12

"Have I ever mentioned

"Have I ever mentioned .. how much I hate exorcising in the rain?" She asked with a raised brow. Teru sheathed his katana as he ran his fingers through his rain soaked and tousled blonde locks. Each drop bequeathed itself unto the cooling air - wet lifeboats in a dry sea. Together they painted a new picture around a glowing streetlamp.

Rain fell in crazy chaotic drops, the gusting wind carrying them in wild vertices one moment and in diagonal sheets the next. The rain hit her skin like it would go right through and the water washed the street like a river would rise.

The sprinkling turned into a torrential downpour. The coldness seeped through her gauzy gown and chilled her skin.

Teru sighed as he slipped of his already soaked haori and draped it over her head. "I'm sure you've mentioned it a few times, just like how you hate getting tossed into an ice cold bathtub, but there's no difference between the two of them right now, right?" He said with a light chuckle.

"It's cold." The witch commented as she was soaked to the bone. "Then lets call it a day and head home." Teru checked the time, two thirty in the morning, which made it officially a Saturday that they could spend sleeping in. Besides, they needed to get home fast, Nora was easily prone to colds.

She morphed into a cat as he carried her in his arms where she was draped underneath his large haori to prevent any drops of rain to prickle down on her.

They were too far from the manor for the drained Nora to teleport them there in the blink of an eye. "Looks like we'll be having a rainy day in. The rain doesn't look like it'll be letting up even after morning." He hummed as they took temporary shelter underneath the hood of a building.

The boy unlocked the door of their home as they breathed a sigh. Nora leapt out of his arms as she shook her fur off in a measly attempt to dry herself. The only sounds that echoed throughout their dead silent home other than the pitter patter of the rain, was the heavy sound of the water droplets on their hair dripping onto the welcome mat.

Nora was able to snap her fingers as towels floated out of the bathroom and into their arms, drying them off as she let out an exasperated sigh.

Her figure slouched onto Teru, stumbling as he steadied her, placing his soaked hand against her forehead. "Okay, let's get you changed and sleep off that cold, at least help me out that much, Nora." Teru grabbed a pair of her clothes from the cabinet, placing them onto the bathroom counter as he laid her gently down onto the bathroom carpet.

The witch let out a low childish whine as the blonde boy walked out of the bathroom, closing the door behind him as she ran steaming hot water, which was probably a bad idea and would put her body into shock, but it was the least of her concerns.

The boy picked up the tired cat that lay by his door, waiting for him to step out of the shower. Her raven coat was still damp as he wrapped the witch into a fresh towel, drying off her soft fur. Although he would usually call her out for being lazy, he took responsibility since it was partially his fault for overworking her as of the last few days.