18

In the late summer, wind was the red flag of the poppy petals, a living masterpiece of nature

In the late summer, wind was the red flag of the poppy petals, a living masterpiece of nature. Though they grew unnoticed by so many, they were more to her scarlet eyes than a monet or any artwork that brought their likeness in beautiful strokes of softest bristles. The sky blazed blue and the sun was a celebration of yellow, free and bright. The trees rose to the occasion, donning their best verdant hues

The frameless scenery, gazed upward at the ever-present sky; they were the warmth of the land that gave thanks to the warmth of the summer sun. They were the rainbows that arose from earth and water, yet can be nothing without the golden shimmering rays.

From her classroom window, the second year student watched pleasantly as the first year students watered the plants in the practice garden; although this time, it was a separate class from Akane's. The water that sputtered out of the green gardening hose had reflected the prisms of light, creating a small rainbow in which she admired momentarily.

The ravenette was surrounded by her classmates who were talking about the one upmost classic and gossipy subject; boys. Japanese class was rather boring, quite simple actually. The teachers tended to be turned around and writing on the chalkboard more often than calling on students, so it was rather easy to doze off for the entire class.

Break rolled around as she sat confided in her seat, smiling and throwing a few words into the conversation every now and then. It was amusing to watch the girls fawn themselves over boys who liked them, but neither of the two had the courage to admit it, and thus, they rambled on and on about their love stories.

However, it was anything but fun when the beloved President Minamoto was thrown into the hot topic of the conversation and everyone turned their heads to the lotus flower of the second years: Natsuki Nora who only blinked.

Her classmates leaned in closer to her with a grin on their faces. "You and Minamoto really aren't dating, Natsuki-chan?" The brunette asked as she bluntly and simply shook her head in reply, it was a common question with the same answer in reply as always as the girl sighed and sat back down in her chair at the answer given.

"What a waste. You two are basically the unmarried king and queen of the school." Nora chuckled at the exaggerated statement. "That's really far fetched."

They glanced at her as though she were joking. "Ah .. you're so dense Natsuki." They drawled as she tilted her head in confusion. "I mean, sometimes my heart flies around in a little loop when I'm around him." She twiddled with her fingers nervously as they all lifted their heads in excitement.

"Natsuki! Do you like him?!" They all inched closer to her as she looked up from her feet with a grin on her face. "Just kidding~" The witch hummed, sticking her tongue out playfully as they all sighed.

She wasn't bewitched by the Teru effect. Nor will she ever. Probably.

Suddenly she watched their faces morphed into bashful scarlet red ones as they sunk into their seat, covering their mouths. "Hu-"