17

Yesterday had been fine but today the world was monotonous and Nora could feel her energy leaving her like an ink stain into blotting paper

Yesterday had been fine but today the world was monotonous and Nora could feel her energy leaving her like an ink stain into blotting paper. She struggled to feel with anemic emotions that had no substance, they were flat and drained, like a used tea bag.

Her sigh was of a softly deflating; it was as if a tension had lifted yet left her with a melancholy instead of relief. It triggered a chuckle from a certain blonde haired student council president who seemed to be amused by the entire situation as the witch scowled at him menacingly, completely worn out and drained from the day.

It had barley started and she already wanted it to finish.

"I can't be the only one who's been getting these load of confessions all day." Nora whined as she whimpered, dropping and arm full of dozens and dozens of paper bag bouquets of flowers, all of different types. Roses, carnations, all sorts. It was lunch and she was getting swarmed by males and females alike.

"It's not White Day is it?" Teru asked with a flicker of amusement. "Not funny." She hissed at him, dropping a bouquet of roses onto his desk. With an angry snap of Nora's fingers, all of them disappeared. "Now Princess can have all the flowers that she wants." The witch had sent all of the flowers onto the door step of the Minamoto manor.

Teru picked off a rose petal from her ebony hair. But nonetheless, Teru got serious as he pulled open the drawer that was connected to his desk in which he was working at. Inside the drawer, Nora gaped at how many sweets there were. Cookies, pies and cakes all alike as he shut the drawer with a sigh.

Suddenly, he looked just about as haggard as she did.

Nora and Teru both got occasional confessions a few times a week, no more than that. Today, Nora had been getting pestered left and right, receiving multiple a day, with many of them requesting her to meet them by a certain tree in the Kamome Academy courtyard.

Apparently it had been dubbed the 'Confession Tree' by many people. Suddenly, it had caused an uprise and surge in couples at the school, Nora wasn't oblivious to this fact, considering she had already walked in on three couples kissing. One was in the bathroom, which she indefinitely did not want to witness.

Teru had been seeking shelter inside the Student Council room, escaping as many people as he possibly could, for as long as he could.

"That tree. I don't remember it being there before." Nora stared out the window where there was another duo, more specifically, their vice-president, Aoi Akane, practicing or rather, confessing to one of his classmates, in which she believed his name was Lemon Yamabuki. She let out a withered groan.

"Everyone who's confessed under that tree had become a couple immediately. Look at this." Nora waved her hand as Teru flinched backward as suddenly out of thin air, dozens and dozens of slips of paper had fallen onto his desk, each with different handwriting but just about the same words as he picked one up.