8

Newborn cries filled the room and the father bursted into tears of relief and joy

Newborn cries filled the room and the father bursted into tears of relief and joy. He turned his glossy eyes to his wife and in a voice that was almost broken, Daisuke tells her they have a beautiful daughter. The head of Minamoto clan was nothing more than a big soft hearted man in the end as their two sons barged into the room upon hearing the wails

Through her exhaustion she smiled, and she let her eyes leave his face to take in the baby that was being brought to like on her bare skin. In that moment she began to cry the sweetest tears she'd ever known, all the pain of moments before melting away. Only minutes old and the tiny being began to root, mouth wide, her instincts strong.

In the warm arms of a father laid a newborn, her arms aloft as if dreaming of cuddling the mother who sat so closely by. Kou slid his pinky into the little one's open hand and watches as they curl around it, the baby sleeping on. He felt her soft breath on the back of his hand. Already, their school day was melting away as they watched their new sister...

Teru held the newborn to his shoulder and she was smaller than a bag of sugar from the grocers. Tiny toes peeked from her blanket, dangling. He smiled as he recalled the moment he held Kou years ago. The young nine year old Minamoto peeked at the little girl that was cradled in his older brother's arms, poking her cheek lightly.

She let out a coo that warmed his heart. He was an older brother, and that was his little sister.

Keiko looked to her husband, encasing his fingers into her clammy pale hands before turning to Teru who handed the baby to his younger brother extremely carefully.

Nora waited outside the door, sitting patiently as her tail waved back and forth, listening to the happy sounds of the chattering family who were celebrating the birth of a new life and new addition to their happy family. All the witch could really think about was that she would be napping when she got home.

And she would indefinitely change out of her extremely layered clothes.

The door creaked open as out stepped a tall growing boy, staring down at her as she let out a mewl. "Shouldn't you be holding your new little sister?" She asked him curiously. All humans seemed to unnecessarily always become happy over the birth of a new life, in her opinion, there was no reason to this.

Teru didn't say anything as he picked up the small cat, much to her dismay as she simply stared at him while being held up high into the air. "Let's go see my new little sister." He said with content as her ears twitched, indefinitely hearing him correctly, although she wished she didn't as she begun to squirm in his grip.

"Witches should stay out, no? I thought only family was allowed inside the room." She had spoken simple truth and facts as the boy pushed the door open. "Well mom said you're apart of this family too, so let's go." The mahogany door was cracked open where Keiko smiled warmly at the cat.