30

It was one of those baby-blue skies, not the psychedelic candy-blue nor the washed out grey so characteristic of mornings

It was one of those baby-blue skies, not the psychedelic candy-blue nor the washed out grey so characteristic of mornings. The clouds were as puffy of radiant joy, ready to disperse into the wind. The day was postcard perfect, even the buses were running on time. Downtown the skyscrapers shone silver in the morning sun and the sky was an unbroken backdrop of blue.

The group entered into a large towering building with flashing and colorful lights, loud blaring music and lots of laughter and smiles, a perfect contrast to their two first-years. The big bold sign that stood on top of the building read only one word : 'ARCADE'

That one word, transformed the two second-years into children as Teru grabbed the witch's wrist and tugged her over to a machine. "Yashiro! Aoi! Get over here~" Teru waved brightly at the two, his cheeks were flushed in excitement and the grin on his face even more so.

"Look at this Nora! It's a tower of candy!" His hands pressed against the small glass dome that illuminated radiating rainbow lights from it. Tugging her over to the next machine, he pointed at it like a curious and wandering child inside of a candy shop. "Look! It's the thing with the salmon!" The exorcist bounced around giddily.

"This is my first time seeing a crane game in real life!" He placed Nora's hands on the knobs and buttons, his hands going on top of hers as he controlled her movements, towering behind her as he placed his chin on her head like a chin rest. Although Nora didn't say anything, her eyes twinkled like a curious child craving knowledge.

"I've always wanted to try this! Let's get that one, Nora!" She wasn't sure which one 'that one' was, but he was controlling the movements of her hand anyway. Akane and Yashiro slowly trailed behind the pair awkwardly. "It's pretty fun, isn't it!" Yashiro tried to say cheerily.

Teru let out a hum. "Well ~ I'm from an exorcist family, remember? Nora, here is my dandy little witch partner. So we pretty much work all year round, and this is our first day off, see." Nora's eyes lit up as the claw machine grabbed the tail of a lobster. Teru, being naturally talented in just about everything, got a toy on his first try.

"Your .. day off?" Yashiro repeated.

Nora turned around with a smile. "Yep. Since the supernaturals have all completely disappeared." Just pertaining to their town. Of course apparitions and supernaturals still existed, roaming in other countries. They would always exist, but right now, his parents were dealing with them, traveling the world.