4

Nora never particularly thought about fighting supernaturals in her previous lives

Nora never particularly thought about fighting supernaturals in her previous lives. As long as they didn't bother her, she would continue on living. It wasn't until her seventh and current life that she had even taken them to thought. And the thought that had surfaced in her mind over the last few months of fighting the annoying creatures until the crack of dawn had lead to one thing.

She hated flying apparitions. Not levitating ones— flying ones. Stupid winged dead ghosts.

Not only did they make a mess everywhere when they died because blood splattered left and right, but they were incredibly difficult to get out of the sky. Teru had resulted to just simply launching his sword at the bird and throwing it, hoping that it would hit. But for the record, he was a mister perfect.

Meaning his archery skills were too. Therefore, he would probably hit the spot, which came as no surprise as the large—- extremely large bird apparition that was multiple times their size, had come tumbling down to the solid ground with a thud that even knocked Nora off of her feet a little bit.

She had begun to realize how easy it was to fight when she was a human. Also how easy it was to stay clean.

Twelve year old Minamoto Teru started his first year of Junior High soon, spending his entire summer break exorcising supernaturals, playing and training with his younger brother, studying to get top of his class, and naps with Nora.

The girl frowned as she had slapped a bandage onto Teru's neck, courtesy of the tedious winged apparition they had fought, in which it had the ability to use it's feathers like flying knives which were rather dangerous, however easily neutralized with Teru's lightning. However it was the speed that had caught them off guard, allowing one to scratch the boy's cheek.

No school the next day for Teru. Since he was on break, meant that they were able to fight and hunt after stronger apparitions, no longer having to worry about getting enough sleep for the next day of school, tests, or wounds that may appear suspicious and trigger worry from peers.

Sometimes they had brought Kou along with them to observe, but they didn't allow him to step in unless they were exorcising the smaller ones. He was still fairly young and his lightning wasn't as strong as Teru when he was eight. So they couldn't treat him the same way.

During the exorcisms it was really just Teru doing all of the work, although that was the point since he was the exorcist, not Nora. She was there to simply put things into place, distract the apparition while he prepared the spells. Occasionally here and there she would save him, to save herself from having to patch wounds.

After the transforming-into-a-human-in-my-bed incident, Teru had been extremely reluctant to allow her to sleep inside of his room again, or Kou's room. The boy was a little too young to be exposed to ... that.

Although, he did take care of her for the one day long cold that she was sick with, since it was originally his fault in the first place. Afterward, she shifted back into a cat and freely transformed between both forms. It took quite a lot of pleading for her to be allowed back into his room.