13

Witches were dangerous

Witches were dangerous. Not all of them had nine lives like Nora's line of family and ancestors, but they all had the same blood running through their veins in some way or form, it was what connected them all, it was what made them witches to the bone deep of their eerie soul that flickered in a fleeting light.

They called themselves sisters, mothers, daughters, aunts and cousins. They called themselves relatives; family. They labeled themselves with words that inaccurately described their relationship. They described themselves as a term that was supposed to filled with love, trust and care.

Things that did not exist in a witch's dictionary.

In their world there were only three things. Survival, knowledge and power. They were gluttons, filled with greed to the very brink of their existence, hungry for knowledge, new spells to invent and test then upon the humans who degraded their kind.

Nora strove for none of the three. She was considered a disgrace amongst witches, not having enough drive or power, for she wanted to live inside the world of a fairytale where love existed, and care, trust, happiness. They were delusional hallucinations that caused animosity among the witches toward her, the misfit, the odd one.

It was an entire let down, considering her lineage. Everyone had high hopes for her, in which she had soon shattered as it all came crashing down.

But none of their standards mattered to her anymore. Any and all witches aside from herself were already dead, long, long, dead, including her mother who was roving in the land of the dead, most likely cursing and hexing her daughter to oblivion. Her daughter, a witch from a prestigious blood line, playing big sister and house pet along with high school student when she should have been out killing humans instead of co-existing with them.

"Care to tell me what you've been smiling about this entire time while you've been ignoring what I've been saying?" Teru inquired, a scary grin etched itself on his face as she stretched her cheeks, causing her to let out a whine, surrendering as she tapped his hand. "Do you really want to know?" She asked him, massaging her sore cheeks with a delicate frown as the two walked to school.

He looked up to the clear morning sky that dawned down on them before smiling once again. "No, not really."

"Teru, if I were to disappear three years from now, would you miss me?" She asked him out of the blue, her ruby red orbs flickering to the cerulean ones that were already staring at her with curiosity. "That's an odd question Nora." He said with a sigh as she chuckled lightly at his reply. "Then never mind. Forget I said anything." The witch quickened her pace to school as she tugged the male to move faster.

"What brought this up? I mean, if you were to disappear three years from now, no— if you were to disappear in general, Princess and Kou would miss you a lot, you know?" He said heartily as they took a right turn. Nora let out a hum.