Act IV : 42

Her head was spinning

Her head was spinning. Throughout all of the chaos .. the distant screaming and crying, even the sounds of hurling students that were regurgitating the joy and food they consumed on a high .. the lone witch sat, sprawled on the ground in a puddle of blood after Natsuhiko graciously dropped her off before leaving to go the boy named Mitsuba.

However before he did so, he examined the expression in her face. It wasn't despair, nor was it anger anymore.

Her eyes that were wide, wide open, peering through the crevices of her hands and a figure slouched over in seeming defeat. "If you're not grounded enough, Natsuki-chan .. it won't matter how long or how scary you are, you're going to get swallowed and chewed up by this world." His hand left a burning mark on her shoulder. His blood that proved fatal to apparitions ..

Nora drowned out the sounds of the screaming and crying around her until it had all stopped on its own.

Because of Teru and Kou .. even Tiara, Yashiro, Aoi and Akane .. all of the humans she affiliated herself with allowed her to draw the assumption that perhaps trusting them was the appropriate thing to do .. to rely on them for once ..

Natsuhiko's blood that swirled around the entirety of the clock, acting as venomous poison to apparitions, stinging her just for a mere second before it slid off her skin.

Nora inhaled a breath.

To be inescapable of the change that was humans .. the witch only felt grief. The very notion that the humans she wanted to have faith in continued to have faith in the hideous creatures that kept ruining her idyllic happiness that she'd so desperately reached and protected.

The girl let out a scream that had erupted for not even the fraction of a second before the clock behind her shattered into a dozen pieces.

White noise rang in her ear as the world around them hushed and time came to a halt.

While one opportunity closed, another opened, The witch and her lonesome self stood up with a dead calm in her crimson ruby red eyes that couldn't have been anymore indifferent than a bitter rose that formed on a timid winter evening, blistering the sight of any light.

"What a stupid senpai. I've been grounded for some time now. I have no reason to lose sight of my purpose. In fact .. I have more to gain from it now." Nora scoffed, brushing her hair over her shoulder as she stepped into the void of never ending nothingness. The stillness of time that froze, enveloping the entirety of the school with the exception of few individuals.

That was the last time Nora would trust humans like those. Humans that wavered between life and death, dancing upon it like a game.

But she had already seen this coming. There was no use in being disappointed in the upperclassmen that she once looked up to. It was irreversible now.