32

The iridescent rays of light peaked through the window sill

The iridescent rays of light peaked through the window sill. The essence of light drew itself into the room in the form of spectrums highlighting and bounding off of the wooden floors of the room.

The birds were flaunting their vocal chords as per usual, playing a melodic lullaby like that of an alarm, causing sapphire eyes to flutter open in the dimly lit shadows of his room, staring at the white ceiling, turning his body where the raven haired witch laid beside him.

Her hair was shimmering, straight, but disheveled from the tossing and turning as Teru brushed his fingers through. Her face laid at peace, quietly, and her hands still clung onto his finger tips. The seventeen year old let out a sigh, letting Nora's hair flop back onto the sheets.

"Restraining against your cute little face all the time was difficult, Nora." Teru muttered to the witch, sitting up. Although he didn't want to, he slipped the witch off of his arm, planting his feet onto the floor. Fifteen minutes earlier, he had heard Kou leave the house after taking Tiara with him to drop her off.

Which meant that it was time for him and Nora to get up too — they needed to start their search on the Seven Mysteries.

Teru dug through his closet, shared with Nora and her half of organized clothes — and another closet for their exorcism and formal clothes. The witch tended to color code her assortments in contradiction to Teru who didn't mind too much.

"What time is it .." Nora muttered, flipping herself over onto her back. "Nine, I believe. Nora, you need to get dressed." Teru chuckled, but the witch barley cracked her eyes open as Teru stripped off his shirt. There was a light outline of his abdominal muscles from years worth of training.

"I don't want to .." She flopped lazily.

"Nora .." Teru had warned, walking over to her. "Oh please don't you dare —" If it was possible for a cat to lose one of her nine lives in a nanosecond — Nora had just lost one, letting out a sharp gasp as Teru draped himself over her like a blanket until he picked her up effortlessly.

Her skin brushed against his barren chest as he merely smiled cheekily.

Nora's ruby eyes flared, glaring into his soul as he felt his skin burning up as the witch turned herself into a black ball of fur, falling to the floor, perfectly onto her feet. "I hate you."

"Then do you kiss all people you hate? That won't do at all, Nora. You can't cheat on me like that." Teru whined playfully, zipping up his black jacket, picking the cat up from the floor, pressing a kiss against her head, causing her ear to twitch.

The blonde picked up his katana from its stand.

Nora let out a gruff exhale, shifting herself into the collar of his jacket with her head poking out. "Ah, we're going to be late .." Teru stared at the clock. Nora only blinked, "Akane can wait a little, he'll live. After all, we're the ones spending our summer break helping him .."