2

In the dark room there were shapes in monochrome, of course the daylight  could bring brilliant fuchsia or deepest scarlet, but for now it could be a scene from a black and white movie

In the dark room there were shapes in monochrome, of course the daylight could bring brilliant fuchsia or deepest scarlet, but for now it could be a scene from a black and white movie. The silhouettes were already more discernible than they were only a short while before as she gazed toward the window; any moment the sun would kiss the sky orange, igniting a new dawn, bringing the chorus of the birds.

The blackness became her blanket of protection, a place for her heart to beat quietly in steady rhythm. All that came to her was the warmth the sun gave to the daytime and the sounds of the other animals who loved the night, such as herself.

She who was the cloak of midnight itself and it's evermore of shadows. Twilight had faded, leaving her alone in the cold and dark cell, curling into herself with soft and easy breaths. However, her ears perked up as she heard footsteps.

A figure towering over her small feeble self had stared down at her, a lamp in his hand and a plate in the other.

From a non-context point of view, it was bizarre for a family of exorcists to keep a small kitten barred up inside a large cell that was used and fit for supernaturals and humans. So why was a kitten that was barley larger than half a foot, placed in the cold cell, stuck in the shadows alone? Especially since she looked harmless.

He slid the plate through the barrier of the cell as the plate clattered. She walked up to the dish, sitting there and waving her tail as the azure eyes stared down at her. They held neither pity nor remorse, not contempt or amenity. It was a wavering unsure look of what to think.

"No need to look like that. I won't bite." She said simply, taking a bite of the salmon that she already knew Kou had cooked.

He didn't feel guilty, since she wasn't just an innocent cat like she looked. But at the same time, he also wasn't the person who put her inside the cell. That would have been his parent's doing, after they had come home unexpectedly from a trip and saw the black cat in their living room, that was talking.

They weren't afraid of cats, but there was something that his parents were hiding from him.

"Mom told me that I need to take you with me tomorrow to the family meeting." Teru said simply as she let out a hum. He had seen much more odd things than a talking cat before, however his younger brother, Kou hadn't. He had been extremely surprised to find out that the cat that they have yet to name, was a talking cat.

She never told them why.

"That child, your brother right?" She had inquired. He eyed her carefully before nodding. "Kou."

The cat lied down on the cold stone floors. "Tell him that the salmon was good." She said, before curling up into her own little ball. He saw the cat one time a day, for about ten minutes. She had been in the cell for a week now. It had been a while since he had seen his parents stay at home for so long. Indefinitely it had something to do with the small furry black creature.