28

Yashiro stared in horror, her mouth was restricted by the hand  wrapped around the bottom half of her face

Yashiro stared in horror, her mouth was restricted by the hand wrapped around the bottom half of her face. Although the supernatural was defeated by Akane, it continued to multiply and even more supernaturals begun to come. She had never seen anything like it. Neither had Akane, never having encountered an actual supernatural before.

The two of them began to slowly lose their consciousness. The strength was zapped out of them as soon as the hand touched them.

"ₑₐₜ ₜₕₑₘ" "ǝɹǝɥ ɹǝʌo 'ɹǝʌo ɯǝɥʇ ssɐd" "ᴇᴀᴛ ᴇᴀᴛ" "ₕᵤₙgᵣy" The hoard uttered, each of them multiplying one after another, hungry for a fresh human soul to devour.  

"ʜᴀ .. ᴡʜᴏᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ ɪꜱ, ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴀʀ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴇᴀʀʟʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʙᴏɴ. ᴡʜᴏ'ꜱ ᴛᴇʀʀɪᴛᴏʀʏ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ?" The cold and desolate voice rung out as Yashiro as well as Akane were dropped onto the floor with a thud, gasping for air, Yashiro panted, turning to Akane who was barley on the sliver of his consciousness.

"Cₒᵤₗd yₒᵤ bₑ ..? ₚₗₑₐₛₑ fₒᵣgᵢᵥₑ ᵤₛ .. Wₑ dᵢdₙ'ₜ ₖₙₒw ₜₕₐₜ ₜₕᵢₛ wₐₛ ₜₕₑ ₜₑᵣᵣᵢₜₒᵣy ₒf ₕₒₙₒᵣₐbₗₑ  ᴺᵒ.⁶!" They had cried out. "fₒᵣgᵢᵥₑ ᵤₛ--" They were cut off as the large towering figure had wrapped his hands around their heads. Yashiro's eyes had gone wide as she stared at the splattered magenta liquid on the floor as he mercilessly crushed their heads.

"𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚢—" As the supernatural slaughtered one of its kind after the other, Yashiro tried to drag the temporarily unconscious Akane, attempting to wake him up but to no avail. 

"ʏօʊ ɮօȶɦ ֆɛɛʍ ɖɛʟɨƈɨօʊֆ .. ȶɦɛ ֆȶʊɖɛռȶֆ ǟʀɛ ɦǟʋɨռɢ ʄʊռ .. ɛʋɛռ ɨʄ ɨ ɛǟȶ օռɛ օʀ ȶաօ ɦɛʀɛ .. ռօ օռɛ աɨʟʟ ɛʋɛʀ ռօȶɨƈɛ" Yashiro held Akane's head as she clenched her eyes shut, but nothing happened as she looked up. The supernatural seemed to be distracted by something else-- or rather, someone else.

"Ͳհìʂ ƒҽҽӀìղց .."

"Nene-chan!" The girl's locks of indigo hair fluttered behind her as she ran. "Aoi!?"

The first-year stopped running as she saw the sight in front of her. "You were gone for some time, so I thought something may have happened ... Akane-kun?" She stared at the unconscious boy that laid on the ground, taking a step closer, Yashiro's magenta eyes widened. "Aoi! Don't come ove-"

It was too late as Number 6 of the Seven Mysteries had flown over to her. "ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɪᴛ ʙᴇ? ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ .. ᴘᴇʀʜᴀᴘꜱ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ--"

His sentence was put to a halting stop as a sudden grunt from the vice-president had rung out. "Don't .. DON'T TOUCH HER, YOU BASTARD SUPERNATURAL!" Akane roared as he quickly pulled out the stop watch. Within the blink of an eye, everything went completely still and frozen. Akane breathed for a few seconds as he struggled to stand up, staggering over to his frozen childhood friend.