38

"Why are

"Why are .. you two crying?"

"I don't think I've ever seen you cry before Teru .. Not since I held you for the first time in my arms!"

The fourteen year old girl nearly hurled out the contents of her stomach out, covering her mouth at the terrible stench. Her blonde haired counterpart wiped away his tears and put on an indescribable expression as he felt the cold hands touch his cheek.

"Whatever we do .. we can't think it's actually my mom .. right?"

Nora nodded her head. Teru placed a hand on her shoulder, asking for the witch to lend some spiritual power as the boy held two fingers to the woman's forehead, adjusting her memories. His cerulean eyes seemed to have a spark in them, rewinding through the head of what used to be his mother.

"I can only temporarily put everyone to sleep .. We have to start with Daisuke, he'll be the first to wake up." Nora shakily stood up, nearly falling. Teru caught the girl and lent her his shoulder. He expected the spell to take a lot out of her .. she was practically reviving the dead ..

Except that thing wasn't his real mother.

But it was the only way his father, the head of the great Minamoto clan, the greatest and most influential of the four great families, could be sane once again .. not only that, but it was the only way their family could keep face.

It was what they had to do.

"Nora .." The blonde had called out to her. "Shut up, I'm concentrating." They had kept the secret of Keiko Minamoto's passing restricted to just those of the compound and the temple, so today, as they all gathered in one spot for the annual meeting .. it was easy for them to work.

They didn't think about the guilt .. the consequences. None at all.

What was done, was done .. Now Kou didn't have to cry anymore, Tiara didn't have to wail because her father was wailing .. the Minamoto family could regain their prestige once again.

"What are you two doing? Are you practicing to go out later?" The melodic voice seemed to hum.

Nora bit her lip, resisting the urge and the chill that ran down her spine at how uncanny she was to Keiko. Teru .. despite his heart yearning and beating for his mother .. had put the woman to sleep first while slowly, everyone else began to fall one by one they listened to the thuds.

"Teru .. is this wrong?" That was the first thing she had asked him. Not for help, not protesting .. but she asked him for a morale question as he froze. Even he didn't know .. if this was right or wrong..