16

Sitting on the windowsill ledge of the student council room, was second-year Natsuki Nora whom was busy staring outside of the glass, down where the first-year class was out in the gardens, tending to it as they watered, plowed and plucked the veg...

Sitting on the windowsill ledge of the student council room, was second-year Natsuki Nora whom was busy staring outside of the glass, down where the first-year class was out in the gardens, tending to it as they watered, plowed and plucked the vegetables.

Her shimmering scarlet eyes flickered back to the book in her hand. Some nonsense about Coulomb's Law. She found it to be useful to learn materials before they were actually taught, considering she wouldn't have time to study for them when the time came, especially with evening patrols that drawled on.

She chewed a watermelon taffy while offering one to the Mokke that sat on her lap. It was trying to comprehend the large words and formulas in the book that she was indulged in as it shook its head, eyes spinning as it fell backwards onto her abdomen, causing her to let out a light chuckle.

"Minamoto-kaichou, did you do something to Natsuki-senpai?" Akane had whispered to the blonde president who looked up from his papers and to the girl who sat on the window ledge, her legs out in front of her and Mokke watching as they murmured amongst one another.

He only let out a light chortle. "What makes you say that, Aoi?"

"She's .. quiet." Akane shuddered. Usually by now, the girl would have been sitting on Akane's head or resting on Teru's shoulder while the vice-president spewed profanities at his upperclassmen, but today was rather quiet, which was unusual. No fussing or complaining from either of the two.

"I thought you liked quiet?" Teru chuckled as Akane stopped reading papers for a moment, looking up to his president with a frown. "Don't get me wrong but ... Did the two of you get into an argument or something?" He questioned curiously as Teru's pen stopped writing, freezing on the paper as the ink bled.

Akane gulped, he did something wrong. "What nonsense are you spewing now, Aoi? Shouldn't you be doing your papers or did I not give you enough?" Teru spoke with his usual smiley face as his hand reached to the prayer beads around his wrist, causing the vice president to screech as he quickly resumed his work.

However, his eyes flickered to Nora who seemed to be talking to something. With his glasses on, Aoi Akane was a normal human being who did not have the ability to see apparitions, including Mokke. But she seemed to be extending a lemon candy out to something.

And then his auburn eyes locked with her crimson ones. "What are you looking at?" Akane scowled at her.

Her nose scrunched up at him as she reeled her arm back. He blinked once and a yellow wrapped candy was flung in his direction, too slow to dodge, it hit his head as he let out a grunt, the candy bouncing off of his forehead and onto the floor. "Speak nicer to your senpai." She stuck her tongue out at him as he groaned.

It seemed like he was worried for absolutely no reason.

As the bell rung, Nora checked her wrist watch, sliding herself off of the window ledge, closing the book that was held in her hands as it made a thud. Akane raised a brow, still recovering from the candy bullet not too long ago that had left a red mark atop his forehead. "You're leaving early today, Senpai?" He asked curiously.