26

Being in the student council was a complete and utter excuse for Nora to simply have a reason to eat her snacks in a secluded place where eyes weren't darting after her everywhere left and right, and she was under the protection of the student cou...

Being in the student council was a complete and utter excuse for Nora to simply have a reason to eat her snacks in a secluded place where eyes weren't darting after her everywhere left and right, and she was under the protection of the student council president who held full and utmost responsibility over her, being her contractor.

The witch nonchalantly popped a red bean dumpling in her mouth, chewing on it merrily, a gleeful smile graced onto her features as Akane sat a seat away, copying the month's funds into his own tracker within his notebook, while Teru seemed to be taking annotations for a book in literature class.

"Hey Aoi .. How about the two of us indulge in a little contest?" The student council president smiled brightly, flowers seemingly blooming around his gracious presence. "How about .. no." Akane had replied bluntly, not even looking up from his notebook to bat an eye toward the bugging president.

"Aoi." Teru beckoned. "No." The boy retorted.

"I didn't even say what, yet." Teru whined childishly. "And yet the answer will still be, no." Akane continued scribbling down the notes messily.

"Just let me talk!~" Teru leaned closer with an eerie grin. "No-can-do." The maroon haired boy still paid no regard to his upperclassman as Nora snickered in amusement.

Teru let out a sigh as his chair creaked, signalling him getting up as Nora watched, enjoying the show. Only then when the shadow of the president had loomed over the first-year, did he curiously look up, only to be greeted with the sight of Teru unclasping his prayer beads off of his wrist.

Faster than the boy's reflexes could react, the beads shot toward him as he blinked, now staring at the room upside down. "This-- is abuse of power, you ass!" The boy flailed in his restraints as he hung upside-down from the ceiling light, the president laughing at the sight in pure amusement.

"Might as well give in, Akane. If Teru wants something, he'll get it. He's spoiled like that." The witch had shrugged as Teru let out a soft whine. "Hey, I was the one who bought you that entire bag of unhealthy sweets." He pointed as she snatched the bag away from him.

"And I was the one who worked for it." Nora stuck her tongue out at him like a child. He turned his attention back to Akane who seemed to be growing extremely ticked off as the blood flowed to his head. "So, the winner of our match will be the one who gets the higher score when adding up all of our subjects."

"And if you lose?" Akane raised a brow. "Then the loser must listen to one command, whatever it may be, that the winner decides upon. How's that sound?" Teru looked at him with an eerie and mocking grin as the boy continued to sway back and forth, rocking the ceiling light gently as well.

"Anything!?" Akane seemed to like the sound of that. "If we tie, I'll give the win to you."

Before the vice-president could get anywhere with his devious plans on if he were to win, instinct immediately reeled in as he cocked a brow in skepticism. " .. How suspicious .. Just what are you planning here?"