Valt Aoi: The Battle for the...

By --DevolosBlader--

THIS IS BOOK 3 so please go read book 1 and 2 first so you're not confused! After the events of Book 2, Fubuk... More

Ep 1: Remembrance
Ep 2: Campfire Tales part 1
Ep 3: Campfire Tales part 2
Ep 4: The Airport
Ep 5: The Homecoming
Ep 6: The Comeback
Ep 7: The Chase part 1
Ep 8: The Bakery
Ep 9: The Chase part 2
Ep 10: The Shadow
Ep 11: The Chase part 3
Ep 12: Hide and Peak part 1
Ep 13: Hide and Peak part 2
Ep 14: The Speech
Ep 15: The Spy?! Part 1
Ep 16: The Spy?! Part 2
Ep 17: The Mole within the Mole
Ep 18: The Gift
Ep 19: The Project
Ep 20: Part 2
Ep 21: The Road Trip
Ep 22: Settling at the Inn
Ep 23: Old Rivals
Ep 24: Old Rivals part 2
Ep 25: Phoenix's Trap
Ep 26: The Cliffhanger
Ep 27: Curtains Rise! The Tournament!
Ep 28: The First Day!
Ep 29: The Phantom Meanace
Ep 30: The Talk
Ep 31: Phobia Doomscizor
Ep 32: Phobia Doomscizor part 2
Ep 33: Challenges
Ep 34: The Mysterious Emerald Eye
Ep 35: The Copycat part 1
Ep 36: The Copycat part 2
Ep 37: Battle of the Stars
Ep 38: Phoenix or Phi?
Ep 39: The Basement
Ep 40: The Basement Part 2
Ep 41: The Basement part 3
Ep 42: The Basement part 4
Ep 43: The Assembly
Ep 44: The Shadow Phoenix
Ep 45: The Rematch
Ep 46: The True Lord of Lies
Ep 47: Learning from a Legend
Ep 48: Hyde vs Phi
Ep 49: The Winter Knight! Free vs Lui
Ep 50: The Reveal
Ep 51: Alone Together
Ep 53: The Fall and The Rise part 2
Ep 54: The True Villain
Ep 55: The Darkest Dawn
Ep 56: The Party

Ep 52: The Fall and The Rise part 1

422 17 1
By --DevolosBlader--

Valt didn't get a wink of sleep in fact he didn't really remember falling asleep that night.

But regardless of whether or not he got sleep, walking into the building the next morning the realization was starting to sink in.

The tension in the air was thick between everyone and with each passing day more and more people had started to show up.

But as much as Valt wanted to say hi to his old friends he had other business to attend to.

Walking into Theodore's private suite, Theodore was behind his desk on his computer. Norman sat in a chair at the side of Theodore's desk

"Valt, I didn't hear you come in our training session is later and I'd really appreciate it if you..."

Before Theodore had the chance to close his laptop Valt took a seat wearing a determined expression.

"I know why you're really here Theodore."

Looking up from his laptop something had changed in Valt, was it the determined look in his eyes or was this something else?

Whatever it was Theodore was interested enough to crack his laptop and push it aside.

"To the point that's what I like about you bladers, always so serious in battle and outside the ring."

"What did you do to Shu!"

Theodore let out a tired sigh and stood up from his desk. Walking to the entry he opened the door.

"You may go Norman."

After he left Theodore closed the door and locked it. Going back to his desk he didn't sit down. Instead he leaned on the front of his desk looking down at Valt.

"And why am I here Valt?" He said, glancing at the window.

People had started to gather and Valt could see some of BC Sol.

"I think you already know the answer. I heard everything from Hyde and Shu. You're the real villain."

Theodore laughed at the word villain. He had been called many things in his life and yet this nickname was no different from the countless others.

"Really? and how am I the true villain?"

"You manipulated Shu, Phi and everyone! You tried to hurt Shu the other day! You've manipulated me and what's worse is that you've tortured countless bladers and you've taken away Free!"

Looking down at Valt his golden power could barely been seen.

Going to the back of his desk Theodore sat back down.

"True, but I wasn't the one who told Shu to become Red Eye, that was all him. I only helped him in his cause."

"But..."

"And the same goes for Phi and you too. I am not the villain, I am only the helper or messenger in all of this. And the torturing? The Snake Pit is abandoned and Free going there was all his choice."

Valt was quiet for a few minutes

"Shu told me himself that you tried to corrupt him yesterday. Your power isn't your money or knowledge. It's your manipulation and what's worse is that you don't just try to control a bladers power you can copy them."

Theodore relaxed and his shoulders went down.

"You may have witnesses Valt, but you don't have evidence. Face it you have nothing against me. I've been doing this for years."

Theodore leaned back watching Valt trying to think of a comeback but eventually he gave up.

"Besides..." Theodore got up from his desk.

His attitude had changed and he was no longer Valt's friend. Instead he was now the same villain from last year.

"I'm not trying to be difficult, I may have a couple of masters in various subjects in science. But I am still a businessman at the end of the day. But like all scientists I want to know the truth about Valtryek...."

"But why Valtryek?"

"Why not? After you defeat Phi everything will go back to normal, you'll be named as a hero for the blading world. Countless children across the globe will want to be just like you and what better way to be like you is to have their own version of Valtryek?"

"You monster, you only came here for money. You don't even care what happens to those who cross in your path."

"No Valt, I'm not just here for money or fame I already have those things. I came here for something more valuable. Imagine the secrets we could unlock if you gave me Valtryek. Think of things I could teach you about your power. Things that could help you defeat anyone, things that Free kept secret, things that Shu never told you about when he was Red Eye."

"Besides you're no different than me Valt, we're on the same team here and you want Phi gone as much as I do. You say I'm the real villain but I'm only here for an opportunity. You say you're here to stop Phi but did you come here for something else?"

"You're not equal to the other bladers Valt, you handle resonance in ways you could have never imagined."

"But how do you know I can beat Phi?"

"Doubt is your real enemy here, if you don't think you can beat him than you won't. Besides you can't fight me and Phi."

Just then a knock came from the door and Theodore straightened up looking professional again.

Opening the door Fubuki stood on the other side.

"Shu's battle is about to begin."

Valt nodded his head and got up.

"We'll continue this conversation tomorrow."

Holding the door open Valt and Fubuki both left the room leaving Theodore alone with his thoughts.

******

Backstage Shu stood alone waiting for the first battle of the finals to begin.

Looking down at Spryzen a small crack could barely be seen from yesterday's battle with Phi. Looking back on it now Shu knew how lucky he was to even be backstage or waiting to battle in the fianls if Phi had managed to win then Valt would've been outnumbered. But even though the odds were now even Shu was still nervous.

"Are you okay Shu?"

Valt Aoi stood in the doorway.

"Yeah it's just Spryzen has a crack that's all."

Valt came over to Shu who was holding out his bey for Valt to see, a small crack could be seen in the energy layer.

"Well at least you caught it now and not before the battle."

Shu cracked a smile for a moment until his mind drifted away from the subject.

"Where were you this morning? I didn't see you at breakfast and I know you didn't come with BC Sol.

Valt shifted uncomfortably and sat down next to Shu.

"I talked to Theodore this morning."

The mood in the air immediately changed at the mention of Theodore. Shu's eyes narrowed.

"What did he say?" he asked.

"He says he's here for a business opportunity to make money off of Valtryek but I don't think that's true because Theodore already has plenty of resources but why Valtryek? It doesn't add up."

"Every time I would try to accuse him of something he would easily deflect it by saying he wasn't the bad guy. I know what you mean now about Theodore, I should've listened to you earlier."

"Listen Valt," Shu faced Valt.

"Theodore wants to control how everyone recovers from this tournament and Phi. That's how he is Valt, he'll corrupt anything that gets in his way twisting it for his purposes. The reason why he wants Valtryek is because you're getting stronger."

"He's not just here to bring down Phi he's also here for you and to see what you can do. Now don't worry about accusing Theodore you need to focus on taking down Phi and I'll take care of Free."

Valt's eyes lit up, he smiled and nodded his head. He stood up and was about to walk off when Shu stopped him.

"Oh and Valt don't forget to have fun."

Valt smiled and ran off as Shu was called to the stage.

*****

Standing before Free, Shu wasn't afraid in fact he felt ready for this. In a way this was his second chance at beating Phi depending on if he took over Free again or not.

Free's eyes were glowing a dark shimmering gold, Shu did the same letting his own power build up.

There was a quiet rivalry between the two as they both stared each other down. The shadow of Fafnir roared as a faded golden aura surrounded him. Fafnir's eyes were glowing along with Free's with little bits of purple.

Shu got into his launching form but looking across the stadium Free was using a different stance than normal.

Shu narrowed his eyes, gripping his launcher.

Is this Phi's doing or Free's, if this is Free then where did he learn that launch? Maybe Theodore or someone else...

"3...2...1...Let it Rip!"

Even though it was only the first battle both bladers launched at full power. Letting their energy fly, despite their differences both Shu and Free understood how serious this battle was.

"Turbo Spryzen Whip!"

Right out of the gate Shu summoned Spryzen while Free just watched the battle play out.

Spyrzen began attacking Fafnir in the center with Shu building up his power, his scar could barely be seen glowing red and Spryzen roared out his battle cry.

Meanwhile Fafnir began to absorb Spryzen's energy speeding up with power. Shu narrowed his eyes struggling with a way to get around Fafnir's spin steal.

Before the match he had stayed up watching countless videos of Free battling to learn anything he could but now standing before Free he had learned that this wasn't the same blader instead this was something worse.

Maybe Fafnir can't absorb everything at once...

Fafnir pushed Spryzen back causing Fafnir to drill into the stadium holding its ground, Spryzen on the other hand went on the outside gaining speed to launch another attack.

"Now Spryzen give it everything we got!"

Summoning Spryzen he came in with everything he had, he didn't care if he lost Spryzen and he didn't care if Phi was after him. Shu had his reasons for being there and he wasn't about to let Phi take Valt away.

Colliding Fafnir was flung out of the stadium and Bursted. The crowd cheered as Free picked up his pieces.

Looking down at Free, Shu's eyes narrowed.

That was almost a little too easy...

"Is this Phi or Free?" he asked a little uncertain.

Free smiled a wicked smile.

"Who do you think it is?"

Shu said nothing watching Free's every move.

"Free?"

"Wrong answer."

Taking off his mask Free let his drop to his side.

As soon as it dropped a tense silence fell over the crowd and Shu.

Free's eyes were glowing purple and all traces of his golden aura were gone replaced by Phi's dark energy.

"Phi." Shu said.

Across the stadium both a large Phoenix and Fafnir were fighting to occupy the same space so above Free the avatar kept changing between a raging dragon and a fiery Phoenix.

How is he fighting it?

Quieting his thoughts Shu got into his launching form while Free did the same.

"3...2...1...Let it Rip!"

This time instead of sitting back and watching, Fafnir immediately collided in the center with Spryzen. They attacked each other again and again but looking over Free, Shu could tell something wasn't right.

In the stadium Fafnir kept shifting from golden to purple but outside the battle the same was happening to Free. His eyes kept shifting from golden to purple and so was his aura.

Taking his chance, while Free or Phi was distracted Spryzen went on the outside speeding up.

"Turbo Spryzen Whip!"

Right as he yelled out those words the fighting of colors stopped and it was clear Phi had won the mental battle with Free.

Holding its ground they both collided until Spryzen was flung out of the stadium.

Picking up his bey Shu looked back over at Free to see the purple energy come back stronger. A large ghostly Phoenix could barely be seen and Free's eyes were now purple again.

Shu narrowed his eyes holding out his launcher.

"Let Free go Phi."

"No, in fact I think we're going to have some fun with this."

Free's veins started to reveal themselves and his hair started moving.

Lowering his stance Phi changed his launching stance back into his own.

"Yesterday I told you I had spared you and that you had gotten lucky but today your luck runs out Shu. Today is as far as you go in this tournament."

Shu narrowed his eyes getting into his launching stance.

"3...2...1...Let it Rip!"

Colliding in the center the both rounded taking their places in the center and on the outside. Fafnir was now spinning at full power towards Spryzen instead of being in the center, instead Spryzen had taken it holding its own ground.

Coming in for an attack Shu braced himself but Fafnir missed instead and started wobbling.

Looking up from the battle the golden power had started to come back encasing Fafnir and for a minute Shu saw Free through everything.

Looking back down at the battle Shu noticed that Fafnir's purple energy had disappeared and was now golden. With each hit against the stadium wall Fafnir sped up glowing lighter than before.

It's like it's in some sort of golden state...what is this?

Just as Fafnir was about to attack, Free fell over and the purple energy came back in full force.

Missing Spryzen, Fafnir rebounded coming back and pushing Spryzen out of the center.

Slowing rising up Free started laughing just like Phi when he lost his mind. As Free's body rose up like a puppet he smiled looking down at Shu.

"Face it Shu, I'm stronger than you and I always will be. Like everyone else you will fall."

Fafnnir came out of nowhere trapping Spryzen against the wall

Energy spiked and electricity went everywhere. Free was laughing like he had lost his mind while Shu was managing to hold on.

Spyrzen had managed to push Phoenix away from the wall a little but Phi had caught onto his game.

Smiling Phi held out his hand and let his power go to Shu just like the other day.

"You can't fight me and the darkness Shu."

Holding out his hand Phi pushed even harder with his power but She still held his ground.

"What will it be Shu? If you fight against my power then Spryzen will be destroyed but if you get out then you'll join me."

Spryzen was starting to slow down and Shu was starting to run out of energy holding off Phi's dark power. He could already feel it gaining strength as it started to take over.

"Tick tock Shu I don't know how much longer Spryzen will hold."

If I give into Phi then he'll turn me and Free will lose but if I don't give in then he'll destory Spryzen and it'll be up to Valt to defeat Free.

At the mention of Free everything clicked and Shu knew what to do

"No."

"No?"

"I'm not going down that path again and you can't make me, my opportunity will come again and even if I can't beat you then I know Valt will, so ahead and destroy Spryzen."

Free narrowed his eyes and the energy got stronger.

The purple energy took over the room and let it's waves wash over the room.

Shu stood watching everything as Spryzen flew into the air.

The crack grew breaking the energy layer.

As the broken pieces landed on the floor Free let out a wicked laugh exiting the stage.

Letting out a sigh Shu picked up the broken pieces and left the stage. As he made his way out he crossed paths with Valt.

"Shu! I'm so sorry about Spryzen." he said looking down at the pieces.

"No it's okay I'll be fine but I know you can beat him. Besides Spryzen was needing an upgrade anyways." Shu said cracking a small smile.

Just as he was about to walk off something stopped his lower body from taking another step. Turning around Valt sat hugging his legs.

"Valt, I've got to go. You know they don't let other bladers back here for very long."

"I know it's just..."

Shu got onto his knees looking Valt straight in th eye.

"You'll be fine and as a friend once said to me: just have fun."

Like earlier Valt smiled walking onstage with a spark in his eye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 92 9
What happens when valt and a few others find out that someone has all ready found a missing book from an lost organization that disappeared 7 years a...
46K 1.4K 18
After an attack in the WBBA Valt and Shu make a promise to never leave the other's side until they find their attacker. Because of this promise the t...
67K 1.8K 53
(Various x female blader reader) Two years after the International Blader's Cup, the story focuses on Aiger Akabane, a "wild child" that grew up in n...
6.9K 59 8
Jacen is just a typical blader from the U.S., who just moved to Japan for a while to battle strong bladers. Or at least that's what he wants people t...