on our arrival yesterday. He assigned omega servants to take care of us. At the dinner, I met other royal brothers. The whole environment was not so gloomy but not so funny as well.

"Welcome royal brothers!" King Ivan enters the meeting room with a huge grin on his face.

All the royal alphas are present here.

The meeting room we are sitting in is the small one by the side of a huge glass window in the east wing of the building. I can see my kids playing with other kids in the garden. Some omega servants are looking after them.

"I hope you all know why we are here today," Ivan says in a clear tone. Naturally, He possesses a childlike smile on his face but with his clear commanding tone, the smile is looking imposing. He is looking like someone with whom you cannot meet eye to eye.

"So the Blue Creek pack has been wiped out by its own warden. The alpha Isaac Sirius Dasan of the warden pack, named the Crimson Moon pack, has gathered all the alphas around the world in his so-called wedding, revealed the secrets of alpha Sara Liz Kingston and validated his killing of the Blue Creek pack."

Everyone remains silent. The King is using the mind link to talk. the silent words that are playing in the head only are more powerful, more fierce.

"The death news of Sara Kingston on her wedding is circling around. How are you going to take care of it?"

"My council members have already taken care of it. Her death has been reported as the beast attack. the disposal of the dead bodies has been done on the same day of... the same day of annihilation." I reply.

"All the alphas have seen the reason behind your attack and according to the treaty, you have the right to take revenge. But as the King, I need to test your innocence. Everyone be prepared."

King Ivan will now invade my memory and he will project it on everyone's brain except the betas. Thus he will be sure that my deed against Sara Kingston is justified.

He walks towards me and suddenly halts. I look at him, so do the others. The king seems distracted as he is looking outside the window. We all look outside the window too. The children playing in the garden, though they are far from the mansion, are staring at us.

"Are the twins yours, royal brother Sirius?" Ivan says looking at me. His eyes are sparkling with curiosity.

"Yes," I answer.

"Oh, fantastic! I've met only Alexis when you brought him to me to pledge his royal alpha wolf under my command and make it sleep. You should've brought your twins as well. You must know that I am very fond of twin kids." King Ivan looks at the Violet Blood pack's twin alpha brothers who came from Venice. They slightly fidget in their seats.

In the werewolf's society, a true werewolf kid is born in wolf shape and shifts into a human shape within three to five days. An omega kid is born with an incomplete wolf shape and they take more time to shift into a human shape. But if a wolf would be born who is unable to turn, eight out of ten wolf kids would be killed by the alpha in the past. If the kid is born as a human as Hana was born, it is kept alive.

All these kids are brought to the alpha to pledge their loyalty. Pledging their loyalty helps them to save themselves from being a rogue, they get the protection of the pack. The alpha of the pack accepts them as his or her pack member and forces the wolf to sleep until their coming-of-age. If their wolves are not forced to sleep, they may forget their human nature and stay as a beast forever as the bestial instinct is overwhelming for a child to control. So they spend a long time as a human, mingling with human society, receiving proper training to control body and mind so that they can handle their awakened wolf instinct. When their beasts wake up from slumber, they reenact their pledge to their alpha once more and the alpha helps them control their beasts.

Similarly, when the alpha is born, it's brought to the King to pledge its loyalty to him and he accepts the baby alpha as his subordinate and only he can force his wolf to sleep.

After Fima left us, I brought Alexis to his majesty Ivan to pledge his loyalty to him.

"As your majesty knows, one of the twins is an omega and another one has a broken soul; she's more like an autistic werewolf. I fear that they are unable to withstand your aura. So I didn't bring them with me."

Ivan stares outside the window and absent-mindedly says, "hmm". Then he looks at me and his imposing aura returns. "Sentino, cover the window."

Santino pulls down the curtain and King Ivan pushes his claws on my neck.

Fuck! It hurts like hell.

My brain is burning. The burning sensation turns into a tearing one. Someone is forcefully tearing up the cover inside my brain and my wolf-self howls in pain. I start to transform but Ivan stops me in the middle of it. So my shape is in between a human and a wolf. I remember Fima's face. Whenever we mated, my shape always hung between my two forms.

ATTENTION:

Hey! Great News! I am publishing my paranormal romance novella 'Forever, My Dear Ghost' on 01 March 2022. It's available for pre-order on Amazon, Kobo and many other platforms. Type the link mentioned in the picture, read the brief description and select your favorite shop to place your order.

* Pre-order campaign is going on up to 01 March 2022. You can get your copy @ $0.99 only. So hurry up.

** Sign up my newsletter and stay updated. Many exciting news is on the way. Just type: www.fspinkey.com

* If you want to review my book on any platform like Amazon, Instagram, Twitter, blog or anything, fill in the form on my website and get a free ARC (Advance Reader's Copy).

Thank you all. It all happened because of your love F. S. Pinkey

(The story is getting near to its end. We may have five to seven more chapters. 

Thank you my readers who are patiently waiting for my irregular updates. We all know real life struggles are really real. I feel very grateful to you all for forgiving my irregular schedule. 

I also welcome my new readers who are reading, voting and commenting. 

Thank you very much. A big hug from- FS Pinkey )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

426K 11.5K 23
#274 in soulmate #296 in Werewolf 9/17/16 He seems nervous and then he takes a deep breath and speaks up and his words are like venom piercing throug...
258K 6.1K 25
Nicole is broken. She puts on a mask that convinces the world she is happy when in reality; she's done with life. She doesn't care. Replaces pain wit...
390 21 20
Preston's pack prides itself on purity. Which means a human mate is unacceptable, especially for the newly-proclaimed alpha. One adrenaline-induced m...
56.4K 1K 29
Blake was your average teenage werewolf until she found her mate Christian the alpha of the pack. Blake thought they would live happily ever after. B...